Stuttering with Low GPU and CPU frametime, cleared when Alt-Tab to another app.

CypherBlue

Hello I have really been dialing in my settings this weekend. I get great frame time all around but I will get these red and yellow frame times randomly, I have set my preload radius to half (~70k) PD is 1.4, Steam VR is at 100% Global and App. I am attaching a screenshot of what it looks like and you see it turn green when I alt tab out and come back in.

Screenshot 2021-12-26 185330.jpg

It happens randomly and usually I can alt tab out and it is cleared.

I am running a 3080FE, Reverb G1, i9-12900k, 48GB of RAM at 3200mhz, Samsung 980 PRO 1TB with PCIE4.0 at 7k Read/5K Write speeds

I have disabled full screen optimizations on the launcher for DCS. I am using the openVR mod to enable NIS. Re-BAR is enabled for the sim. 

This occurs on MP and SP sessions. 

This issue is frustrating and I can't seem to find what is causing it. @BIGNEWY, @NineLinehave you all encountered these issues? Is there more information I can provide to isolate the issue? 

• Like 2

glad you posted, i have this same issue.

My latency goes from the teens, to like 30-40+ ms , i start dropping frames like crazy: per fpsvr. I have to alt-tab for a bit then it settles down. since this new patch its horrible.

I'm running a 8700k @4.7 with 32gb ram, 3080.

| 8700k @4.9 | Gigabyte Gaming 7 | 32gb Tridentz @3000 | EVGA 1080 TI SC2 | CV1 | VKB MCG PRO

[sigpic]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FeLGqKyJ3K08k3z-7XaegWgRuGRGkKUs/view?usp=sharing[/sigpic]

perhaps your trouble is in the P.D. param. , with reverb G1, that has a pretty good resolution try to put P.D. in 1.0, it must solve that spikes with no bad visuals.

Intel i9 10850k - MSI Tomahawk 490z - 64 GB DDR4 3000 - HP Reverb G2 - MSI optix Mag321curv 4k monitor - MSI RTX 3080ti - Winwing Orion Throttle base plus F18 stick

2 hours ago, firefox121 said:

perhaps your trouble is in the P.D. param. , with reverb G1, that has a pretty good resolution try to put P.D. in 1.0, it must solve that spikes with no bad visuals.

pd in game is at 1.0, steam is at 130% , didn't have this problem before, ts only been the last few patches that this problem has arisen .

i know its bad photo,but i can only take it through the lens.

20211228_123752.jpg

| 8700k @4.9 | Gigabyte Gaming 7 | 32gb Tridentz @3000 | EVGA 1080 TI SC2 | CV1 | VKB MCG PRO

[sigpic]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FeLGqKyJ3K08k3z-7XaegWgRuGRGkKUs/view?usp=sharing[/sigpic]

23 hours ago, Fazzybear said:

Check to see if your HAGS (hardware accelerated GPU scheduling) is turned off. When on, this could cause this issue for some.  

Hope this helps

It seems to have helped a bit from initial tests, will continue to see if it fixes the issue. I have a brand new 5600x and x570 mobo sitting here since feb of 2021, just too lazy to redo everything. If it doesnt improve i guess ill be building again; hate pulling cables, reinstalling stuff.

• 3 weeks later...

The GPU throttle pattern to be recognized, as far as possible with a through the lens photo, is clearly artificial. Therefore, it could stem from a power saving "feature" as well as thermal throttling of the GPU or a CPU govenor issue. I had great success with limiting PCIe to Generation 3 on an X570 motherboard. Prior to that and a few other tweaks, like disabling CPU C3 states, DCS was a stuttering mess, unplayable.

• 5 months later...

Same issue, framerate drops and then alt-tabbing a couple of times and taking off the vr headsete and putting it back on brings fps back to normal but it's frustrating when this happens during a dogfight... I'd love to make this issue go away.