game crashes with the new upgrade

mla306

Hi, I had some problems upgrading to 2.7.9.  I finally turned my firewall off (which I've never had to do before) and it looks like it installed okay.  I tried to play and the game authorizes and launches okay and I get to the main screen and when I click on anything, campaign, mission, instant play or training the game crashes.  Each time it created a crash report and I sent it off.  Hopefully you can figure out what when wrong?

Thanks.

• ED Team

please include your dcs log from your saved games dcs log folder it should have some clues. 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
13 hours ago, mla306 said:

I tried to play and the game authorizes and launches okay and I get to the main screen and when I click on anything, campaign, mission, instant play or training the game crashes.

At first, I understood that the game crashes after starting DCS when selecting a mission. But I see that you have been playing for quite a long time.
In the first log: 18:26:22 - 22:39:11
In the second log: 22:01:56 - 00:44:28
Does the game crash without VR? Have you tried reducing the graphics settings? Does the game crashes in single player missions?

...have the same: game crashes in the moment when the sim starts

loading mission, start it: crash

loading mission, change it, save it, start it: crash

loading quickstart or anything: crash

creating a complete new mission: works, but only one time

missionreload or replay: crash

creating a different second mission: crash

Just to check i played some different things on the 2.7.1 normal-Version and had no problems so far.

First time anyway I have problems with DCS like this. Strange, but update should be checked better before.

Used to have this with StarCitizen, but, well, not with DCS. So think of your nice reputation...

dcs.log-20211230-234045.zip dcs.log-20211231-150633.zip dcs.log-20211231-151814.zip dcs.log-20211231-150906.zip

Oh sorry, and I don't use VR.

Hi I ran the dcs repair module.  I restarted the computer and tried to launch the game.  I think it got worse.  The game doesn't even launch now, I just get a message that says "important files damaged: bin/cockpitbase.dll.  It also says it created a log so I have attached it.

dcs.log dcs.log.old

• ED Team

@Atze Morgenrot, New Year's Eve is the best time to think about the reputation of the company I work for.
I tried all four missions that were in the reports. The game does not fail. Not once. Further,
report dcs.log-20211230-234045: 2021-12-30 23:40:44.953 ERROR   DX11BACKEND: failed to create structed buffer. Reason: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED
report dcs.log-20211231-150633: 2021-12-31 15:06:33.500 ERROR   DX11BACKEND: failed to create structed buffer. Reason: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED
report dcs.log-20211231-151814: 2021-12-31 15:18:13.663 ERROR   DX11BACKEND: failed to create structed buffer. Reason: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED
report dcs.log-20211231-150906: 2021-12-31 15:09:05.775 ERROR   DX11BACKEND: failed to create structed buffer. Reason: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED

You can find descriptions of the causes of this error and solutions to this problem on the Internet.

...why so bitter, this answer maximov???

I have a problem, very hard and for the first time.

DCS stands (for me) for total and good working updates,

that´s why I choose the beta-option, like most of other users.

If it´s not working, is it so hard for u if someone complains?

Ok, maybe i was sending the wrong zip´s, I had much more

crashes before I was sending this into forum.

But even if game don´t crashes on your PC with this raw "mission",

this means nothing for me and does not bring a solution.

"U can find it on internet" is not that what I was looking for here.

User Flappie seems to see it a bit cooler, and his workaround seems possible.

(10min later) But result was crash again.

So thank u Flappie, but in my case it does not work.

If u know something more about this, please answer here,

cause I really miss flying with DCS.

dcs.log-20220101-170035.zip

• ED Team

I'm sorry, I was really harsh. But believe me, in this case the game is not to blame for your troubles.
This is a classic case of a game crash after a long response from the graphics card. We can try to find the cause of it. Or we can try to blame ED for the "bad" update.
You can find almost all cases of DDR -DXGI_..._DEVICE_REMOVED-  (and other users' ways to solve this problem) here:
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/startup/#3312253
You may not be able to solve your problem the first time. So, we'll look for the cause of the crash again.

...thx for the answer.

Tried some other things, no positive result.

So maybe one more hint to understand the action happening:

Launcher, gamemenue, maps and everything ok.

As soon as I start some action, loadingmenue starts, and in the end the game is on screen

with the window to start (on ground) or to fly.

As soon as I click on "OK" or on key "Pause" game (or sim) should start,

but shuts down to desktop, known as "CTD".

There is no waiting for response or any other timed thing, game shuts down WITH the click on it. Instantly.

This happens ONLY with actual patch of 2.7.9 , NOT with (f.i.) patch 2.7.1, which I have loaded in DCS normal.

Also 2.7.1 is running graphically extremely nice, in 4k, high details and 60-80 frames.

DCS openbeta used to run the same way, also in 4k.

Other games too: Star Citizen, FS, rFactor, DirtRally, EEP, SailSim, Abzu, Subnautica, BeyondBlue, ExoOne, CitiesSkylines, AssasinsCreedOdyssey,

everything in 4k and everything without graphical problems.

The crashlog itself gives also following info:

C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 639F98A0 00:00000000

..., maybe this gives a better direction, where to search in this patch.

Greets from Atze

• ED Team

As I see it, the game always falls on missions for the Su-27 on the Marianas. But there are no such default missions. Is this your mission? Please try creating another mission. Use a different terrain, maybe a different module. Once again, I have no problem taking off in the Su-27 in your mission. Maybe the problem is not in the hardware, but in the mission errors.

13 hours ago, Atze Morgenrot said:

C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION

What is exception code C0000005?

Exception code c0000005 is the code for an access violation. That means that your program is accessing (either reading or writing) a memory address to which it does not have rights.

@Atze Morgenrot you can fly a different version than the open beta and have no issues? any differences other than the version? different mods? would be able to share your system specs. interested in RAM and page file. you can run DXDIAG from the Windows search box and save a text tile of it for posting.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

...puuhhhhhhhhh, game running again. So erleichtert, das Gefühl...

Ok, first to stick to conversation: no default mission, no "always mission" from other patches, just a mission I did quick and dirty, new for this patch.

Not only marianas, but all maps I checked with same effect.

And, maximov, as u mention u where checking the "mission" I did, I was not using SU27, but SU33, with Kiriakov-Skin.

That´s the point. I changed the Kiriakov-Skin a little bit (some patches before), copied a russian-navy-flag on the side of it from other skin.

As I did a repair again now, I checked all the "additional data", which was a lot.

Then I saved all data, moved it out of the game, and game was running.

Then I moved in again, game crashed.

Then I copied in the original Kiriakov-Skin, game was running.

Solved.

Strange is, that this modification was running all patches before, and also in 2.7.1 , but not 2.7.9 .

So no skinmodification anymore?

Or I did something wrong? Was using gimp 2.1.0

Thx maximov for having some time, thx Flappie for the repair-workaround, which offered me the sight on the additional data.

Thx everybody at ed, for this wonderful sim, which I really enjoy a lot and very often.

Greets from Atze

hello i have the access violation code also in my logs. My scenario:

I have 0 Mods installed and nothing in Mods tech, some skins only in the main folder.

Played 1 time after the patch in VR totally fine. quit game

4 days later after NY i start game, (not been touched since) and now crashes when loading anything or any map at :terrain init, 1:

how do i fix the Violation code thingy ("That means that your program is accessing (either reading or writing) a memory address to which it does not have rights") from the quote above?

Slow repair done, removed all skins it found, still crash at same point!

dcs.20210414-182842.crash

Edited by HOKUM52

• ED Team

Padonis,
You have already created a message in the next branch. Believe me, the same forum members can answer you in this thread. Please don't create duplicates of your problem. The ideal option is to contact the customer support directly:
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/
But the driver error in your report -
ERROR DX11BACKEND: failed to create vertex buffer. Reason: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED
this is a hardware error. We can only try to tell you which component of your computer is failing. Most of the reasons are outlined here:
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/startup/#3312253

Gents how i fixed it, and this is the second time i've done this for such a problem..

Uninstall oculus, 

try Game-- doesn't work still

reinstall oculus

try game--completely cured

I have no explanation. Had nothing to do with anything else and i dont know why it begun as there were no updates on either DCS or Oculus within a week.

This happened once in the past to me about a year ago.