On the TDC EASY MODE special option

AlphaJuliet

To clarify what's the "TDC easy mode" special option :

Easy mode ticked:
- Whenever you move a sensor, a target designation is always created
- Your sensors are either VV slaved or ground stabilised

Easy mode unticked:
- When you select a sensor, you can gimbal it around
- To create a designation you must tdc depress (which is realistic)
- You can use the sensors either ground stabilised or not (using NWS and TDC depress)

I strongly recommend you untick this option and use the realistic behaviour of the TDC.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 10

• 1 month later...
Am 18.1.2023 um 13:30 schrieb Nightmare22:

If this is the case in 'realistic' what is the point in ever slaving it to cords? Or am I meant to DESG and then ground stabilise instantly ? Thats fine as long as there are no line of sight issues as it would ground stabilise on any obstructions?

The designation happens, when you release the TDC not when you depress it. You depress and hold it down (called action slewing, which ground stabilizes the DMT), slew over the supposed target and release. Now you can use no-action slewing (not depressed) to refine the designation, if necessary.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

vor 13 Stunden schrieb kotor633:

Then I don't understand why this selection even exists...? Even if AlphaJuliet strongly recommends not choosing this option.

Because if you have only buttons or keys instead of a proper ministick/thumbstick it is another button you need to press and hold with only two hands, that you actually need for throttle and stick.

• Like 3

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• 9 months later...

well I don't have a TDC on stick, I have to use a throttle 5-way. This is confusing as hell. So in special tab for av8b tdc, uncheck the auto press. 

ok its the default special tab settings for the AV8B TDC auto mode that causes issues.

ah ok finally figured it out works; another issue is the AGM65's do not work in the canned River crossing mission, I can not get any edited AGM65's to work.

and not having a laser on the TPOD is a pain also!

4 years and counting is the AV-8b ever going to get fleshed out I bought it used? "pre-ordered and still no working"?

Edited by 71st_Mastiff

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||