Black Shark Hardware

mac22

I am just about to upgrade my system and am looking for some suggestion about what is going to give me the best performance (highest frame rates in games like Black Shark/lock on/Flight Sim X, the games I play the most)

I was thinkin of a system with the new intel i7 processor, nvidia 280 with 1gb or x2 260's in sli, windows vista 64bit and 4 or 6 gb memory.

Has anyone tried to run a similiar system and did it give any issues with black shark/lock on?(i know vista 64 doesnt seem to work with everything)...........

It will be a great sys. whin they update the game to suport all that.:D BS is curintl only using 1 core so more Mh the better. and I am finding that BS is only utalsing 400mb of ram at any given time. As for Vista I cant say. and the VC shuld do great. Dut I would sujest going with a ATI 4870.

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

Unless your playing lots of FPS's there is not much benifit in going dual GPU setups, specialy if you have a strong CPU.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Ok thanks for the advice

ok i think i will go with a non sli setup then.......do u think a 1gb 4870 ATI will give better frames per second than a 1gb nvidia 280 on black shark and lock on?(I have heard it is only worth sli these cards if u are playing on a massive monitor with a resolution 1600x or above is this correct?)

does anyone know if vista 64 bit will run black shark and lock on without any problem?

Radeon is the way, shark engine likes radeon's ;)

I have core duo 8400 (3,0ghz)

Radeon 4850

4G ddr800mhz

xp 32bit

Asus 24" tft

Runing 1920x1080 all high except water normal,visiblity medium, no civ traffic, no mirros

FPS:

Minimun 21fps (over city)

Avarage 32fps (near ground combat)

Maximum about70fps ( max refresh rate for my display, v-sync forced on)

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Radeon is the way, shark engine likes radeon's ;)

You might want to let your Radeon know that then, because I am averaging 40 fps with a slower CPU and a 8800 GTS 640 Mb. (Q6600 2.4 Ghz). :) My settings and resolution are basically the same as yours except I have civilian traffic "on".

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

Ok thanks for the advice

ok i think i will go with a non sli setup then.......do u think a 1gb 4870 ATI will give better frames per second than a 1gb nvidia 280 on black shark and lock on?(I have heard it is only worth sli these cards if u are playing on a massive monitor with a resolution 1600x or above is this correct?)

does anyone know if vista 64 bit will run black shark and lock on without any problem?

I run on Vista Ultimate x64, pretty much no probs. You do benefit somewhat from SLI if you run higher rez and like AA and AF. Probably not worth it if you play a lot of LOMAC and BS but its amazing for other games. If you dont have a 22"+ screen or do not intend on multiple displays just go single card.

2-280's blow away any ATI product, even 2 of their dual chip cards...with the new Intel boards its your choice Crossfire or SLI but be careful Nvidia only liscensed it for certain boards so even if certain motherboards have the slots they may not be compatible. DO your homework.

For your memory the new i7 boards utilise 3 chanel DDR 3 that means 2 pairs of 3. So even though you may not need 6 gigs it's the best route to go performance wise. 3 gigs is just a little to low for 64 bit Vista and if your going to only use 3 gigs then just go with 32 bit.

Also do not skimp on the power supply there is a utility on the Nvidia website in the SLI section to help you select the proper one. I can't stress this enough.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

Yes dont skimp on the PS. I was going to go with a 600w. But the 850w I got will last thrue any up grade I make for the next 5 years. well mabe 3 who knows:music_whistling:

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

I wanna try an build something that will really play this thing.

I was thinkin of going for a 30" samsung LCD which runs at 2560 x 1600

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001098

CPU: E8600 Wolfdale 3.33GHz ???? I'm hearing I won't gain much with quad cores on DCS.

GPU: here I'm way out of date, but don't mind spending money if I need be to get decent FPS on that monitor (am I crazy to get such a big one?)

Can I get away with one GTX 280 or 4870 X2? which would be the best bet?

I'll load vista ultimate x64.

I been reading lots of posts but would really love some input.

E8600 Asus P5E Radeon 4870x2 Corsair 4gb Velociraptor 300gb Neopower 650 NZXT Tempest Vista64 Samsung 30" 2560x1600

I wanna try an build something that will really play this thing.

I was thinkin of going for a 30" samsung LCD which runs at 2560 x 1600

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001098

CPU: E8600 Wolfdale 3.33GHz ???? I'm hearing I won't gain much with quad cores on DCS.

GPU: here I'm way out of date, but don't mind spending money if I need be to get decent FPS on that monitor (am I crazy to get such a big one?)

Can I get away with one GTX 280 or 4870 X2? which would be the best bet?

I'll load vista ultimate x64.

I been reading lots of posts but would really love some input.

I have a E8600 OC @ 4200MHz and a 280GTX.

Here is my benchmark and conclusion with BS:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=581001&postcount=22

I would go for a GTX280. Better driver support. And you can undervolt the card so that it is really silent and colder. I undervolted mine in the BIOS from 1.18V to 1.03V and even overclocked it at the same time.

I have a E8600 OC @ 4200MHz and a 280GTX.

Here is my benchmark and conclusion with BS:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=581001&postcount=22

I would go for a GTX280. Better driver support. And you can undervolt the card so that it is really silent and colder. I undervolted mine in the BIOS from 1.18V to 1.03V and even overclocked it at the same time.

TY for reply, sir.

Would be nice to be able to go quiet.

4870 X2 is two GPUs (on one card)? But would DCS use both?

GTX280 single gpu?

forgive my ignorance. I need to get up to speed.

My last build was pre sli/crossfire options.

You think a single gtx280 would run DCS on a 30" samsung LCD at 2560 x 1600? Or am i crazy?

also would love some M/B suggestions for E8600 Wolfdale 3.33GHz

Edited by uhoh7

E8600 Asus P5E Radeon 4870x2 Corsair 4gb Velociraptor 300gb Neopower 650 NZXT Tempest Vista64 Samsung 30" 2560x1600

TY for reply, sir.

Would be nice to be able to go quiet.

4870 X2 is two GPUs (on one card)? But would DCS use both?

GTX280 single gpu?

forgive my ignorance. I need to get up to speed.

My last build was pre sli/crossfire options.

You think a single gtx280 would run DCS on a 30" samsung LCD at 2560 x 1600? Or am i crazy?

also would love some M/B suggestions for E8600 Wolfdale 3.33GHz

At that high of resolution you would benefit from any dual GPU setup.

I got this from tomshardware.com, been using it as a refrence for 10+ years..

I do have some misgivings with ATI as I've had 3 of their products over the years and have always had terrible driver support. 2 of 3 of their cards I've owned ended up with bad video memory after a few months and had to be replaced..

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Best PCIe Card For Over $350:

Good 2560x1600 performance in most games, some with lowered detail

In this author’s opinion, with exponentially increasing prices over $350 offering smaller and smaller performance increases, we have a hard time recommending anything more expensive than two Radeon HD 4850s. While the 4870, GTX 260 and GTX 280 perform impressively in multiple card configurations, there’s just not enough of a gain compared to two 4850s in Crossfire mode, unless you’re playing at resolutions beyond 1920x1200.

Then again, while we often recommend against purchasing any graphics card more than $350 from a value point of view, there are those of you to whom money might not be much of an object, who can afford a 30” LCD monitor

grey_loader.gif

, and who require the best possible performance money can buy. For those of you, we recommend the Radeon HD 4870 X2, the fastest video card on the planet:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

You can't go wrong with either 2 of the 4850's or 2 280's

You'll need a big PSU.

The thing is with dual GPU(or quad) is you will become CPU limited because it will not be able to process fast enough to keep these cards loaded up. You need a minimal of an x6800 extreme to feed these things the E8600 should be ok for this.

On NewEgg you can get a quad core 9550 for $319.00 and the E8600 is $269.00 personally I'd go for the quadcore. Eventually the DCS engine will be upgraded to take advantage of multicore processors any way.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

At that high of resolution you would benefit from any dual GPU setup.

I got this from tomshardware.com, been using it as a refrence for 10+ years..

I do have some misgivings with ATI as I've had 3 of their products over the years and have always had terrible driver support. 2 of 3 of their cards I've owned ended up with bad video memory after a few months and had to be replaced..

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Best PCIe Card For Over $350:

Good 2560x1600 performance in most games, some with lowered detail

In this author’s opinion, with exponentially increasing prices over $350 offering smaller and smaller performance increases, we have a hard time recommending anything more expensive than two Radeon HD 4850s. While the 4870, GTX 260 and GTX 280 perform impressively in multiple card configurations, there’s just not enough of a gain compared to two 4850s in Crossfire mode, unless you’re playing at resolutions beyond 1920x1200.

Then again, while we often recommend against purchasing any graphics card more than $350 from a value point of view, there are those of you to whom money might not be much of an object, who can afford a 30” LCD monitor

grey_loader.gif

, and who require the best possible performance money can buy. For those of you, we recommend the Radeon HD 4870 X2, the fastest video card on the planet:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

You can't go wrong with either 2 of the 4850's or 2 280's

You'll need a big PSU.

The thing is with dual GPU(or quad) is you will become CPU limited because it will not be able to process fast enough to keep these cards loaded up. You need a minimal of an x6800 extreme to feed these things the E8600 should be ok for this.

On NewEgg you can get a quad core 9550 for $319.00 and the E8600 is $269.00 personally I'd go for the quadcore. Eventually the DCS engine will be upgraded to take advantage of multicore processors any way.

TY for excellent reply.

The thing is the 9550 is 2.83GHz, while E8600 Wolfdale is 3.33GHz, and from what I'm reading here, 2 cores is good, and GHZ makes a big diff. So i figured go with the fastest dual core, use x64 vista and the affinity thing.

Please correct me if I have that wrong.

Considering how long it took to get the sim, I'm not expecting quad core support for quite awhile--but maybe I'm mistaken.

all input greatly appreciated.

BTW 4870 X2 again I'm hearing this is the thing if I want hi rez on big screen, but wondering if DCS really uses both GPUs?

489 at newegg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102768

Edited by uhoh7

I've got:

Core2Duo E8500

4Gigs of PC8500 Ram

ATI radeon 4870X2 video card

Asus P5BDeluxe mainboard

I run everything absolutely max at 1680x1050 with 4xAA and 4xAF, and never get below 22fps.

The new i7 chipset is supposed to be pretty good as well.

I've got:

CoreDuo E8500

4Gb of kingston ram

GTX260 core216

nforce 750i mobo

I get the same results as masonator, 1680x1050 with 8xAA and 8xAF, rarely dip below 20fps (cities are the fps killer) and have 3 mods running. (HDR being one of them.) I'm not trying to say Nvidia over ATI, I have no qualms with either; the CPU is the key here!!

When DCS upgrades to quad support, I will upgrade to the best LGA775 socket quad core I can lay my grubby hands on. Might even splurge on SLI if it becomes supported!

Okay, just a few hardware questions:

I've got a E6500 and a 8800 GT. Running at 1920 x 1200 I get very decent framerates when there's no action. In fact I can't see any real difference when shifting to lower resolutions. I get about 40 fps, with some small "hiccups" at base (not measured).

Graphic settings at medium. Running XP, and not seeing any improvement with the "use-all-cores" tweak.

But when Hell Breaks Loose and the action begins and I start searching for targets with the Shkval it going too slow. Also when flying over cities and with moderate action I loose too much FPS. Going down to about 15 - 20 fps.

1. Would I gain anything upgrading my card? Or is it processing power I need?

2. Would there be a big difference from my E6500 and to the new Core 2 Duo's?

3. Is it better to wait for the new DCS-engine, and buy the Intel I7?

My new rig (just built the other night):

Vista 64-bit SP1

Core i7 920 + Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme - 1366 RT

ASUS PT6 Deluxe 1366 X58

6GB G.Skill DDR3 1600

EVGA 8800GTX (Haven't decided on a new videocard yet.)

640GB WD "Black"

Corsair CMPSU-1000HX 1000W RT

NEC FP2141-SB (19 inch Flat Screen CRT running 1600x1200 resolution)

This rig scores all 5.9's in Vistas performance "Experience Rating"....whatever the hell that is good for. haha

I will be testing Blackshark tonight and will report back my performance findings. I will also test this rig in an OC'd state and compare the performance change in Black Shark.

For what it is worth, the rig in my signature below (the E6600) would run Black Shark at 1600x1200 with 4xFSAA and 16xAF just fine. Of course, seriously heavy action would tax the system.

The Core i7 group of processors will show you an increase in performance, but with an SLI setup, the performance scales VERY well and you really start to see a jump. SLI is not an option for a lot of folks due to cost, however, with the impending release of the next round of videocards, current prices will drop (many already have!). GTX 280's at Newegg are already down to around $400 and lower in some cases.

I plan to pick up a 24 inch or 30 inch LCD in the next few weeks (I spent the last week and a half trying a few LCDs and returning them to Best Buy). If you plan to purchase a 30 inch LCD than I would get at least one GTX 280 or 4870X2 (I would actually recommend against a 4870X2 since Crossfire still has quite a few issues, doesn't seem to be scaling all that well, and is still too expensive). Two GTX 260's in SLI will beat a 4870X2 and is cheaper in many cases I do believe. Personally, I would sticvk with a GTX 280 to start, and then add another GTX 280 on later if you decide you need it (need being a relative term. :D). The benefit of ATI cards in many cases is the ability to run higher levels of FSAA at higher resolutions with less of a performance hit, however, at 1920x1200 or 2560x1600 with 4xFSAA aliasing it is not really an issue any more, IMHO. Overall, the GTX 280 does have better driver support currently and does scale better in many games. One important thing to note is that Lock-On, Flaming Cliffs, and Black Shark all seem to run better with ATI products (not that they don't run very well with Nvidia as well). So, if these games are pretty much your bread ad butter and Counterstrike, etc.. can take a long walk on a short pier, than ATI may be your ticket.

One last note. Lock-On, Flaming Cliffs, and Black Shark all seem to be more CPU taxing rather than GPU. So, you may be able to get away with a lower end card if your CPU is up to snuff.

More of my opinions:

Best "Value SLI setup": Dual GTX 260's

Best "Value CPU": E8400 or E8500 (OC'd)

Best "Value Mobo" for Conroe: ASUS P5Q Pro

Best "Value 24" LCD": BenQ G2400 or BenQ V2400 (Whatever you do, do NOT buy a Gateway LCD. Gateway is in serious financial trouble right now.)

If I was on a budget and did not wat to move up to a Core i7 rig, I would buy an E8500, a ASUS P5Q Mobo, and a GTX 260.

Hope this helps! :)

Edited by JG27_Arklight

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB CAS 14

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra XC2

256gb Samsung 869 Pro (Boot Drive)

1TB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus

Seasoninc 1000w Titanium Ultra PSU

34" ASUS PG348

OK I'm about to order

E8600

Asus P5e

4870x2

Velociraptor

4gbs corsair dominator

etc.

Vista ultimate x64

TY for all the great advice, fingers crossed, no DOAs

on my sig below is the last gaming rig I built, hehe. Been out of flying anything for 3 years or so, but BS has me fired up!

Now I have to dust off the CH hotas and get some help with that crazy stuff.

Edited by uhoh7

All,

Wonder if anyone can help me?

I have a Toshiba laptop with the following.

CPU = Intel core duo P8400 @ 2.26/2.27 ghz

Ram = 4gb

GPU = ATI HD3470 (256mb I think!)

max resolution is 1440x900

Question is, given its a laptop and particulary hard just to replace existing GPU or processor I'm guessing easy and cheap option is to overclock?

Does anyone have any idea how I would do this on my system?

I would need very clear and simple instructions if anyone is kind enough to help?

Or maybe its not a good idea at all?

Thanks in anticipation

Regards,

Gary

I5 - 1TB SSHD, 256 SSD - Nvidia 1070 - 16gb ram - CV1

All,

Wonder if anyone can help me?

I have a Toshiba laptop with the following.

CPU = Intel core duo P8400 @ 2.26/2.27 ghz

Ram = 4gb

GPU = ATI HD3470 (256mb I think!)

max resolution is 1440x900

Question is, given its a laptop and particulary hard just to replace existing GPU or processor I'm guessing easy and cheap option is to overclock?

Does anyone have any idea how I would do this on my system?

I would need very clear and simple instructions if anyone is kind enough to help?

Or maybe its not a good idea at all?

Thanks in anticipation

Regards,

Gary

It is tough to say without knowing the laptop specifically. OC'ing itself is "usually" not much of an issue but could pose a problem for a retail purchased laptop (retail computers usually have an OEM version of the OS placed on them and corrupting the OS from a bad OC could pose an issue if you need to reinstall without the install CD). Also, OC'ing is largely based on ram performance, cpu performance, heat amount (or lack thereof I should say!) from voltage, and the ability of your bios to allow such revisions to your system.

A good place to ask about OC'ing for your laptop is http://www.hardocp.com. The folks over there know a LOT about OC'ing and may have experience with your specific laptop. If you do head over there and ask, be sure and list the model number of the laptop as well.

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB CAS 14

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra XC2

256gb Samsung 869 Pro (Boot Drive)

1TB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus

Seasoninc 1000w Titanium Ultra PSU

34" ASUS PG348

My new rig (just built the other night):

Vista 64-bit SP1

Core i7 920 + Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme - 1366 RT

ASUS PT6 Deluxe 1366 X58

6GB G.Skill DDR3 1600

EVGA 8800GTX (Haven't decided on a new videocard yet.)

640GB WD "Black"

Corsair CMPSU-1000HX 1000W RT

NEC FP2141-SB (19 inch Flat Screen CRT running 1600x1200 resolution)

This rig scores all 5.9's in Vistas performance "Experience Rating"....whatever the hell that is good for. haha

I will be testing Blackshark tonight and will report back my performance

findings. I will also test this rig in an OC'd state and compare the performance change in Black Shark.

For what it is worth, the rig in my signature below (the E6600) would run Black Shark at 1600x1200 with 4xFSAA and 16xAF just fine. Of course, seriously heavy action would tax the system.

The Core i7 group of processors will show you an increase in performance, but with an SLI setup, the performance scales VERY well and you really start to see a jump. SLI is not an option for a lot of folks due to cost, however, with the impending release of the next round of videocards, current prices will drop (many already have!). GTX 280's at Newegg are already down to around $400 and lower in some cases.

I plan to pick up a 24 inch or 30 inch LCD in the next few weeks (I spent the last week and a half trying a few LCDs and returning them to Best Buy). If you plan to purchase a 30 inch LCD than I would get at least one GTX 280 or 4870X2 (I would actually recommend against a 4870X2 since Crossfire still has quite a few issues, doesn't seem to be scaling all that well, and is still too expensive). Two GTX 260's in SLI will beat a 4870X2 and is cheaper in many cases I do believe. Personally, I would sticvk with a GTX 280 to start, and then add another GTX 280 on later if you decide you need it (need being a relative term. :D). The benefit of ATI cards in many cases is the ability to run higher levels of FSAA at higher resolutions with less of a performance hit, however, at 1920x1200 or 2560x1600 with 4xFSAA aliasing it is not really an issue any more, IMHO. Overall, the GTX 280 does have better driver support currently and does scale better in many games. One important thing to note is that Lock-On, Flaming Cliffs, and Black Shark all seem to run better with ATI products (not that they don't run very well with Nvidia as well). So, if these games are pretty much your bread ad butter and Counterstrike, etc.. can take a long walk on a short pier, than ATI may be your ticket.

One last note. Lock-On, Flaming Cliffs, and Black Shark all seem to be more CPU taxing rather than GPU. So, you may be able to get away with a lower end card if your CPU is up to snuff.

More of my opinions:

Best "Value SLI setup": Dual GTX 260's

Best "Value CPU": E8400 or E8500 (OC'd)

Best "Value Mobo" for Conroe: ASUS P5Q Pro

Best "Value 24" LCD": BenQ G2400 or BenQ V2400 (Whatever you do, do NOT buy a Gateway LCD. Gateway is in serious financial trouble right now.)

If I was on a budget and did not wat to move up to a Core i7 rig, I would buy an E8500, a ASUS P5Q Mobo, and a GTX 260.

Hope this helps! :)

I would really like to see how BS behives on your system. I ordered almost identical parts and waiting for it. Though I'm getting 3x1gig 1600 corsair. I'll be using XP 32bit due to the Vista IVC problem in Open Falcon.

Cujo_signature.png

I would really like to see how BS behives on your system. I ordered almost identical parts and waiting for it. Though I'm getting 3x1gig 1600 corsair. I'll be using XP 32bit due to the Vista IVC problem in Open Falcon.

It's funny I've been thinking about F4 also in relation to vista. What is the IVC issue in OF? I'm reading that AF will work on vista64, though perhaps I would have problems with cat drivers on the 4870x2 card.

I been grounded a long time so I'm trying to catch up.

I have the 30" samsung LCD and I am running it at the 2560 x 1600 resolution. I have everything cranked up on nhancer and in the game and boy is this game beautifullllll. It's not great fps but it is playable at an average of 24 fps. My system is getting dated. I set the game to run on all 4 cpu's after startup which helps.

Intel Quad 6600 2.4ghz @2.8, 4GB Kingston1066 @875, 768gb8800Ultra, and my crappy asus striker extreme board that I need to change.