Mission 9 : AGM65D laser guided by JTAC ?!

Falken2

I don't understand how I have to collaborate with JTAC with AGM65D Missiles.

The JTAC officer gives me coordinate which I don't understand, then gives me a laser code (1688, as usual). He could lase and guide a GBU, right ? But can he really lase and guide a AGM65D ? I can't find any information about that. AGM65D Missiles have their own heat-seeker guidance system, right ?  So I guess I just have to take account of the coordinates he gives me (once I understand them).

Jtac can lase for you when you use Laser guided mavericks, like the Agm65k or other variants.

The procedure is different, not too much though, that when you use your TPOD to self lase. So basically, instead of finding a target in your TPOD and lasing, when a Jtac or other aircraft is involved you just need to look towards the rough area of the target, and uncage your maverick, if the laser is in the correct freq (the one your maverick is tuned to) and looking to the approximate direction of the laser, it will find it, you will get all the normal simbology and you will be able to shoot.

Additionally to this, your TPOD is a great tool to find lasers from Jtac, there is a mode called LSS (laser spot tracker) that basically executes a search pattern around the area where you are looking with your TPOD. Cant remember how to activate it in the F16 (is the uncage button in the F18).

The coordinates that you don't understand are probably in MGRS format, for which you cannot input it in your F16, but you can directly use them in the A10 or F18.

Enviado desde mi ELE-L29 mediante Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...