A-10C II not enough thrust after latest OB patch

St4rgun
Go to solution Solved by St4rgun,

After the latest patch I am not able to take off with an A-10C II in neither instant acition "take off" missions (Caucasus, Nevada).

The thrust seems to be much lower than my wingmen's, my aircraft crawls instead of accelerating properly, so it is unable to reach take off speed before the end of the runway. I double checked my wheel brakes and other configurations.

Never experienced such phenomenon before.

What am I doing wrong?

• PC: 10700K | Gigabyte Z490 | Palit 3090 GamingPro | 32GB | Win10
  • HMD: HP Reverb G2 | OpenXR @ 120% | OpenXR Toolkit: exposure, brightness, saturation | DCS 2.9: DLAA with Sharpening 0.5 (no upscaling)
  • Controllers: VKB Gunfighter MkIII base & 200 mm curved extension center mounted + TM F16 Grip / MCG Pro Grip | TM TFRP

Started to investigate. It's surely rudder related, I'm using TFRP.

It seems, that in DCS the brakes are half pressed initially, and if I want to configure my controls the axes reflects this. the total movement is sensed only in half.

Interestingly if I delete the axis assignment then I CAN'T assign the brake axes again, because DCS can't recognize the pedal press... Strange.

Meanwhile I tested it with F-16, the same problem. Can be windows calibration related, or TFRP calibration issue. Digging now.

• HMD: HP Reverb G2 | OpenXR @ 120% | OpenXR Toolkit: exposure, brightness, saturation | DCS 2.9: DLAA with Sharpening 0.5 (no upscaling)
  • Controllers: VKB Gunfighter MkIII base & 200 mm curved extension center mounted + TM F16 Grip / MCG Pro Grip | TM TFRP

Double checked Windows 10 joystick calibration and TFRP own calibration tool. The rudder brakes are working properly.

In DCS when in the main menu trying to configure controls can't attach any toe brake axis to ANY airplane because the axis command don't recognize the pedal push. If I attach manually by selecting it from the list then it woks, but controller starts from half the range.

I'm pretty sure that this NEVER happened before the last OB patch. Shall I try some repair in DCS?

Weird, someone posted the EXACT same problem years ago: 

• Solution

Managed to solve the issue, it was Win10 - TFRP driver related, not connected to the OB update.

Anybody who experience the same with any Thrustmaster rudder, this is the solution:

• remove Thrustmaster driver
  • uninstall device from Windows, then disconnect
  • re-connect device, Win10 installs default driver
  • WIN+R, then type in "joy.cpl" -> goes directly to game controllers, select the rudder -> properties, reset to defaults
  • DO NOT CALIBRATE!
  • now re-install Thrustmaster drivers, and check out the properties again
  • the device should auto calibrate itelf upon a slight movement of toe brakes or rudder axis
  • this auto calibration is done in DCS also at program start upon moving the pedals

Thanks for the help!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2