Viacom problem...(Works in Voice Attack Window/Doesn't work in DCS)

jasonbirder

As in thread title...

My Viacom works fine when I "test" with just VA open...but won't work once i've loaded DCS and joined a Mission

It seems like its an issue with "Listening" as when I test before entering DCS if I use the Mic/PTT key I hear a squelch and it "listens" to my voice command...whereas when I am in DCS its silent and appears to instantly Listen/Listen suspend when I use the Mic/PTT key

Just to clarify - it doesn't appear to be a problem with my PTT bindings - all operate correctly and can be seen to operate in the Viacom control console PTT window (those I have bound anyway TX1, TX2 and TX3

Airbag_signatur.png

This is the same bug that popped up as "Listening Suspended" before...but I can confirm I haven't got the DiCE mod (or indeed any other substantive mods - just skins/range objects etc)

I've also tried the VOIP slider in different modes and it has no effect - does anyone have any clues?

Airbag_signatur.png

This is the same bug that popped up as "Listening Suspended" before...but I can confirm I haven't got the DiCE mod (or indeed any other substantive mods - just skins/range objects etc)

I've also tried the VOIP slider in different modes and it has no effect - does anyone have any clues?

I've doscovered that the "Listening Suspended" Bug only occurs on Cold Starts.

I tried a "Hot Start" Instant action and the PTT buttons and Viacom Commands function as expected.

Airbag_signatur.png

Same here. Thought it was just me. 

On 12/28/2021 at 10:06 AM, Whistler_RIO said:

Now that im seeing that the new DCS Voice-chat feature is deployed to latest open-beta, im betting this is a new bug on DCS side (which will require Hollywood to fix on his end) and since Vaicom insists on only updating for stable-release , this could be an issue for months. 😕

God I hope not. 

On 12/28/2021 at 9:01 AM, jasonbirder said:

I've doscovered that the "Listening Suspended" Bug only occurs on Cold Starts.

I tried a "Hot Start" Instant action and the PTT buttons and Viacom Commands function as expected.

Actually the opposite for me. All of our aircraft are cold starts and the one that it seems to mostly affected is the heuy. Works one time is 10 and when it does there's a 60 second or more delay. 

Edited by Wood

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 12/28/2021 at 5:06 PM, Whistler_RIO said:

Now that im seeing that the new DCS Voice-chat feature is deployed to latest open-beta, im betting this is a new bug on DCS side (which will require Hollywood to fix on his end) and since Vaicom insists on only updating for stable-release , this could be an issue for months. 😕

In this case here's the good news, the stable update is already here.

• Like 1