Mission 2, Biff doesn't take off

Colonel Akir Nakesh

Flew mission 2, it wasn't until 3/4 into training I didn't notice he wasn't even with me, so looked at F10 and he was still in his parking area.

I had his voiceover instructing me the whole time, then we got to Moapa where we contacted approach. Last transmission was approach's telling me to descend to 5000. I didn't get any notification to tune to tower so did so at my own around 5miles like in the M2k campaign. I landed, didn't get a prompt to tune to ground so did so on my own and taxied back to my starting location and shut down.

As I pulled in, I got a 'one is taxing out' from Kermit. No mission complete/success notification, so shut down on my own and quit, got result of 50.

Best guess is I somehow missed a trigger while taxiing out that was supposed to have Biff follow me out? 

Really looking forward to mission 3! Learned a bunch in the first two lessons so far. Great campaign.

• Like 1

Something similar happened to me on Mission 4. For some reason Biff just held short of the runway after I'd taken off. I'd almost got to Moapa before I noticed he wasn't with me.

I ended up circling back towards Nellis and once I got close enough his takeoff was triggered and the mission continued as normal.

There are some weird things going on ocassionally with Nellis and AI taxiing, this also haunts my M-2000C Red Flag campaign. Can't really give any pointers as these appear to be random, perhaps as a general rule try to wait for Biff to start taxiing and keep him close to yourself, if need be make a circle after takeoff to make sure he is airborne too, if he isn't it could break some triggers. Keep me posted please about any further abnormalities!

• Thanks 1
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

I noticed that in Mission 1 it took Biff forever to get airborne. I was about 5 miles from the Turn waypoint when I noticed he had just taken off. Cut the power and orbited at 190 KIAS until he caught up. 

• Like 1

i7-7700K @ 5.2Ghz

SLI 1080Ti

64GB GSkill Trident Z RGB 4133

Asus Maximus IX Extreme

Custom Water Cooling Loop

TM Warthog/ MFG Crosswind

• 3 months later...

I also had this issue in Mission 2.  Biff never moved from his parking spot at all in fact.  Also encountered a second issue when coming in to land, after approach told me to descend to 5000ft there were no more radio messages or triggers and I didn't get a successful mission state upon landing.

• 2 weeks later...