Super 530D port to the new API

myHelljumper

Hey guys,

In the last OB update (2.7.9.17830 - 23/12/2021) we updated the Super 530D missile among other things.

We have prepared a document that explains the changes made to the missile and sources them when possible.

S530D port to the new API

The missile is not final yet and might still require some changes to the guidance laws in order to make full use of the new missile API.

Thanks for your support and patience.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 7

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

This is a great document. Lots of cool information and a great look at the process. Particularly please with this change 

The new radar model used on the 2000C simulates the possible loss of target when chaffs
and radar deception maneuvers are used. This replaces the missile's countermeasures
sensitivity, defined by the ccm_k variable. As such, the ccm_k value was set to 0.1 to
simulate the rare occurrence of onboard sensor discrimination failure. Most of the
radar/missile guidance failures are now handled at the radar, instead of missile level.

That's really great for DCS and I'm looking forward to when all modules use this modelling. 

Will there be a similar update / change for the MAGIC II? Or is this API not relevant to Fox-2s? Thanks for the update! 

33 minutes ago, gnomechild said:

This is a great document. Lots of cool information and a great look at the process.

Thanks. 🙂

37 minutes ago, gnomechild said:

Will there be a similar update / change for the MAGIC II? Or is this API not relevant to Fox-2s? Thanks for the update! 

As far as I am aware, the new missile API only works for Fox 1s and 3s, as well as a few other specialized missile types (HARM, Scud, etc). I searched for quite some time for an ED-made Fox 2 using the new API while I was working on the Super, but wasn't able to locate one. If there is one, it is hidden somewhere where I can't access it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Excellent work

1 hour ago, LetMePickThat said:

Thanks. 🙂

As far as I am aware, the new missile API only works for Fox 1s and 3s, as well as a few other specialized missile types (HARM, Scud, etc). I searched for quite some time for an ED-made Fox 2 using the new API while I was working on the Super, but wasn't able to locate one. If there is one, it is hidden somewhere where I can't access it.

The features for IR missiles have not been built yet only radar missiles and a few other specialty missiles such as the SCUD and HARM.

Nice, thank you!

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset