Map Performance

C3PO

Performance?  Depends on everything...  Do you have the muscle to perform, or are your muscles too weak to perform?  So anyone who wants 'Performance' should have the 'Muscle'...   Just saying....    Me myself I am running a super computer, and I love the performance....   DCS isnt meant to be a discount product...   It is by all accounts a "Military Grade" Simulator...   If you want terrain performance, then you can always go to MSFS....But you need some ass for that too, or so Im told...    

• Like 2

4 hours ago, epipkin911 said:

Performance?  Depends on everything...  Do you have the muscle to perform, or are your muscles too weak to perform?  So anyone who wants 'Performance' should have the 'Muscle'...   Just saying....    Me myself I am running a super computer, and I love the performance....   DCS isnt meant to be a discount product...   It is by all accounts a "Military Grade" Simulator...   If you want terrain performance, then you can always go to MSFS....But you need some ass for that too, or so Im told...    

Pretty sure a super computer wouldn't run DCS at all. 🤭

• Like 2

On 9/4/2022 at 2:25 AM, epipkin911 said:

My rig:

* i7 9700K @ 5 GHz
* 16 Gb 3466 MHz RAM
* GeForce 1080 (NOT Ti) @ 4K res
* All settings maxed except AA options which are set to NONE.

• Like 2

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

• 2 weeks later...

On 9/4/2022 at 3:25 AM, epipkin911 said:

If you want terrain performance, then you can always go to MSFS....But you need some ass for that too, or so Im told...    

? Performance in MSFS? Are you joking ;>? And what you talk about? Performance here means how many FPS was generated by DCS engine using this 3th party map and how smooth is the picture for user. Terrain performance doesnt mean terrain quality. You got those two words confused.

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 2

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

• 1 month later...

I have just moved to a 3090TI from a 2080TI, which was the card the majority of testing for the map was performed on. I am using a Reverb G2 and I have / have no issues with performance.  RAM is also key, 16GB these days isn't a lot, I am running 128GB DDR4 atm.

In the November update you should notice some more performance tweaks.  There is a figure set out by ED for video memory usage, we are now in line with those figures so let's see what the plethora of hardware configurations make of it that are out there 🙂

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2022 at 10:24 PM, PLUTON said:

And as I said before and say it again the Fps always fall below 800 feet.
finally for my case, I don't know for other SA users😩

+1 here.

• Like 2

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

I bought the SA Map during the sale. And i can confirm the awful drop in fps below 800ft. I flew from the carrier and was on approach to Mt. Pleasant when the sim became a slideshow. 

Up to that point it was a smooth ride.

I hope they will fix this soon.

Otherwise i realy like the map.

Edited by acerus77
  • Like 3

Win7 64bit Ultimate / MSI MPOWER Z97 / i7 4790K@4,4GHz / Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E / EVGA GTX980 Superclocked ACX 2.0 / 16 GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 / Creative SB X-Fi / Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB SSD / 1TB WD Black Caviar HD / Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 1050W / Be Quiet Base 800 / TM Warthog HOTAS / TrackIR 5

3 hours ago, acerus77 said:

I bought the SA Map during the sale. And i can confirm the awful drop in fps below 800ft. I flew from the carrier and was on approach to Mt. Pleasant when the sim became a slideshow. 

Up to that point it was a smooth ride.

I hope they will fix this soon.

Otherwise i realy like the map.

Yes. I'm surprised it still hasn't been fixed. Currently, I dont use this map at all because it is so different from the others. Optimization sucks here. We don't need new content until it's finally fixed. 😪

• Like 2

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Been playing liberation 6 on SA map and performance seems better to me. Really enjoying the map and updated lighting. Performance seems fine on my end up high or down low. Granted I cap my fps at 60 so Helios runs nice and smooth. Even at that, before the Nov update I’d notice the fps changes and stutters and hiccups much more frequently. Got them a time or two on a couple flights but only for a few seconds. Its heading the right way for sure. Keep up the good work @Raz_Specter!

Intel i7 13700k, ASUS  rog strix z790A, 64gigs G.Skill Trident DDR5 @6400Mhz, Nvidia  RTX 4080FE, 2x 2TB Samsung M.2 NVME, 2x 1TB Samsung SSD,  Corsair RM1000x, Corsair h100i 240mm cooler, Lian Li LanCool 3, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate, VKB STECS , MFG Crosswinds, Track IR5, 48” LG UltraGear OLED & HP 24” touchscreen for Helios, Streamdeck XL, DCS-UFC App, Corsair Virtuoso RGB Headphones

• 5 months later...

Performance seems a bit juddery with any cities in the near distance.  Apache flying over Punta Arenas FPS was tanked down in the 40s?  Yikes.  Surprising seeing as there isn't much going on in this tiny city in terms of visuals.  Just rectangular pastel buildings.  Def needs optimizing as the Normandy 2.0 map has way more going on and runs much smoother over London which is gigantic by comparison. 

Edited by Syndrome
  • Like 4

On 5/6/2023 at 10:00 PM, Syndrome said:

Performance seems a bit juddery with any cities in the near distance.  Apache flying over Punta Arenas FPS was tanked down in the 40s?  Yikes.  Surprising seeing as there isn't much going on in this tiny city in terms of visuals.  Just rectangular pastel buildings.  Def needs optimizing as the Normandy 2.0 map has way more going on and runs much smoother over London which is gigantic by comparison. 

Yeah, we are still waiting, not cities only but forest too.

• Like 1

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

• 2 months later...

Has anyone tested the map after todays patch ? 
Did the new redesign of city blocks and tree distribution system improve perfomance over the city areas ? 
Unfortunately, I didn´t have the chance to test it myself yet...

53 minutes ago, Eugel said:

Did the new redesign of city blocks and tree distribution system improve perfomance over the city areas ? 

On my system the performance drops when looking at cities are still present after today’s patch. I can’t tell if it’s worse or the same. It’s such a bloody shame.

3080 Ti, 12700k, 64gb, Quest 2, openXr with toolkit and FFR on.

I test this with the F1 cold and dark instant action. Turn openXR toolkit FPS monitor on, load, look right (away from city), look left (towards city). Mine changes from 15-18 ms up to 28-30ms looking at the city - I’ve been unable to set up anything that causes such a bad performance drop anywhere else, even Marianas with the Apache is better than that. 

1 hour ago, Eugel said:

I flew around a bit with the free camera. Performance around Mount Pleasant seems to be better at low altitude. Performance around Ushuaia, however, is still terrible (not sure if worse than before, but certainly not better).

Edited by Minsky

Dima | My DCS uploads

10 hours ago, Minsky said:

Performance around Ushuaia, however, is still terrible (not sure if worse than before, but certainly not better).

True for my rig as well, city looks a bit different but performance is bad as hell.

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

Flew around today same TTi mission server was running yesterday, compared to yesterday, the FPS around Punta Arenas are abysmal, managed to tank my 4090 down to 22FPS in a F15SE low, yesterday it was around 40-45, up high no issues and still hitting 90.

We then took Hinds from Punta Arenas to the town again, managed to get into high teens, they certainly have optimized it, if anything its worse on the main land.

Falklands was better, Port Stanly and Mt Pleasant stayed around 60-77

12 hours ago, Eugel said:

Short answer NO, its actually worse.

I can just second that. Performance was always good, but now in a mint mission, with just one helo I am down to 15 fps (RTX 3060). Tested at Rio Grande and Ushuaia. 

Basically unflyable for me at the moment.

Modules: all, except for the Dora

My missions: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/filter/user-is-Don rudi/apply/

Primary system: i7-13700k, RTX 4080, 32 GB, Win 11, Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha with 5cm extension, Virpil CM2 throttle, Virpil Ace Interceptor pedals, Virpil Rotor TCS base + Blackshark grip, Winwing Triple MFD and ICP, 34" UWHQD screen
Acer Nitro i7-10700, RTX 3060, 64 GB, Virpiel Rotor TCS base + Blackhawk grip, Virpiel Ace Torq pedals, 34" UWHQD screen

On 7/25/2023 at 1:44 PM, Don Rudi said:

I can just second that. Performance was always good, but now in a mint mission, with just one helo I am down to 15 fps (RTX 3060). Tested at Rio Grande and Ushuaia. 

Basically unflyable for me at the moment.

btw:

I feel like it's worse than it used to be. I don't know what's broken here, but there just doesn't seem to be any optimization here. In low places you can't fly on ... RTX 4090 and i7 13900 (in VR) LOL. The map generates more load than Guam Marianas or Cairo from Sinai Map which works fine on my hardware. I don't regret buying the map, but they should do something about it finally. How long do we have to wait for this :(.

After all, now Sinai was out, which works great, and here we have almost empty areas compared to other maps, and a gratis slide show. Pity.

Maybe they should give some option in Special TAB - use FPS friendly buildings and trees (with simplified model with a small number of triangles) if they can't find the reason for so much load on this map, I dont know.

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 2

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

I just took a Strike Eagle down low flying over a small village and I got 16 fps - less than half of what I usually get on other maps while flying over cities at low altitude.

• Like 1
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

27 minutes ago, Raven (Elysian Angel) said:

I just took a Strike Eagle down low flying over a small village and I got 16 fps - less than half of what I usually get on other maps while flying over cities at low altitude.

How is the developer going to look at this issue? You don't even tell either the map coordinates or the town name, this post is not helpful at all. 😐

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

56 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

How is the developer going to look at this issue? You don't even tell either the map coordinates or the town name, this post is not helpful at all. 😐

Huh? Did you see me ping any developer? This is a thread where users talk about the performance on the SA map, especially now since last update. It is meant for other users who want to share/compare their experiences.

So in that respect my post was a lot more useful than yours 🤷‍♀️

• Like 2
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset