Fixed View in VR - Reverb G2

TheHighwayman

- Reverb G2

- Nvidia 1080ti, drivers updated

When I launch DCS in VR, the view is fixed. I can actually use DCS, select an aircraft and fly it, but whatever way I turn my head, the view remains fixed forward. So, if I am flying and looking at my HUD, and turn my head 90 to the right, I am still looking at the HUD. 

This problem begins in the menu, so no matter where I turn my head, the menu remains fixed in front of me. 

Any ideas? Thank you!

Try resetting the environment in WMR.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

7 hours ago, TheHighwayman said:

- Reverb G2

- Nvidia 1080ti, drivers updated

When I launch DCS in VR, the view is fixed. I can actually use DCS, select an aircraft and fly it, but whatever way I turn my head, the view remains fixed forward. So, if I am flying and looking at my HUD, and turn my head 90 to the right, I am still looking at the HUD. 

This problem begins in the menu, so no matter where I turn my head, the menu remains fixed in front of me. 

Any ideas? Thank you!

Had the same issue.  The room has to be bright for the G2 to get and keep orientation. And it has to be bright in the room all the time, from the moment the G2 is plugged in.

AMD Ryzen 9 5950x, MSI MEG x570 Unify, G.Skill 128GB DDR4-3200, MSI RTX3090 Ventus 3x 24GB, Samsung PCIe 4.0 M.2 1TB 980 Pro, Seagate PCIe 4.0 M.2 2TB FireCuda 520, Quest 3

As above try resetting the room boundary/seated setup in the wmr portal, if it's not tracking then it's generally because it doesn't recognize the features of the space you're in. Does it load into the wmr cliff house ok if your start up the wmr portal?

For reference the G2 doesn't need bright light to track, indeed bright lighting can throw off the controller tracking but that's typically not an issue in DCS.

Mine setups and tracks perfectly in low level red lighting but I have it in quite a confined space with lots of features for it to identify and track. It will track with nothing but monitor light but occasionally drops down to 3dof at which point you need to reset the seated position.

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.

Thank you all. I tried these solutions, but they do not seem to work. The view is still frozen in VR, while it works on desktop. If I remove the VR headset, I can move the mouse on desktop. When I put the headset back on, the mouse is in the new position as on the desktop, but the view remains frozen. I cannot move the mouse in VR either. 

Try a different usb port ?

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

No, my G2 plugs into a USB C port, and I only have the one on the back panel of the PC. 

By uninstalling and reinstalling Steam VR and WMR, I have SOMETIMES got past the menu screen, and it lets me fly. However, when I open the menu to change a setting, that freezes the game in VR and on Desktop. I have to CTRL-ALT-DEL to shut it down.

These problems started when I reinstalled Windows a few weeks ago because I was having problems with FS2020 and could not figure them out. Now FS2020 works fine, but DCS and IL2 crash in VR. 

I wonder if overclocking is part of this? Perhaps when I wiped Windows, it deleted my overclocking settings? Those were set by manufacturer, and I can probably fix them with a tutorial, although I don't know if they were affected at all. 

Still can't figure this one out. I'd upgrade the card, or buy a new computer, but the prices right now are simply ridiculous.