DMT old problems

DTS_Maton

i made a track file availeble but i don,t know what is going on 

the replay of the track file has me drilling the harrier into the ground before i even get to bombs 

that never happend , i went on to using the IR missiles for the second thor and bomb some targets at the airport 

the first part also has me using the DMT on the sky , this is also not what happend

there is also a part where i evade the thor missiles , originally i went down to tree top level the track file has me much higher 

i have this similar on another track file from persia 

i do think the it has something to do with IR missiles and bomb loadout somewhere in there is the old axis and opposite moving of the slew 

what i do is create a target point ( waypoint long press ) after slewing to a target, turn on the IR missile ,Sensor Select Forward for imrv then TDC down to lock the missile

after that the slewing is screwed 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OqM-or1Yq0qkkWnJWezwVJjDUNy4PAwg/view?usp=sharing

Edited by DTS_Maton

ok this time i made a screen recording as the track replay does something completely different than what actually happened 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DmpMkQBdbBr1eoWqeLqXGBGXPYnK4fan/view?usp=sharing

https://youtu.be/SMZ9iXzLtWM

the track and the video are the same flight again in replay the harrier dives in the ground 

i think i  closed in a bit on the problems 

after creating the target point in which slewing works just fine switch to IR missile fire away 

undesginate target with nose wheel steering and then trying to desginate a second target point the slewing is screwed

undesginate and lock several times does not fix it but switching to LST temporaly does 

after this slewing is back to normal so that would be Sensor Select Aft 

Edited by DTS_Maton

i am not gonna watch 15 minutes of video for a 10 second problem and that is going to be the same for any dev.

please make sure to cut out parts that are not related to the issue.

the same goes for your track and why it is corrupted. A track is merely a record of your inputs. But there are random factors in flight that will make it very hard to even track a correct take off or landing. So if your posting a track to show a problem make it airspawn and not longer than 1-3 minutes showing the problem directly. Nobody needs to watch you taking off or doing a correct cold start to show a slewing problem.

if you do i am sure a lot more people are willing to look at your problem.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DTS_Maton said:

i think i  closed in a bit on the problems 

after creating the target point in which slewing works just fine switch to IR missile fire away 

undesginate target with nose wheel steering and then trying to desginate a second target point the slewing is screwed

undesginate and lock several times does not fix it but switching to LST temporaly does 

after this slewing is back to normal so that would be Sensor Select Aft 

TL;DR:

I'm not 100% sure (as your video doesn't have any commentary as to what and when you are doing stuff) but it looks like you are slewing in INS mode after firing the 1st IRMV but eventually manage to cycle back to DMT-TV mode.

Detail:

Spoiler

Initial shot

2 MAV uncage DMT-TV mode, Capture.jpg

4 IRMV Lock but out of range.jpg

5 Mav Fire switches to INS slew (DMT follows INS slews) Capture.jpg

Looked like you were still in INS mode (the DMT tracks the moving HSI TGT point as it's slewed North-South/East-West)

6 Still in INS slew (DMT follows TGT slews), Capture.jpg

Undesignate, drops the INS ground target designation, it does not change modes

7 Undesignate but still in INS mode (DMT follows TGT slews), Capture.jpg

... looked like you eventually cycled through the modes and end up in DMT-TV

8 Back in DMT-TV mode, Capture.jpg

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

but it is normal that the slewing diamond is in oposite directions? in INS mode

7 hours ago, Wisky said:

i am not gonna watch 15 minutes of video for a 10 second problem and that is going to be the same for any dev.

please make sure to cut out parts that are not related to the issue.

the same goes for your track and why it is corrupted. A track is merely a record of your inputs. But there are random factors in flight that will make it very hard to even track a correct take off or landing. So if your posting a track to show a problem make it airspawn and not longer than 1-3 minutes showing the problem directly. Nobody needs to watch you taking off or doing a correct cold start to show a slewing problem.

if you do i am sure a lot more people are willing to look at your problem.

it,s a multi player recording so i was not sure if this was related to that

as for a 15 minute video you can fast forward! but i will take your advice and try to do better! 👍

Edited by DTS_Maton

9 hours ago, DTS_Maton said:

... is [it] normal that the slewing diamond is in opposite directions? in INS mode

AFAIK DMT-TV TDC slews look correct, while INS slews look broken or WIP ?

It's possible for the INS East/West slew direction to differ from DMT-TV i.e. if INS was to slew using the EHSD 'north up' as a reference frame or DMT-TV pitch up/down switched to slew north/south but that's not what is happening in DCS Open Beta 2.7.9.17830, where both lateral and vertical slews are inverted and don't appear take heading into account.

I think Razbam need proper SME feedback to confirm RL behaviour.

Al Maktoum International with targets

Air spawns x2 with AGM-65F*2, GBU-38*4, Gun, AIM-9M, AGM-122, 81% fuel (6285 lbs)

Test DMT TDC slew control/directions for :

DMT-TV
- TDC Left slews Left, TDC Right slews Right
- TDC Up/Forward slews UP, TDC Aft slews Down

DMT-INS
- TDC Left slews Right, TDC Right slews Left 
- TDC Aft slews UP, TDC Up/Forward slews Down

EHSD - North up - as INS above
EHSD - Track up (default) - as INS above

Tested flying South to North and North to South 

Tested DCS Open Beta 2.7.9.17830

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Hey,
It seems you are using the wrong HOTAS mode. When using the DMT, be sure to be in TV HOTAS mode (SSaft once or twice if you cycle through the LST)

And yes the slewing of the waypoints in the data page is broken, that should be fixed soon.

Edited by AlphaJuliet
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1