Uninstall some terrains on dedicated server

It will be nice to be able to uninstall some of the maps to save disk space. 

I only use 2-3 maps but now I am not able to upgrade my server due lack of disk space. So far every big update was a nightmare to upgrade, had to delete the map folders or make a new install, but now even this does not work. And I only use 2-3 maps, the rest are just a waste of space.

The system requirements says 100GB space, I have 120 which is not enough at all and since I am renting the server it is painful to get more space.

Thanks.

Edited by metzger

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It will be nice to be able to uninstall some of the maps to save disk space. 
I only use 2-3 maps but now I am not able to upgrade my server due lack of disk space. So far every big update was a nightmare to upgrade, had to delete the map folders or make a new install, but now even this does not work. And I only use 2-3 maps, the rest are just a waste of space.
The system requirements says 100GB space, I have 120 which is not enough at all and since I am renting the server it is painful to get more space.
Thanks.
Do you have Skatezilla's excellent updater/launcher?
With it you can update the core and remove DLCs without ever starting DCS.
Beware that it's not completely up to date regarding all the DLCs, and of course one can do it by command line as well.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Do you have Skatezilla's excellent updater/launcher?
With it you can update the core and remove DLCs without ever starting DCS.
Beware that it's not completely up to date regarding all the DLCs, and of course one can do it by command line as well.
Cheers!

Nope, no idea about it. 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

7 minutes ago, metzger said:

Nope, no idea about it. 

I don’t think Skatezilla’s app is going to resolve your issue. 

I had to move several terrains to an external hard drive and use symbolic links in order to have enough room to update my dedicated server (120 gB SSD) 

Of course my solution doesn’t help you either. You probably need a 250 gB SSD on your rental. 

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

I don’t think Skatezilla’s app is going to resolve your issue. 

I had to move several terrains to an external hard drive and use symbolic links in order to have enough room to update my dedicated server (120 gB SSD) 
Of course my solution doesn’t help you either. You probably need a 250 gB SSD on your rental. 
Yeah, you're right, I misread. Didn't notice the dedicated server part.@metzger , Dawger is correct, symbolic links or a new drive would be the solution.

Yea, Thanks guys. I will apparently have to get more space for the moment.

Regardless, this is pretty inefficient way from ED to implement it, considering how big the maps are and that more are coming it will be even worse. Therefore the wishlist request for ED remains 🙂. ED would also need to fix the system requirements, as 100GB of free space is not enough at all. May be 100 AFTER installation of dedi server.

Edited by metzger
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 12/28/2021 at 11:39 AM, metzger said:

Yea, Thanks guys. I will apparently have to get more space for the moment.

Regardless, this is pretty inefficient way from ED to implement it, considering how big the maps are and that more are coming it will be even worse. Therefore the wishlist request for ED remains 🙂. ED would also need to fix the system requirements, as 100GB of free space is not enough at all. May be 100 AFTER installation of dedi server.

You need to write this up as a bug or a feature request. 

EDsignaturefleet.jpg