Data link for F16

Synical80

Today I played on a multiplayer server. I could not get my data link to work I am learning the f16. I did an auto start and a friend of mine walked me through what should be on for data link. His was working but mine would not. Everything showed up on radar as white squares and nothing showed enemy or friend. Also nothing showed up on MSD. Is there an option I don’t have on is this why it’s not working?

3 hours ago, Synical80 said:

Ok the switch was on how do I verify the alignment. Should it have not been correct since I did an auto start?

If you armed your plane during the alignement and the plane was shaken it would mess up the alignement, or if the plane moved a tiny bit it will mess up the alignement.

• ED Team
2 hours ago, Csgo GE oh yeah said:

And i think you also have to flip the "DL" (datalink) switch to on.

The DL and MAP switches on the avionics panel aren't functional in the DCS F-16. According to the manual, it is for older versions of the F-16. I would assume that it is for the older IDM. But since this F-16 has an LVT terminal for Link16, the IDM might not be installed.

The only things you need for functional Link16 in the DCS F16 is a properly aligned INS in Nav position and the LVT knob On.

• Like 1

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head