Flickering Coulds

masonator

Whenever I enable clouds, the clouds themselves flicker. What's up with that? I see from searches that it happened in LOMAC as well, but it seems only with NVidia SLi setups. Here's my setup:

Asus P5B Deluxe board

ATI Radeon 4870 X2 video card (Catalyst 8.10)

Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 chip

Anybody?

Mason

Edited by masonator
to include driver number

• 1 month later...
I get that problem after doing post stall maneuvers. I'm also getting it on black shark, it may be my pc.

STILL BLACK SHARK ROCKS!

Hi I found this on other site! (related to blackshark)

Config/graphics.cfg

it is near and middle clip, change

to this values, usually does the trick.

near_clip = 0.1;

middle_clip = 1;

I have GeForce 8800 GTX

It worked fore me.

Bestregards:MKC

• 2 months later...

Just for FYI I have a 4870 X2 on 9.3s and if I disable one of the GPUs(Disable catalyst AI) the cloud flickering goes away and there doesn't appear to be a performance hit. I thought I read this somewhere but I can't find it. BTW I tried all the other fixes and they don't work for my X2. Only disabling one GPU works.

AMD 965BE at 3.8 Ghz

Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P

Crossfire XFX 5870XXX

8 gigs of Crucial DDR3

Corsair 850HX

Windows 7

BS doesn't support multi GPU, it also doesn't support dual or QuadCore CPU . We are in the year 2009:music_whistling:

And becouse its a not so long ago released game there are several bugs in it that ED is going to solve. Hopefully they sort it out soon becouse i know alot people that already refuse to play this sim any longer and throwed it of theyr machine! Sorry for being off Topic abit