Mission 2 experiences

So yesterday played mission 2. A-10CII on latest OB.

It was fun! But I had some strange experiences, which I would like to share.

The biggest issue was a messy situation around 1:10:17. It made me engage the wrong targets I think. 

For reference video timestamps are added. 

1. Wingman decided to taxi and take off by himself, right after taxi clearance is given by ATC. (guess DCS AI)
  2. Radio voice-overs become active just before line up. Audio doesn't match up because 2 is already airborne. (13:50)
  3.  ATC gives clearance for take-off without receiving a request. (14:22)
  4. Not able to give 2 formation commands, like trail.
  5. Could not locate the helo following prowler (31:44)
  6. After show of force to the truck it turns behind building but then goes back to the road. No effect on Prowler.
  7. After contacts from Overlord GG 311 388 entered them as WP, was about to check them out visual but Prowler was already engaging. Could this Overlord call maybe made a bit sooner to give time for recon (1:03:10) 
  8. Very unclear situation. Overlord, FL and Prowler stepping onto eachother's radios, big mess (1:10:17) Prowler advances while I am getting green light to engage 
  9. Prowler halts without reason and can not be informed to proceed (1:15:35) 
  10. 2 has strange behaviour in the break (1:23:10) and keeps saying 2 rejoin. Even after telling it to go RTB. (DCS AI?)

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah I am starting to understand. Hope it will be improved somewhere in the near future. I had a great time regardless, well thought out mission. 

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

Could you please help me with one thing?
I cannot find vehicle next to red building.
And that particular chimney does not smoke.
Others are smoking but not that one.

May it be because I use A-10C Warthog?
OPTIONS: Civ traffic is OFF, Smoke parameter = 1

And id said "markpoint was added" but I do not see any. If I create markpoint manually - it will be mp A.

DCS World - latest, 2.7

I also copy a miz file (one of them for mission 2) and opened it in Mission Editor
Could not find a car in Charlie zone even with showing all units: ally , enemy, neutral

Or maybe I should learn how to spot cars.....

Edited by Odessa
Forgot something

Just one more question about mission 2.
At the end you land on Kobuletti and tower sends you to runway without ILS (25).
If you ignore it and try to land on runway 7 (with ILS)  - ILS still does not work (no yellow marks on ADI and no ILS sounds)
Is it a feature or a bug?
Or is it planned by mission creator failure ?
Thanks

On 1/19/2022 at 3:13 AM, Odessa said:

Could you please help me with one thing?
I cannot find vehicle next to red building.
And that particular chimney does not smoke.
Others are smoking but not that one.

May it be because I use A-10C Warthog?
OPTIONS: Civ traffic is OFF, Smoke parameter = 1

And id said "markpoint was added" but I do not see any. If I create markpoint manually - it will be mp A.

DCS World - latest, 2.7

I also copy a miz file (one of them for mission 2) and opened it in Mission Editor
Could not find a car in Charlie zone even with showing all units: ally , enemy, neutral

Or maybe I should learn how to spot cars.....

Yes I had the same at first. The car is there. I saw it just before I was informed about it. Pure luck. 

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

Baltic Dragon, thanks  for response. 
You are right, I do not need ILS actually, I just was thinking it always available in DCS.
I just like to see yellow bars on ADI.
And it was accidentally or habit  that I flew to runway 7....
New rookie player, you know 🙂

Looks like it is a great campaign by the way, I flew only two missions for now though.
Thank you!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Baltic Dragon, thanks  for response. 
You are right, I do not need ILS actually, I just was thinking it always available in DCS.
I just like to see yellow bars on ADI.
And it was accidentally or habit  that I flew to runway 7....
New rookie player, you know 🙂

Looks like it is a great campaign by the way, I flew only two missions for now though.
Thank you!

There is a great ILS approach coming up later in the campaign.

• Like 1

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

I was struggling with the second mission and I am already afraid of that "great ILS approach" prepared by Baltic Dragon....
Will it be just crosswind and rain?
Or also fog + snow +tsunami and earthquake?
🙂

Edited by Odessa
added something

Haha don't worry, there is a missed approach in it as well. Clouds and rain. I did not notice much crosswind.

If I were you, just create your own ILS approach mission. First fly with a clear sky and slowly start adding elements to it.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

• 2 years later...

I tried this mission twice, but wasn't able to finish successfully. The last contact I had with any other unit was at Echo when there was a in Incident at a bridge (didn't want to spoiler more here). Afterwards I was only flying circles over the rest of the waypoints until the convoy reached its destination at the airport. I then flew to the next waypoint after hotel, turned around and landed after I received landing clearance from ATC (just the normal DCS ATC). Result: Mission drawn. What have I missed?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hm.. possibly ground AI did something stupid again (their pathfinding ability is pathetic and sometimes new patches break things as well). I'll dry-run that part of the mission and see how they behave. Thanks for the info. @TheFlyGuy can you PM me here or on Discord with extra details what went wrong?

Edited by baltic_dragon
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png