The Uneventful Purchase

t_hedlund

Ok, so I have been shopping for a new HOTAS for several months and I was actually leaning toward another brand, but the more that I looked at Winwing, and how theirs replicated the F/A-18 controller, I decided to take the plunge and went with the Orion stick and throttle. Please note that I intend to use this for all the DCS planes and Helo, not just the Hornet. 

Ordering and Shipping-No drama in ordering it and with shipping, it was set to arrive on the estimated date. I wasn't going to be home to sign for it, so I had it delivered to the Fedex store and picked it up the next day. 

Assemble-Once home, the assemble was pretty straight forward. The pin that connects the left and right throttle is a little confusing to install and the manual wasn't as clear as I like, so I did find a youtube video filled in the gap. 

Flying-It feels so good to fly with, it is so solid and the throttle response it amazing, and the AB dent is very nice feature. I have a little concern of the wires that go from the throttle grip to the base, but it is supposed be pretty tough. Time will tell..

SimAppPro-This software is awesome, being a Mfg Eng, to have the data as to how the computer is seeing input in real time, and I haven't noticed any frame rate drops while running. 

Now, I haven't had to deal with their customer support, and no offense to them, I hope that I don't ever have to. 

So many people are so quick to complain about products, from my experience Winwing did it right......Thank you!  

• Like 2

www.tomhedlund.com

Modules: A-10C, A-10CII. F-16, AV8B, F-5E, F-14, F/A-18C, P-51, BF-109, F-86, FC3, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mig-15, Mig-21, YAK-52, L-39.

Maps: NTTR, PG, Normandy. Syria...

Others: Super Carrier, WWII Asset Pack

49 minutes ago, t_hedlund said:

Assemble-Once home, the assemble was pretty straight forward. The pin that connects the left and right throttle is a little confusing to install and the manual wasn't as clear as I like, so I did find a youtube video filled in the gap. 

Ya, it's not obvious from the directions that you need to unscrew the pin handle to put the pin through the hole in the plate 🤔.  I can recommend getting the after market plates that turn the handles to a more left back/right forward positioning.  Enjoy! 

• 3 weeks later...