Modules and voice commands not recognized

Freakmeister51

Another problem that has probably been asked 1000 times already but i can't find any. When loaded into a mission, the module isn't recognized and also, when a radio key is pressed and a request made, all i get is a first response low bleep. I have done everything in the manual, binned the lua file in the Scripts folder. Reset the Lua button in the Master Reset tile. I've checked out Hollywood's video on YouTube as well. Just become stuck for ideas now.

Thanks in advance

Another problem that has probably been asked 1000 times already but i can't find any. When loaded into a mission, the module isn't recognized and also, when a radio key is pressed and a request made, all i get is a first response low bleep. I have done everything in the manual, binned the lua file in the Scripts folder. Reset the Lua button in the Master Reset tile. I've checked out Hollywood's video on YouTube as well. Just become stuck for ideas now.
Thanks in advance
Which modules?

Have you confirmed the settings sliders are correct for your DCS install (standalone / steam and stable / openbeta)?

If these are right please could you turn on Vaicom debug, restart Vaicom and then post the resulting log here (found in the logs folder of your Vaicom install).

Happy New Year

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

11 hours ago, hornblower793 said:

Which modules?

Have you confirmed the settings sliders are correct for your DCS install (standalone / steam and stable / openbeta)?

If these are right please could you turn on Vaicom debug, restart Vaicom and then post the resulting log here (found in the logs folder of your Vaicom install).

Happy New Year emoji5.png

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply and a Happy New Year to you too. I've confirmed the sliders are in their correct position for the specific version that i'm playing.

VAICOMPRO.log

• 1 month later...
On 1/2/2022 at 9:58 AM, MAXsenna said:

Log looks okay. 

Turn on debug and send us shots of what's not happening? 

Hi Max, sorry it's taken so long answering, RL work gets in the way a lot. Anyway, after removing the NS430 module from the module manager, i am now getting the correct aircraft shown in the PTT panel of the configuration window, however, i am still not getting the confirmation beep from my requests, i only seem to get awaiting additional input blip and nothing else. Any ideas on this please?

• Like 1

Hi Max, sorry it's taken so long answering, RL work gets in the way a lot. Anyway, after removing the NS430 module from the module manager, i am now getting the correct aircraft shown in the PTT panel of the configuration window, however, i am still not getting the confirmation beep from my requests, i only seem to get awaiting additional input blip and nothing else. Any ideas on this please?
Have you turned Debug on? Make sure you have and post the VoiceAttack log.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Hi,

Have to say that i have exactly the same issue now with the latest beta update and i cannot get it to work anymore. Worked with previous version.

Logs seems to say that all is OK, but module is just not activated (F16/F18) in game. Have reset and uninstalled, removed files etc. No additional mods are in use currently and DCS repaired.

Intel Core i7 9700k, MSI MEG Z390 ACE, 2 x 16GB HyperX DDR4 Fury, RTX 2080Ti, Corsair PSU RM750, Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus + SSD 860 EVO (DCS), NZXT CPU cooler Kraken X62, Fractal Design R6 black.

Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog, Thrustmaster F-18 HOTAS, RealSimulator FSDB-R3 Lighting, Sim Gears F-16 ICP LT, 3x Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR5, VoiceAttack+Vaicom PRO, DCS UFC app in Samsung 10" tablet.

27 minutes ago, Burner1111 said:

Hi,

Have to say that i have exactly the same issue now with the latest beta update and i cannot get it to work anymore. Worked with previous version.

Logs seems to say that all is OK, but module is just not activated (F16/F18) in game. Have reset and uninstalled, removed files etc. No additional mods are in use currently and DCS repaired.

Did you check if it runs as administrator?  I noticed that sometimes it seems to revert back for some reason- maybe a windows update or something. 

47 minutes ago, ricktoberfest said:

Did you check if it runs as administrator?  I noticed that sometimes it seems to revert back for some reason- maybe a windows update or something. 

Thnx! Just for additional information: when i reverted back to ob 2.7.10.19402 hours ago, modules started to work again and "run voiceattack as an admin" is checked. But i will try this again tomorrow with an OB 2.7.10.19473 version, will see if it's checked or not (or recheck manually again).

Intel Core i7 9700k, MSI MEG Z390 ACE, 2 x 16GB HyperX DDR4 Fury, RTX 2080Ti, Corsair PSU RM750, Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus + SSD 860 EVO (DCS), NZXT CPU cooler Kraken X62, Fractal Design R6 black.

Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog, Thrustmaster F-18 HOTAS, RealSimulator FSDB-R3 Lighting, Sim Gears F-16 ICP LT, 3x Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR5, VoiceAttack+Vaicom PRO, DCS UFC app in Samsung 10" tablet.

On 2/9/2022 at 6:16 PM, Freakmeister51 said:

Hi Max, thanks for the reply. I have confirmed debug mode is on and here is the log file you asked for.

VAICOMPRO.log 1.58 kB · 4 downloads

Log looks fine. You're only OB, right?
What does the VoiceAttack log say when you try to issue commands?

Cheers!

2 hours ago, Burner1111 said:

Thnx! Just for additional information: when i reverted back to ob 2.7.10.19402 hours ago, modules started to work again and "run voiceattack as an admin" is checked. But i will try this again tomorrow with an OB 2.7.10.19473 version, will see if it's checked or not (or recheck manually again).

You could try an older version of VAICOM as well.
I'm on 2.5.24

Hi - I am also having no luck getting Vaicom Pro to recognise the aircraft module (FA18) - I have done all the recommended fixes and so far nothing worked - I have attached the log but I have just noticed a Vaicom set of scripts sitting in a strange place? See image is this correct or should they be somewhere else Thanks D

scripts.PNG

VA-startup-log.txt

On 2/11/2022 at 1:07 AM, MAXsenna said:

Log looks fine. You're only OB, right?
What does the VoiceAttack log say when you try to issue commands?

Cheers!

I'm on 2.5.24

Thanks for the info Maxx. I have decided to uninstall Voice Attack and will attempt a fresh install along with a fresh install of VIACOM PRO, see how that goes. I have got fed up with things not working as they used to. The last attempt i done, i was getting the confirmation bleep but no aircraft in the PTT panel. It was also telling me that, for a start-up request, that the airbase that i was calling up was not recognized, even though i had dialed up the correct frequency for that station. I'm hoping that a fresh install of everything will help. Thanks for your advise.

I just had issues with VA last night when i decided to update to the latest Vaicom release again. Sometimes it was working as normal where button press to give command then release then it switched and the button press disabled listening. Also was Recognizing "Batumi" then when I said "Select" it would error and say "Dubai" or another PG map airfield is not recognized or some crap. Anyway it was down to the fact that as others have said I did not have "Open Beta" slider selected in the config window. Once I did that I reset the lua and keywords then launched it again and ran the "test" function to find missing aliases and everything seems to work as normal. Also if you are in Multiplayer make sure that the MP Only checkbox is not checked off in the config window.

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

On 2/11/2022 at 12:07 AM, MAXsenna said:

I'm on 2.5.24

Max, thanks for the help. I managed to get it work. Basically what i did was:

1. I downgraded my OB to on older version (2.7.10.19402) and reinstalled Vaicom. Modules (F-18/F-16) were recognized.

2. Updated OB to new version (2.7.10.19473) and rechecked "run voiceattack as an admin" status - was active.

3. Clicked inactive "rund voiceattack as an amdin" and closed the VoiceAttack

4. Clicked active "rund voiceattack as an amdin"

5. Ran OB (2.7.10.19473) + mods and F-16 Viper module was recognized again (did not test others).

6. Re-ran OB 3 times, same pos results.

Something helped here but do not know exactly what? All other reinstallations etc did not help.

Somehow I think it was the "run voiceattack as an admin" issue as ricktoberfest suggested/mentioned (thanks gent!)

Cheers!

• Like 1

Hello, after three weeks with the program VaicomPro huge problems have (Until now has not yet responded to a command )I tried this :DCS F-16C Viper VoiceAttack by Bailey v2.0.0 and there my commands are recognized and implemented. No idea where the error is. I uploaded a log file, maybe someone can find my error. Otherwise the program comes down. Too bad for the 20 euros...

VAICOMPRO.log

On 2/13/2022 at 9:57 PM, Burner1111 said:

Max, thanks for the help. I managed to get it work. Basically what i did was:

1. I downgraded my OB to on older version (2.7.10.19402) and reinstalled Vaicom. Modules (F-18/F-16) were recognized.

2. Updated OB to new version (2.7.10.19473) and rechecked "run voiceattack as an admin" status - was active.

3. Clicked inactive "rund voiceattack as an amdin" and closed the VoiceAttack

4. Clicked active "rund voiceattack as an amdin"

5. Ran OB (2.7.10.19473) + mods and F-16 Viper module was recognized again (did not test others).

6. Re-ran OB 3 times, same pos results.

Something helped here but do not know exactly what? All other reinstallations etc did not help.

Somehow I think it was the "run voiceattack as an admin" issue as ricktoberfest suggested/mentioned (thanks gent!)

Cheers!

Hey mate! Sorry for late reply. Being Norwegian, DCS hasn't received much love lately, and I haven't visited the Forum for some weeks. 

Anyway I was referring to the VAICOM version and NOT DCS for downgrading. 

Wanna try one more time? You can find older VAICOM versions to download at the VAICOM download page. 

Https://www.vaicompro.com

Cheers!