More ROE options

Capn kamikaze

Could we have the ability to seperate ROEs by weapons types, eg when I have a fleet of ships, I want to be able to specify that they are ROE green on all defensive weapons, like SAMs and CIWS, but control the ROE for offensive weapons entirely seperately, so they do not fire off Harpoons until I say they can, such as when the incoming missiles have all been dealt with and all the ships in the fleet are in weapons range of the other fleet.

At the moment with the AI as it is, you get the odd ship firing off a Harpoon or two every now and again, effectively wasting them because they're not in a mass attack, but just a couple of them.

By having different ROE for defence and offensive weapons it would be a lot better....

And no, Return fire is not what I want, because that again allows both types of weapons to be fired, which is what I am trying to avoid.

• Like 1

Agreed.  To add to the above:

- option to chose which type of aircraft to engage (eg bomber or fighter)

- clarify what “threatened” means.  Eg such that a radar lock from say an F14 would result in the target aircraft running away

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.