Tankers wrong 'Arco 1-1' callsign; but only for 'bugged' client connections (sync issue?)

SlooFooD

If you have multiple tankers and you would assign for example callsign "Arco-1-1" and "Arco-2-1" for different planes in ME, then both appear in radio menu as exactly same "Arco-1-1" - hope you can get this fixed soon.

Btw: assignment of Callsigns using moose seems to work well in singleplay but in MP all tanker planes get "texaco".

• Like 1

System: Z390 AORUS MASTER, i9-9900KS @ 5.2Ghz AllCore, AORUS RTX 2080 Ti XTREME WATERFORCE WB, 2x2 TB 970 Pro, 64GB GSkill F4-3600C17-16GTZR, Custom WC Loop (2x420 Rads), TM HOTAS Warthog, TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5 (Pro), ASUS X34P & Virtual Cockpit for iPad (A10C/F18C)

modules: F/A-18C, A-10C, F-16C, FC3, CA, SuperCarrier, BlackShark2, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H Huey

i had this problem also without late activation, all arco tankers (1.1, 2.1, 3.1) in Radio-menu same entry. arco-1.1

Edited by SlooFooD
i couldn't reproduce in own tests

System: Z390 AORUS MASTER, i9-9900KS @ 5.2Ghz AllCore, AORUS RTX 2080 Ti XTREME WATERFORCE WB, 2x2 TB 970 Pro, 64GB GSkill F4-3600C17-16GTZR, Custom WC Loop (2x420 Rads), TM HOTAS Warthog, TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5 (Pro), ASUS X34P & Virtual Cockpit for iPad (A10C/F18C)

modules: F/A-18C, A-10C, F-16C, FC3, CA, SuperCarrier, BlackShark2, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H Huey

in the meantime I have tested a lot and the results were partly weard.

With a mission that was created as simple as possible - i've got correct CallSigns in GamePLay independent of "late activation" or "immediate activation".

But things are getting weard as you are using common frameworks to expand possibilities for mission editing like the MOOSE-Framework. If You are changing common CallSign-Tables that would likely change behavior of these frameworks.Would be nice, if people that are contributing these mature framworks would be involveld into mature changes, so that nessesary changes could be done just before a release of a new update.

here is a video of my last Test-Flight in my latest mission: independent of "late activation" or "immediate activation: 

I have only 2 "Late activated" tankers(Arco-1-1, Arco-2-1) in my mission and additional every player is able to spawn an additional one depending on his Coordinates and other parameters like height. That works well - worked well before update. Now the assignment of the callsigns seems to be broken  -  you have added a lot of stuff for the hornet and the viper - maybe due to this we have issues withe moose at this point. 

At the moment you can see in the video above, that both tankers get the same CallSIgn (radio menu sequence) - the later spawned tanker get's correctly Shell-1-1.

I will redo this video on dedicated server - the results there are different > Shell-1-1 get's the CallSign "Texaco-1-1"

And i am wondering why the Tanker spawn and refuleing was not being recorded in TrackFile.
If You are interested you could get the MIZ.File

6_06-00_op pat_0615_LightScattered1.miz20211229_BrokenCallsSigns_op01.trk

Edited by SlooFooD
added trackfile
  • Thanks 1

• 6 months later...

Track files too big for forum software, available here:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!An0uZhCNQrORedfA9AS0aZqQ2Ng?e=PIbCbV

In our missions, we use the API to spawn and set up callsigns for tankers via setCommand/setCallsign API call.

Our pilots are intermittently but fairly regularly experiencing a bug where all tankers have callsign ‘Arco 1-1’ regardless of their real callsign, both in the comms menu and during the actual comms with the tanker(s).

Simultaneously unbugged clients will have the correct callsigns.  Unbugged clients tuned to the tanker frequency overhearing comms with the bugged client will ‘hear’ the correct callsigns.

A re-slot does not fix a bugged client, but a re-connection generally does.

We set up a ‘control’ tanker (Texaco9) created directly in ME, and it seem unaffected.

In the attached tracks, the longer track file is a ‘bugged’ client connection.  The shorter track file is from a wingmate who joined and recorded a track from his client.  At about 09:48 mission time in both tracks, you can see the same tanker comms where the ‘unbugged’ client ‘hears’ the correct callsigns, while the ‘bugged’ client hears ‘Acro 1-1’.

Attached screenshot crops from ‘bugged’ and ‘unbugged’ clients connected to the same server.

Blackdog (51st VFW)

image.png

no-repro.png

repro.png

Edited by Blackdog
forum editor ate all the post content when I posted

13 minutes ago, Flappie said:

Could you please attach the mission file?

Hi Flappie.  The .miz from the track file has been added to the OneDrive link at the top of my post.  Reproduction is not all the time for us but fairly frequent.

To reproduce, connect to the server, slot in, and give it a bit for the scripting to load everything in.

If things are working correctly you'll see Texaco1 and Texaco2 flights in the tanker comms menu, if you are reproducing it they'll show up (and communicate as) Arco 1-1, but only to your bugged client connection.   Texaco1 is on 251.0 and Texaco2 is on 252.0.

Thanks,

-Blackdog

• Thanks 1

To be clear on the reproduction rate, it doesn't happen 'most' of the time, but we do see it fairly frequently.  Frequently enough that it happened the first time when I tried to reproduce it to make the track file, and our pilots report it fairly often.

• 4 weeks later...

@Flappie

I've been digging into this a bit more, I believe it is the same bug as this:

Also on the MOOSE Discord, I came across this -- in retrospect, I believe this matches (and definitely fits in the case when I generated the trackfile):

evilnate — 06/13/2020
Breakthrough with the CommandSetCallsign dedicated server issue! If one client connects to dedicated server, all tanker callsign number assignments are the same (bad, not working). If a second client connects to the dedicated server, all tanker callsign number assignments are as specified in the script. If one client connects to the dedicated server, leaves, and then comes back all tanker callsign number assignments are as specified in the script.

• Thanks 1

So I'll speak for our mission but this does seem like a related issue, we spawn AFACs on demand via markers. They're all clones from a group in the ME and this clone has a specific callsign (take  "Dodge 1-1" as an example) which we change in the group data before spawning the clone. This poses sync issues in MP, all the clients connected prior to the AFAC spawning will see in the JTAC menu the cloned AFAC with the original callsign ("Dodge 1-1"), not the modified one. Using setCallsign however seemed to fix this issue, you shouldn't have to but it does sync up other players in our case.

Players logged in after the AFAC spawn, regardless of a setCallsign call or not, do not have this issue. It does not occur in SP/server  side either with or without the setCallsign call.

Edited by Rex854Warrior

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

I understand the issue, for it is very well described in the present thread. But I'm not very good at DCS scripting, and I'd like to be 100% sure we're talking about a DCS issue, and not a MOOSE issue, before reporting it.

Can someone please create a very simple mission with DCS own 'setCallsign' function at work with a couple of tankers, with no MOOSE code in it? Event better if you attach the server track along wih two clients tracks (one bugged, one not seeing the bug).

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

ED does not maintain the MOOSE project. Before this issue gets reported, we must be sure it's an ED core issue, not a MOOSE-only issue. Which is why I need a mission using the core 'setCallsign' function, not a MOOSE-scripted one.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

I am well aware, I am pointing out that if this MOOSE feature works in SP but not in MP, then it points to a synchronisation problem (an ED problem). This is a very recurrent issue. There are no fundamental differences in scripting for a single player mission and multiplayer for this case. I am however happy to be proven wrong. Unfortunately I lack the time to create such a mission on top of not knowing exactly what the OP is doing. I hope the OP can help out here and I'll see if I can make something later on.

Edited by Rex854Warrior
  • Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/12/2022 at 8:10 AM, Flappie said:

ED does not maintain the MOOSE project. Before this issue gets reported, we must be sure it's an ED core issue, not a MOOSE-only issue. Which is why I need a mission using the core 'setCallsign' function, not a MOOSE-scripted one.

Sorry for the delay, I got onto other things and somewhat forgot about this thread.   Here is a dead simple example .miz that I was able to reproduce with on our wing's server.  Loaded .miz on server, connected, slotted into the F-16, waited a bit for the trigger with the 'time more' to fire, then pulled up the Tanker radio menu and they were all 'Arco 1-1', same bug as described previously. TankerSetCallsignTest.miz

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 9/3/2022 at 11:49 PM, Flappie said:

Many thanks, @Blackdog🙏

Issue reproduced and reported.

Also encountered the same issue and would like to remind that this issue still remains now. Not only for tankers, but also JTAC. In SP, all works fine, but in MP with real clients, the radio menu either greyed out, or no response from JTAC/Tankers. 

One more thing, in MP, when we switch to a preset radio channel and try to contact JTAC on the same channel, the channel will automatically switch to M (Manual) mode. 

• PC Specs: Intel i7 9700, Nvidia RTX 2080S, Corsair 64G DDR4, MSI B360M Mortar Titanium, Intel 760P M.2 256GB SSD + Samsung 1TB SSD, Corsair RM650x
  • Flight Gears: Logitech X56 HOTAS & Flight Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2
  • Modules: F-14A/B, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C I/II, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Project: Operation Hormuz [F/A-18C Multiplayer Campaign]

• 1 month later...

Any updates??? Still an on going issue...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMP WIZARD "Forest Gumble" "When the air becomes electric....It's like a box of chocolates":captain:

Windows 11 Pro 64 bit | Intel Alder Lake i7 12700KF | Asus Prime Z690M Plus D4 | CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 3200 | EVGA GTX 1070 SC @1594MHz/4000 MHz 8GB | 1x42" Multi Touch Screen and 1x27" 4k widescreen | Saitek x52 Pro |

• 2 months later...

Still an issue. If clients are bugged (usually, the first client taking a slot on dedicated server), in MP tankers are all 1-1...

image.png

If you leave, and reconnect, radio comms are ok, but callsigns on F10 map are not.

image.png

image.png

Edited by Saruman