[NO BUG] Can't press engine start button

cuervo111

After the last update I can't press the engine start button. As soon as I try to click on it is closed. I understand there is a new spring load feature but something seems to be wrong. If I wait without clicking it doesnt close immediately but as soon as I click, it closes.

Is anyone able to start up the plane now?

DCS Rosetta, my automatic DCS mission and campaign translator: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=233877

• 2 months later...
48 minutes ago, Vino said:

I have the same issue. I’m doin everything exactly the same way than before, so I’m sure I’m not doing anything wrong.

How the start button and it's cover function has changed (as in real life the cover is spring loaded).

You now
• right click to lift the button cover (you have ~5 seconds before the cover automatically springs back down)
• quickly left click on the start button (2 second hold) to start the start up sequence
• Once RPM reaches 11% - move throttle from STOP to IDLE
• watch engine RPM and TGT rise to settle at ~49% RPM / ~470°C to confirm a good start

If you fail to start the engine on your first attempt and are running off the battery, you'll likely need to ask for ground power before you can make a 2nd attempt i.e. you may have drained the battery in your first attempt.

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

No, the cover closes when you push the button, means the button was pushed. If this doesn't start the engine, means something else was forgotten.

Your throttle is maybe not staying in cutoff position, due to a wrong detent or cutoff unlock button setting.

Edited by Kercheiz

• 4 months later...
  • myHelljumper changed the title to [NO BUG] Can't press engine start button