Tobii eye tracker 5

Hi, anyone here use this ? I have just got one and would appreciate some advice on setting up in DCS etc, thanks

The head tracking does not seem to be working, I looked in the controls set up and the device is listed as "headtracker", but the 6 axis assigned ( By DCS I guess) are different to those assigned to my track ir. The ones assigned to the Tobii device are the 6 absolute axis at the top of the axis commands. I think this is where the problem is perhaps? But dont know...

Head tracking is turned on in the game hub software, but only eye tracking seems to work.

I also cannot highlight any of the boxes ion the column for the device....any idea why?

Edited by markturner1960

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

As an owner of both this and the TrackIR I have to say the Tobii just doesn't work as well for flight sims as the TrackIR, mostly because the TrackIR just handles the extreme head positons much better.

For Euro Truck Sim or similar the Tobii is awesome, but then it rarely has to endure the same head movements as DCS.

Just my 2c worth anyway.

I have a G2 VR, Tobii, and TrackIr.    Tobi works pretty well once you set it up properly and you don’t need to wear anything for it to work.  Which is a big plus to me..  neither track nor tobii compare to VR at all.

I work from home, so it’s nice using Tobii playing DCS while working.  I can still see my other screens with my work apps, while not having to wear something on my head all day like trackIR or VR.

Cheers, 

Thanks Jethro and you had no trouble getting head tracking working? On the Tobii discord some people are saying unplug trackir etc but you seem to have them installed and working OK? 

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit.