Webb Space Telescope

Beirut

Thanks for that . I assume the item at the bottom left shows the component deployment status ? That's what is causing most of the nail-biting !

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

11 minutes ago, Svsmokey said:

Thanks for that . I assume the item at the bottom left shows the component deployment status ? That's what is causing most of the nail-biting !

That might be what it is.

You'd swear all of this is 50% competence and 50% crossed fingers.

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

• 3 months later...

Amazing project!!!

The decades of planning, decisions, engineering, re-engineering, extensive testing, retesting and testing some more...

then, what to me looks like the most crazy, precise launch... with seemingly zero margin for the orbital mechanics calculations, you either get it right, or the whole thing is wasted. And they got it right!

Then unfold the super fragile components slowly, carefully, in slow stages... aim the mirrors... and 20 billion will probably start to pay off soon!!

Huge effort by SOOO many people all around the world, "a giant leap for mankind" even?

• Like 3