HAD/HTS without HARMs

Viking 1-1

Hey guys,

I started playing around with the HTS recently and tried different loadouts 

One idea was to use the HTS as a reconnaissance tool and kill the SAM with CBU 105.

Now I had the following issue:

I started my HAD and saw the emitters. I was also able to select different ones, bit they would not "lock" to the target so I could see the coordinates or slew the TPod to that position. I do know that there is no handoff to the harm when I have none, but can't I lock a target on HAD without HARMs to attack it in an other way?

Before you call everything a "bug": RTFM & try again! Thank you. :music_whistling:

I9-9900k, 32 GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, 128 GB M2 SSD, 1 TB SSD, Track IR, Warthog Hotas

12 hours ago, Viking 1-1 said:

Hey guys,

I started playing around with the HTS recently and tried different loadouts 

One idea was to use the HTS as a reconnaissance tool and kill the SAM with CBU 105.

Now I had the following issue:

I started my HAD and saw the emitters. I was also able to select different ones, bit they would not "lock" to the target so I could see the coordinates or slew the TPod to that position. I do know that there is no handoff to the harm when I have none, but can't I lock a target on HAD without HARMs to attack it in an other way?

HTS is not bound to harm.  So, I have tried this earlier today, i had 2 agm65G + HTS, TGP. It all worked fine for me, target designate as usual in HAD page, TGP slew right over as the active SPI. From there i have created  a TGP markpoint, and unleashed the lovely Golf.