Request: MiG-29SMT

1MajorKoenig

• 2 weeks later...
8 часов назад, Avimimus сказал:

Часто объем работы по восстановлению 3D-модели, предназначенной для другой цели, больше, чем построение модели с нуля. По-видимому, есть много технических деталей.

image.png

Absolutely right. This is just the first thing that caught my eye.

Edited by Tangentorf

Безымянный-2.png

vor 8 Stunden schrieb Avimimus:

Often the amount of work to rebuild a 3d model designed for a different purpose is more than building a model from scratch. There are a lot of technicalities apparently.

vor 34 Minuten schrieb Tangentorf:

image.png

Absolutely right. This is just the first thing that caught my eye.

Well I understand this concern. 

However I am trying to find out from someone knowledgeable of this can be used for a relatively simple mod and where the limitations would be. 

The scope I am basically looking for would be:

- use MiG-29S as a basis for the mod 

- R1: replace cockpit (it is not a clickable cockpit - just FC3) with the one here in the opening post

- keep HUD as is for the time being

- R2: if possible transfer and combine some mechanical gauges into the left MFD (I guess some basic flight things) - that is some custom coding I assume?

R3: implement a “Flanker”-style Radar Map into the right MFD - as this is not available on the basic MiG-29S it would also be custom code - not sure how easy/possible that is 

Is someone with a bit of modding experience able to comment on the feasibility of R1-R3 and if possible how difficult this would be?

1 час назад, 1MajorKoenig сказал:

Well I understand this concern. 

However I am trying to find out from someone knowledgeable of this can be used for a relatively simple mod and where the limitations would be. 

The scope I am basically looking for would be:

- use MiG-29S as a basis for the mod 

- R1: replace cockpit (it is not a clickable cockpit - just FC3) with the one here in the opening post

- keep HUD as is for the time being

- R2: if possible transfer and combine some mechanical gauges into the left MFD (I guess some basic flight things) - that is some custom coding I assume?

R3: implement a “Flanker”-style Radar Map into the right MFD - as this is not available on the basic MiG-29S it would also be custom code - not sure how easy/possible that is 

Is someone with a bit of modding experience able to comment on the feasibility of R1-R3 and if possible how difficult this would be?

R1 - This can be done in 5 minutes in 3dMax or Blender...

R2 - 2 options - 3D modeling or coding. The simulation will look terrible, but it will be slightly faster than coding systems.

R3 - In the simplest version, it will be replacing the MiG-29 avionics with the Su-27 or 33. A small change in the code and 10 minutes of work in 3dMax...

Безымянный-2.png

vor 16 Minuten schrieb Tangentorf:

R1 - This can be done in 5 minutes in 3dMax or Blender...

R2 - 2 options - 3D modeling or coding. The simulation will look terrible, but it will be slightly faster than coding systems.

R3 - In the simplest version, it will be replacing the MiG-29 avionics with the Su-27 or 33. A small change in the code and 10 minutes of work in 3dMax...

Thanks for the quick reply! And can both R1 and R3 be done in Blender since I only have this tool? Do you know of good tutorials? Depending on how difficult it is I may give it a try if no one else is interested? 

For R2: I just figured that I would also need to do something about the instruments which remain mechanical I guess.

Which brings me to R4: transfer these into the new 3d cockpit… does that work? Are these somehow separate instances or are these part of the cockpit itself? And how do they work with the input they receive?

And further on R2: could you I.e. use the output from - say the altimeter - and display it as a new picture on the MFD? 

and on: 

vor 16 Minuten schrieb Tangentorf:

it will be replacing the MiG-29 avionics with the Su-27 or 33

Would that mean everything would behave like Su-27/33? So no TWS2 and R-77s?

Edited by 1MajorKoenig