Map gain decreased range

Sharkku

As of last open beta 2.7.9.16830 the gain of the moving background map can no longer be adjusted down to a sufficiently low level so the symbols are well visible in VR (Valve Index). This worked perfectly before, why even touch it??? When there are tons of bugs that get bumped way down the list! Please change back immediately!

map gain.trk

• Like 3

By the way, the GAIN rocker switch does not function if it's the first switch to be pressed after loading, as can also be seen in the .trk. It's been like this since before last update though, and I can live with it. It works if you click something else before it.

• Like 1

I don’t know if it is related, but also the day/night rocker on the AMPCD seems to work the wrong way round. Selecting day dims the display, night makes it brighter. 

The lost gain control makes the map pretty much useless. 

• Like 1

Rock 'n' Roll!

Henning

4 hours ago, Dustoff74 said:

I don’t know if it is related, but also the day/night rocker on the AMPCD seems to work the wrong way round. Selecting day dims the display, night makes it brighter. 

That may be related to the automatic contrast control. In DAY mode, contrast control is automatic. In NITE mode, contrast control is manual.

Automatic brightness is always engaged when the map is displayed.

Edited by Tholozor
  • Like 1

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

14 hours ago, Tholozor said:

That may be related to the automatic contrast control. In DAY mode, contrast control is automatic. In NITE mode, contrast control is manual.

Automatic brightness is always engaged when the map is displayed.

And I think that the contrast-rocker in night-mode is upside down. It seems like up decreases contrast and down increases contrast...
But in any case, I turn the map off nowadays. Such a shame.

• ED Team

I have made a report and asked the team to check the gain levels and the behaviour of the day / night rocker. 

thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Hi 

the behaviour is correct. 

This is a feature of the AMPСD behaviour if the map is enabled on the SA and HSI pages. If you turn off the map or switch AMPСD to another page, then everything will work as you expect. But if the map is turned on, then the auto contrast and auto brightness logic starts working.

Thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On 12/27/2022 at 4:59 AM, BIGNEWY said:

Hi 

the behaviour is correct. 

This is a feature of the AMPСD behaviour if the map is enabled on the SA and HSI pages. If you turn off the map or switch AMPСD to another page, then everything will work as you expect. But if the map is turned on, then the auto contrast and auto brightness logic starts working.

Thank you

Would this be the same for the monochrome map if enabled on the DDIs?