AR check on ground not possible

Red Dog

F-16 checklists have a section to check AR door & system but when I follow them, I can't check the AR system on ground after start.

Indeed, the checks says to open door, check blue light RDY on in right indexer => works OK
then click DISC button on stick (same as NWS = index finger button) and check that yellow DISC comes on, RDY light comes OFF 3 seconds later, DISC light should extinguish and RDY light comes ON again. => this does not work

Upon pressing the index finger button on the stick, NWS comes ON (green) 
This is not correct as AR doors open inhibits NWS to give consent to DISC operation which is on the same button

tested this morning with latest version

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Have a Bandit Day

Red Dog

[sIGPIC]

http://www.ravico.com/ST/perso/Sig_generale.png

[/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Hi,

please include a track replay and any evidence in a PM if required ( remembering our 1.16 forum rule.) 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 4 months later...

If, for any reason, fuel is not transferring or is transferring at less than normal rate, the receiver pilot will disconnect and monitor the aerial refueling status indicator. The bottom lamp (DISC) lights amber when a disconnect has been accomplished. The system will automatically reset to ready and the top lamp (RDY) relights blue after a 3-second delay. A second contact may then be accomplished. If this does not resolve the problem, the pilot may then disconnect, confirm disconnect with the boom operator, and recycle the system by closing and opening the slipway door using the AIR REFUEL switch. "T.O. GR1F-16CJ-1"

-------------------------------

During normal after-start checks, check the air refueling system. Move the air refuel switch to the OPEN position and check the air refuel status lights for a blue RDY light on and the DISC light off. In a D-model, depress the NWS/AR DISC on the side stick and check that the amber DISC light is on. Three seconds later, the RDY light should come back on and the DISC light should go out. Move the air refuel switch to CLOSE and check that the RDY light extinguishes. The crew chief will confirm operation of the AR door and slipway lights. CAUTION: On the ground, depressing the AR/NWS button cycles the NWS. After closing the air refueling switch, check NWS light on prior to taxiing. "MULTI-COMMAND HANDBOOK 11-F16" "F-16 COMBAT AIRCRAFT FUNDAMENTALS"

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Track file as requested. Instant action, 

On 12/31/2021 at 1:16 PM, BIGNEWY said:

Hi,

please include a track replay and any evidence in a PM if required ( remembering our 1.16 forum rule.) 

thanks

I have a track file. Sending it to you via a private message. It's called air refuel ground check.trk.

On 12/31/2021 at 1:16 PM, BIGNEWY said:

Hi,

thanks

Actually, the track file is > 5MB so I don't know how to get it to you. Taken from instant action, Caucasus, Ready on the Ramp. It only takes a few seconds to generate. Is it normal for trk files to be > 5MB?

• 5 months later...
2 hours ago, Florence201 said:

I don't have any issue checking the function of AAR door in SP or MP

AAR doors open on the ground, but OP said issue was with NWS A/R DISC MSL STEP Button, in the label it says air refueling disconnect, when you press it the disc light does not light up on the indicator.

Track: AAR disc ground check .trk

P.S. I don't know how it should be in real aircraft, better ask SME.

Edited by Furiz
  • Like 2