Trouble with IFF transponder settings

SmirkingGerbil

Which is purely my issue, bad hearing.

I cannot tell, or having a hell of a time determining if I am setting the modes to M-3/A first, then to M-C?

No problem with MODE 3/A code, that is clear.

Plus not clear if I am setting the master mode dial to STBY before all that or during/after.

Many thanks in advance.

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

9 hours ago, DimSim said:

I think you're talking about Mission 1. I found that part confusing as well, only sure of the Mode 3/A four digit code.

Yes, sorry forgot to mention Mission 1. Will try it with just the Mode 3/A setting.

Still not clear on order of operations for Stdby to Norm. I think you flip Norm before take off on Transponder, but still not clear on when you select Stdby in which sequence of that cold start.

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

10 hours ago, SmirkingGerbil said:

Yes, sorry forgot to mention Mission 1. Will try it with just the Mode 3/A setting.

Still not clear on order of operations for Stdby to Norm. I think you flip Norm before take off on Transponder, but still not clear on when you select Stdby in which sequence of that cold start.

I think I recalled the mission asking you to change the transponder to Norm before takeoff.  IRL in the US civilian ops, it's been a thing for transponders to be turned on prior to taxiing, I suspect this is now the case in the military to.

• Thanks 1