Coordinate on map F10 are not so "precise"

Slider78

Hi,

i noticed that coordinates showed on map during mission not working very well ... in my case i got coords (precise decimal format) from map pointing on south beach of Rota Island, but when i used theese to create WP and pointing at it with TGP i was looking more or less 200/300 feet west from the point i got on map.

I was flying with F-18, but i saw that other people flying with me with other modules have the same issue.

Thanks

37 minutes ago, Slider78 said:

Hi,

i noticed that coordinates showed on map during mission not working very well ... in my case i got coords (precise decimal format) from map pointing on south beach of Rota Island, but when i used theese to create WP and pointing at it with TGP i was looking more or less 200/300 feet west from the point i got on map.

I was flying with F-18, but i saw that other people flying with me with other modules have the same issue.

Thanks

A couple of questions:

1. Do you have a track available?
  2. What was the data in the mission editor? And was unrestricted SATNAV available (I can't remember the exact year, but it's in the 90s IIRC, the Hornet won't have GPS available, only INS, which drifts over time, unless unrestricted SATNAV is checked)?

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Sorry, at the moment i havent track about this, and about mission i guess yes SATNAV is checked but i'm not the creator of that mission.

I can say that coords on Guam worked well, this could be confirmed by this post https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/286098-new-islands-offset-to-map-position/#comment-4815433 showing the same issue i got on new islands added to the map.