VOIP Feature seems to disable all mapped buttons on a Hotas

Jel

Latest  Stable Version:

The new Feature seems to disable all mapped Buttons on a Hotas for the rest of the game´s use.

Example:
I set three PTT Buttons for VOIP on my HOTAS, the Mic Switch fwd, aft and down to be used on the A10C.
The new Voip that came with todays update will work flawlessly, i can now PTT my 3 comms with either fwd, down or aft on the mic switch. This works.

BUT

Unfortunately, those switches on the Hotas are also used to open ingame comms for the very same devices so that i could talk to the A.I. (wingmen, airbase, tanker, AWACS or whatsoever.)
These functions will no longer work as long as i have the switch bound to VOIP PTT.

Further:

I realize that every HOTAS Button you map for the VOIP Radio, gets disabled for the Rest of your planes.

Example:
I mapped the Boat Switch on my Warthog for Voip PTT 1 and 2:
Now The Switch is disabled in the A10 (doesn´t move and functions such as bhot/whot etc. are unavailable). The mapping for the plane is still present - but VOIP seems to tell the plane "nope - you can´t use this switch".
Also tested with other buttons, none of those mapped for VOIP will work afterwards on your plane.
Same on other planes i´ve tested: F-18, F-16, MI24P.

This is just weird - hasn´t this been tested ?

See also STEAM Thread:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/223750/discussions/0/3194740147281675289/
for this issue.

regards

Edited by Jel

When in doubt - climb. Nobody ever collided with air.

I believe this is "working as implemented" at this point. The problem is you can't have two things mapped to the same control in DCS. The VoIP category is used across all planes, so when you map it in one plane, it wipes out that mapping across all others.

image.png

The only solution to this is what Heatblur and Dekka have implemented in their planes, which are dedicated mappings specific to their aircraft just for using VoIP functions. Heatblur especially has had one in there for SRS for a while now and implemented DCS VoIP as well. ED needs to have this done in all of theirs, and frankly, should have had it done when they released this feature for this very reason, even with a generic mapping for FC3 aircraft.

image.png

I don't think you're ever going to get the native ability to have two functions fire with one button press inside DCS (both VoIP and Radio Menu open). You'll have to use some kind of 3rd party joystick software to program it into the buttons themselves. The closest I've gotten is using SRS and having SRS map itself to the same button as the DCS Comm functions of the aircraft I'm flying. However, since I like taking screenshots during flights, which uses the F-keys a whole lot, having that menu pop open and close all the time is a pain in the rear.

Your only solution is to remap these every time you switch aircraft.

Edited by Eihort
  • Thanks 1