Issue with: Command X is currently disabled for this session and it was not executed.

Pr0metheus

Hi,

I'm having trouble with VAICOM PRO... I'm getting the Command X is currently disabled for this session and it was not executed (see screenshot). X being any recoginized command that worked previously without any problem. I tested this in F-14 module with hot-mic but it is the same with any other module in DCS. I'm running latest DCS Beta release and latest VoiceAttack + VAICOM Pro with all the latest additional plugins. Is there anyone that is getting this issue or even better, knows the solutions for this?

Thanks in advance!

Untitled.png

Hi,
I'm having trouble with VAICOM PRO... I'm getting the Command X is currently disabled for this session and it was not executed (see screenshot). X being any recoginized command that worked previously without any problem. I tested this in F-14 module with hot-mic but it is the same with any other module in DCS. I'm running latest DCS Beta release and latest VoiceAttack + VAICOM Pro with all the latest additional plugins. Is there anyone that is getting this issue or even better, knows the solutions for this?
Thanks in advance!
Untitled.png.8cdfcd2130d767a6dc66a6b1c24d59e0.png
What happens with other VAICOM commands when you press a TX?

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

What happens with other VAICOM commands when you press a TX?

Basically the same except that you have TX press/release message in between. I've tried reinstalling the software and even forcing the profile to Send commands to target: DCS World but it is the same. This is first time that it happend and I just don't know what to do. It's not some incomprehensible error message, it clearly says that it recognized my voice and command binding but it didn't execute the command for which the software developer should know one or few reasons that can cause this otherwise they wouldn't put this error message as possibility.

Windows Speech Recognition is working fine for an example... I tried opening Start menu, searching for stuff etc.

This issue is mentioned in the VAICOM user manual but the recommended solution with deleting the export.lua file didn't help.

Untitled.png

Edited by Pr0metheus

Basically the same except that you have TX press/release message in between. I've tried reinstalling the software and even forcing the profile to Send commands to target: DCS World but it is the same. This is first time that it happend and I just don't know what to do. It's not some incomprehensible error message, it clearly says that it recognized my voice and command binding but it didn't execute the command for which the software developer should know one or few reasons that can cause this otherwise they wouldn't put this error message as possibility.

Windows Speech Recognition is working fine for an example... I tried opening Start menu, searching for stuff etc.
Well, what the message means is that a TX is not pressed. I had another thread about it, strange you didn't find it.
So, to accommodate, one must press i TX or try to hold it a little longer. It might be picky with different hardware.
Your picture shows you're not pressing a TX at all, but I guess your using REL/HOT for the AIRIO commands.

All settings in VAICOM is in the folder in VA, så de-re-install will not help you and is just a waste of time.
I understand why you tried setting DCS as target in VA, did that myself before I understood how this worked.
VAICOM doesn't send keyboard commands and talks directly to DCS behind the scenes so to speak. Actually it doesn't really us VoiceAttack at all, except as a gateway to Microsoft Speech Recognition.

Anyway, back to your issue.
Turn on debug in VAICOM control panel.
Send screenshots of VAICOM settings, and your TX setup in the VAICOM profile.
Also try an easy VAICOM command, not AIRIO, ATC or something. And keep the buttons pressed a little longer.

I've managed somehow to make it work. I've disabled everything except TX1, TX2 and Interphone...  and went from there... Neverthless, it is behaving differently than before I must say but on the other hand, I haven't been using it for some time so maybe something changed in the meantime with updates. I mean, in order to use hotmic in F-14, I need manually to set it up in cockpit and then press TX Intercom once to trigger hotmic behaviour (I don't need to press it anymore afterwards). Neverthless, even it behaves differently, your answer lead me to the solution... meaning... I can enjoy my bromance with Jester over the New Years holidays 🙂 Thanx @MAXsenna

• Like 1

That's great!
It sort of makes sense really, because HB did some code change for the ICS, didn't they?
I would also highly recommend not configure TX4 and TX6 if you don't use them.
I have never understood the auto switching with TX4 and since you can use any TX for ordinary VA commands, I'd only need TX6 for MP in a way. But I actually use REL/HOT which works fantastic both for Jester and VA commands.
Have a fantastic New Year!

48 minutes ago, Pr0metheus said:

I've managed somehow to make it work. I've disabled everything except TX1, TX2 and Interphone...  and went from there... Neverthless, it is behaving differently than before I must say but on the other hand, I haven't been using it for some time so maybe something changed in the meantime with updates. I mean, in order to use hotmic in F-14, I need manually to set it up in cockpit and then press TX Intercom once to trigger hotmic behaviour (I don't need to press it anymore afterwards). Neverthless, even it behaves differently, your answer lead me to the solution... meaning... I can enjoy my bromance with Jester over the New Years holidays 🙂 Thanx @MAXsenna

An initial TX press is always needed to "wake up" VAICOM so that it checks the Hot Mic setting in the cockpit and then sets its own hot mic behavior to match. I've gotten in the habit of doing a quick TX press and release whenever I change something in the game that might be "of interest" to VAICOM. I do the same right after VAICOM loads, even before starting DCS. 

BTW, VAICOM syncs to the pilot's hot mic switch, even if you are flying as RIO. Or at least that was the case last time I checked a few months back.

• Like 2

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals