TPR Pedals now hyper sensitive?

Eisprinzessin

I am experiencing the same sensitivity issue. I also paused flying the Viggen a bit and just recently came back to it. Not 100% sure if it was always like this but I would also say that this is something that came up in the last patch.

I can rule out that it is something related to the input signal of my rudder pedals. I checked in the axis config and everything looks normal (no hard-overs at small pedal deflections or something like this). I made a short Video which demonstrated the issue in flight (see attached).
At the beginning of the video I am just giving a very small ruder input and the nose is already all over the place. At the end I briefly apply full rudder. Watch the rudder pedals in the cockpit to get a feel for how much rudder I applied initially vs. what a full rudder deflection looks like. Since the pedals in the cockpit reflect "what DCS sees" I again, can rule out an issue with my rudder pedals. It seems to be related to the flight model. I have no issues like this with other modules.

I tried with and without SPAK, different loadouts, fuel states and airspeeds. All lead to a similar result.

Off course I can work around the issue by applying a ton of curvature but I don't really think this is the way this should be modelled. Unless the Viggen had a REALLY sensitive rudder. The video was recorded with 0 curvature by the way.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 3/3/2022 at 1:16 PM, -Nimrod- said:

I am experiencing the same sensitivity issue. I also paused flying the Viggen a bit and just recently came back to it. Not 100% sure if it was always like this but I would also say that this is something that came up in the last patch.

I can rule out that it is something related to the input signal of my rudder pedals. I checked in the axis config and everything looks normal (no hard-overs at small pedal deflections or something like this). I made a short Video which demonstrated the issue in flight (see attached).
At the beginning of the video I am just giving a very small ruder input and the nose is already all over the place. At the end I briefly apply full rudder. Watch the rudder pedals in the cockpit to get a feel for how much rudder I applied initially vs. what a full rudder deflection looks like. Since the pedals in the cockpit reflect "what DCS sees" I again, can rule out an issue with my rudder pedals. It seems to be related to the flight model. I have no issues like this with other modules.

I tried with and without SPAK, different loadouts, fuel states and airspeeds. All lead to a similar result.

Off course I can work around the issue by applying a ton of curvature but I don't really think this is the way this should be modelled. Unless the Viggen had a REALLY sensitive rudder. The video was recorded with 0 curvature by the way.

I see what you're talking about.  I can reproduce that behavior.  If you turn off SPAK, it is a damped oscillation like a Dutch roll.  If you turn on SPAK, the SAS applies a strong, momentary opposite rudder to damp the yaw rate (maybe also the sideslip) but that introduces a pretty strong opposing roll moment.  By the time the roll rate damps (unsure if natural or SAS) it has rolled between 60-90 degrees.  I don't know if this is true to the real design or intended behavior.

AJS37_rudder_yaw_damping.trk

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

• 4 months later...