Just a note of thanks.

Mrgone

All the best for your continued return to health. Happy New Year!

• Like 7

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

Great to hear you are in remission and I truly wish you the very best of new years.

For me it is only DCS, I have not tried the other Flight sims yet.

I think it is just that ability to fly and be free of the tethers and burdens of life that makes flight sims so special.

• Like 2

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

I waited a year for my pre-order G2 to arrive.  Actually, I and a friend in 1982 were creating video-linked hardware and goggles however, the technology just was not there.  I waited and waited for the technology to catch up.   Most headsets were disappointing that I watched over the years.  I took a chance before I died to finally invest in the G2.  I have not been disappointed.  There may be better unit but, not in my price range.

Our original concept was for someone to wear the goggles, while another flew the airplane as hard and fast as possible, dodging any and every obstacle, while attempting to scare the crap out of they who were currently wearing the goggles.  The first to remove them or scream were the loser!

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Mrgone said:

I waited a year for my pre-order G2 to arrive.  Actually, I and a friend in 1982 were creating video-linked hardware and goggles however, the technology just was not there.  I waited and waited for the technology to catch up.   Most headsets were disappointing that I watched over the years.  I took a chance before I died to finally invest in the G2.  I have not been disappointed.  There may be better unit but, not in my price range.

Our original concept was for someone to wear the goggles, while another flew the airplane as hard and fast as possible, dodging any and every obstacle, while attempting to scare the crap out of they who were currently wearing the goggles.  The first to remove them or scream were the loser!

Yeah the G2 just makes it all very special. Almost a privilege to sit in the pit of some airframe that a developer spent 1 or 2 years of their lives creating.

There is simply no way I can go back to flight sims on a monitor, If you can live with the weakness of VR, or the weakness of the source code/hardware, then you are tasting something  that our children will take for granted..... something absolutely awe inspiring.

Edited by Rogue Trooper
  • Like 2

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

• ED Team
15 hours ago, Mrgone said:

To Eagle Dynamics,  All Members, Contributors, Developers, Programmers, etc,

I have been fighting a bone cancer now for four years and am finally in remission.  DCS World and X-plane have been my only distraction.  I am in debt to all of you.  I own every module, and pretty much every Mod.  In the beginning, and for almost 9 months following, the most torturous aspect to being sick was, having DCS installed and not even being able to play due to paralysis... A broken spine.

I am sorry to state that I have made little effort since to remark or express a liking or, dislike to any and all of your works.

Like YouTube, lets just remove the dislike button altogether (by the way, what the "F")?

Your collective minds and contributions are all remarkable.  I like all that apply to my installation.   I have no criticisms or critiques.  Well, maybe bigger booms!

All patrons, at every level of experience are awesome.  (Sappy Part), You have been my comrades, compadres, collaborators, colleagues and every other synonym one might use.  All have been my unacknowledged friends and mentors.  Differences aside, we come from all over the world with no other objectives in mind but share ideas and to enjoy this program which Eagle Dynamics has created for us.

To all of you . . .

Thank you for being there, for me, and for all other members you assist.

Most of all, Thank you Eagle Dynamics.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Sorry to hear of your personal circumstances, but glad we could be part of your distraction, thank you for the kind words and we wish you all the best for the future. 

The Eagle Dynamics team

• Like 14

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thank you Sir!

Wishing I'd not mentioned my personal issues, for it was really about all of you here in DCS.  As for next year, I have many things to do to catch up . . . My biggest desire is however is to deflect some lead in my AH-64D.

• Like 6

@Mrgone: All the best to you, keep on fighting dude and may your "re-entry" to DCS be the next challenge for you!

@Eagle Dynamics: You always say thank you to the comunity. Now its a good time to say:
"Thank you ED for you ongoing passion and support for making this simulation so awesome!" It is a pleasure to fly. Period.

Happy new year!!

Kind regards,
TOViper

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

On 12/30/2021 at 3:38 PM, Mrgone said:

Wishing I'd not mentioned my personal issues, 

Sometimes a little reminder of persPective is good for us all. 

Edited by Boosterdog
I dun got spellink shamed!
  • Like 5

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

1 hour ago, Boosterdog said:

Sometimes a little reminder of persective is good for us all. 

Wise words! 👍

A happy new year to all of you!  🍾🥂🧨🎉🎈

🤫  

Digital Combat Simulation Street: Wanna Buy A 'P' Boosterdog?

Boosterdog: [HUMMING]
Fastbreak: Hey, bud.
Boosterdog: Hey, who?
Fastbreak: You.
Boosteredog: Hey, me?
Fastbreak: Yeah. Come here.
Boosterdog: What?
Fastbreak: Come here.
Boosterdog: What?
Fastbreak: Now, you look like an intelligent young man.
Boosterdog: I do?
Fastbreak: Yeah.
Boosterdog: Oh, yeah. I do [LAUGHS]
Fastbreak: You look like someone who would be interested in a bargain.
Boosterdog: A bargain?
Fastbreak: Yeah.
Boosterdog: Why, sure. Why not. Are you a salesman?
Fastbreak: Right.
Boosterdog: Oh. What do you sell?
Fastbreak: 'P'
Boosterdog: 'P', like the letter 'P'
Fastbreak: Sh!
Boosterdog: Like the letter 'P'.
Fastbreak: Right.
Boosterdog: That's kind of a weird thing to be selling.
Fastbreak: Listen, you take this 'P', here, see. It's very useful. You buy it, you hang it on the persective.
Boosterdog: On the persective. Why-- Why should I buy a 'P' and hang it on the persective?
Fastbreak: Next time you write about the way of looking at something--    
Boosterdog: Yeah?
Fastbreak: --you look at the 'P'.
Boosterdog: Perspective has two 'P's!
Fastbreak: Sh!
Boosterdog: Perspective has two 'P's.
Fastbreak: Right. Right.

Please forbear with me and my above lines Boosterdog, but I could not miss this opportunity - love this Sesame Street scene too much ... all the best to you for 2022. 🙂 

• Like 1

System Components

Power supply: be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 650W 80Plus Platinum <> Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix X570-E Gaming  <> Processor: Ryzen 5 5600x <> Cooler: DeepCool Gammaxx C40 <> RAM: 2x16GB HyperX Predator 3600Mhz <> SSD: 2x1TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe M.2 (Raid 0) <> HD: 2TB Seagate BarraCuda <> Graphics card: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Ti 11G Gaming <> Head tracking: TrackIR4 Pro <> dunTrackR <> Monitors: Philips bdm4065uc 40" 4K 3840x2160  (Camera) <> 2x IBM 15" 1024x768 (LMFCD & RMFCD)

Cockpit: self-construction <> Controls: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog (extension for cyclic & collective control) <> Thrustmaster Rudder Control System <> Sound: Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium <> Logitech Z-560 THX Sound System

"...Runways are for beauty queens!"

Best wishes for 2022 @Mrgone and a lot of fun with DCS! 👍

• Like 2

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

Hello sir "Mrgone"
personally I am not (alas) an ED creator nor a mod creator, so I didn t contribute in the help that all these people have directly or indirectly provided to you, but it is you with the story that you tell us who is an example for me, for us or for those who get complained every time a little problem appears after an update, yes you are an example of courage
sympathy, so I say thank you for your testimony and wish you long life and prosperity in your flights with DCS.🖖💚

And best wishes for 2022

• Like 2

As a cancer survivor, myself, I wish you the same luck that that I was afforded. That was way back in 2002 and I'm still here. And enjoying the Hell out of DCS (I just purchased the Viper and the Syria map...damn!). It drives me crazy when people tear the sim apart. They just don't realize what they have here. 

Let's hope that this time next year we're both still flying. Who knows, maybe in the F4U!!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Ercoupe said:

As a cancer survivor, myself, I wish you the same luck that that I was afforded. That was way back in 2002 and I'm still here. And enjoying the Hell out of DCS (I just purchased the Viper and the Syria map...damn!). It drives me crazy when people tear the sim apart. They just don't realize what they have here. 

Let's hope that this time next year we're both still flying. Who knows, maybe in the F4U!!

We survive only to fight again . . .

And yes, patience is a virtue.  I would like to see how'd they handle a 486 @ 50MHZ flying Jane's Longbow . . . ~snicker,snicker~

Lot of talent out there . . .

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ercoupe said:

They just don't realize what they have here. 

Empty bank accounts 🙂 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Boosterdog said:

Empty bank accounts 🙂 

You are a meanie... :megalol:

System Components

Power supply: be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 650W 80Plus Platinum <> Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix X570-E Gaming  <> Processor: Ryzen 5 5600x <> Cooler: DeepCool Gammaxx C40 <> RAM: 2x16GB HyperX Predator 3600Mhz <> SSD: 2x1TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe M.2 (Raid 0) <> HD: 2TB Seagate BarraCuda <> Graphics card: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Ti 11G Gaming <> Head tracking: TrackIR4 Pro <> dunTrackR <> Monitors: Philips bdm4065uc 40" 4K 3840x2160  (Camera) <> 2x IBM 15" 1024x768 (LMFCD & RMFCD)

Cockpit: self-construction <> Controls: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog (extension for cyclic & collective control) <> Thrustmaster Rudder Control System <> Sound: Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium <> Logitech Z-560 THX Sound System

"...Runways are for beauty queens!"

• 2 weeks later...

Keep on fighting, in DCS and in your Life  👍

Edited by BitMaster

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X