Zombie F-16 (player-controlled) over Syria

Ithronwise

Hello fellows,

yesterday I had a strange and probably rare bug. I flew a mission over Syria to destroy two warehouses of the IS with GBU-10's. Because of the cloud layers and an SA-6 SAM site nearby I flew below 10,000 ft AGL. On the second run over the target area I was hit by an SA-18 Grail. But I did hear no explosion, I saw no plume. Actually I saw the missile missing my tail and going straight into the sky. The flight behavior of the F-16 was normal, no warning lights, no fuel or hydraulic leaking. I realised the heavy damage just after switching to the external view. But something was strange. The SA-6 stopped tracking me right after this "ghost" hit. I couldn't radio the AWACs, nor the tanker or my homebase and on the F10 map the F-16 was gone (see video below). Nevertheless all was fine until I dropped the landing gear on final approach to Akrotiri. In this moment the plane went into a deep unrecoverable dive and I had to eject. In the debriefing I saw the only damaged system was the AN/ALE-47.  In this mission I had activated some mods, but only one that affected the F-16 (CFT Mod 2.0.2 by Nightwolf).

This is not a serious bug and I think it is very rare, but I have seen some other reports similar to this in the WWII subforums.

I have no track file because they are completely useless for longer missions, especially with A/A refueling (in not a single replay of such tracks I saved, the plane was able to connect to the tanker). Attached you can find the dcs.log and the debriefing.log.

dcs.log

debrief.log

Edited by Ithronwise

ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming, AMD Ryzen 3800X, 64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX 6800 XT, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 250 GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 1 TB (DCS World), Gigabyte G27QC Gaming Monitor, DelanClip Gamer, WINWING F-16EX Metal Flightstick with Orion2 Joystick Base, WINWING F-15EX II Metal Throttle with Orion2 Throttle Base, WINWING PTO 2 Take Off Panel, VIRPIL Controls Ace Flight Pedals, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, Windows 10 Pro