TGP loses track when radar drops track.

Beamscanner

• ED Team

I will check with the team, if you have any evidence this behaviour is wrong feel free to PM me. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

@BIGNEWYThere is probably nothing that explicitly states "FLIR track does not drop when radar drops track". However... this is is the whole point of MSI. While not implemented right now, the FLIR and radar are independent sensors. If the FLIR is in autotrack on a target, the radar losing track would not affect it. The FLIR is its own, independent contributor to the trackfile. Even if you were to deselect FLIR as an MSI contributor, it's still not linked to the radar. That would make no sense. If the Radar dropped the target for whatever reason, the FLIR remains there to contribute. In fact there are specific indications to show whether both the FLIR and radar have lost it or if only the radar has. Both are providing data on the target, if one is lost you still have the other to keep providing data.

Now, if the FLIR was in a pointed/slaved mode (L+S, SLAVE) and the radar was the sole contributor to the trackfile, then radar drop would equate to the FLIR losing it. But that's because the FLIR isn't tracking. It's just slaved to the line of sight to that MSI trackfile. But in the case of this report, the FLIR is independently tracking the target.

And again outside the idea of MSI, even in softwares prior to MSI, it would still make no sense. The FLIR is in independent track, it's not in any way connected to the radar.

Edited by Jak525
  • Like 6

@BIGNEWYThere is probably nothing that explicitly states "FLIR track does not drop when radar drops track". However... this is is the whole point of MSI. While not implemented right now, the FLIR and radar are independent sensors. If the FLIR is in autotrack on a target, the radar losing track would not affect it. The FLIR is its own, independent contributor to the trackfile. Even if you were to deselect FLIR as an MSI contributor, it's still not linked to the radar. That would make no sense. If the Radar dropped the target for whatever reason, the FLIR remains there to contribute. In fact there are specific indications to show whether both the FLIR and radar have lost it or if only the radar has. Both are providing data on the target, if one is lost you still have the other to keep providing data.
Now, if the FLIR was in a pointed/slaved mode (L+S, SLAVE) and the radar was the sole contributor to the trackfile, then radar drop would equate to the FLIR losing it. But that's because the FLIR isn't tracking. It's just slaved to the line of sight to that MSI trackfile. But in the case of this report, the FLIR is independently tracking the target.

And again outside the idea of MSI, even in softwares prior to MSI, it would still make no sense. The FLIR is in independent track, it's not in any way connected to the radar.
Exactly, well written. To add to that, the L+S option on the FLIR merely means that the FLIR will be slaved to the radar when it's not auto-tracking.

This is also why we don't have a RDR SLAVE option with the ATFLIR - the FLIR should be able to create its own MSI trackfile, which can be selected for radar tracking via the RDR ATTK or AZ/EL pages, like any other MSI trackfile.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

hace 5 horas, Harker dijo:

Exactly, well written. To add to that, the L+S option on the FLIR merely means that the FLIR will be slaved to the radar when it's not auto-tracking.

This is also why we don't have a RDR SLAVE option with the ATFLIR - the FLIR should be able to create its own MSI trackfile, which can be selected for radar tracking via the RDR ATTK or AZ/EL pages, like any other MSI trackfile.

I will semantically add also, the L+S technically slaves the FLIR to the MSI L&S, meaning, you could for example make it follow the LOS of a Link 16 target.

• Like 4

I will semantically add also, the L+S technically slaves the FLIR to the MSI L&S, meaning, you could for example make it follow the LOS of a Link 16 target.
Indeed, good addition. The L&S doesn't need to be created from the radar, any MSI input will do (radar, FLIR, Link 16 etc).
  • Like 1

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro