Any Tutors Available?

bkrull

Happy New Year, y’all. I just installed DCS World and several modules. I’m a retired pilot but I’m having trouble getting up to speed on the sim. Would anyone be willing to tutor me? I’d be happy to pay a reasonable fee.

Thanks
Bill

• 3 weeks later...

Did you find what you were looking for bkrull? Let me know what modules, if any you still would like help with. I'm better with some than others, so I'll be happy to help if I can. No money required, happy to help if I can.

. . . . . . .

Every module/ map except the dual winged joke.

bkrull, 

I don't know which specific jet or questions you have, but if there it is something I know I'll be glad to share any knowlage I have. We've got a few peopel who know their planes very well on my discord, you are welcome to stop by any time. I know how daunting DCS can be at first, so I try and help anyone I can, especially new people get up to speed. Heres the link to my discord. 

https://discord.gg/NUHe98zVhY

• 1 year later...

I've hade DCS for a month or so now.  I have a Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas. I got Flaming cliffs and then through my infinite wisdom purchased the F5E Tiger 2 module because I thought a full fidelity module would be more intuitive.  I did manage to get Head tracking running, after a few tries.  Needless to say,  I haven't gotten anywhere with the DCS and have put waaaaay to much time into trying to figure out how to get started.  Sure, I can read the Module manual and watch endless videos on different operations about my choice of aircraft.  I can't get beyond sertting up my hotas for my aircraft, or is there a standard set up, who knows.  I tried importing other players profiles.  No luck.  I'm stuck on things like, I can't even seem to look around my cockpit to focus in on particular controls.  Although while I have tryed "free flying" I was able to use a few number pad views.  I guess my point is that I can't even get to point where I learn my module and I've exhausted my time on youtube university.  I take any advice available even if it's "quit now, your not cut out for it".  Thanks

18 hours ago, slplankspanker said:

I've hade DCS for a month or so now.  I have a Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas. I got Flaming cliffs and then through my infinite wisdom purchased the F5E Tiger 2 module because I thought a full fidelity module would be more intuitive.  I did manage to get Head tracking running, after a few tries.  Needless to say,  I haven't gotten anywhere with the DCS and have put waaaaay to much time into trying to figure out how to get started.  Sure, I can read the Module manual and watch endless videos on different operations about my choice of aircraft.  I can't get beyond sertting up my hotas for my aircraft, or is there a standard set up, who knows.  I tried importing other players profiles.  No luck.  I'm stuck on things like, I can't even seem to look around my cockpit to focus in on particular controls.  Although while I have tryed "free flying" I was able to use a few number pad views.  I guess my point is that I can't even get to point where I learn my module and I've exhausted my time on youtube university.  I take any advice available even if it's "quit now, your not cut out for it".  Thanks

As you’ve discovered, even at its simplest, DCS is quite complex. My only advice is to not try to accomplish everything at once. What I do for any new aircraft is to set up my HOTAS for the flight basics first. So things like flaps, landing gear, trim, etc. Then I practice circuits with touch and goes until I have a good feel for the aircraft in those configurations. After that, I’ll takeoff, make a high speed run, come back and land to get a feel for the speed transitions.

After you have a good feel for the aircraft, it’s time to start using it as a weapons platform. If it’s dual role, pick one—either A2A or A2G. If the latter, start with simple iron bombs. Whichever platform you choose, set the basics up on your HOTAS and proceed from there. You’ll find taking small steps less frustrating than trying to run right from the start.

• Like 2

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

• 2 weeks later...