AI Orbit Then Intercept

KelGun

Hi all! Any thoughts on how to have a flight of AI aircraft takeoff, fly to an orbit point, and hold there. Then intercept and engage any aircraft that enter into a trigger zone? The idea is to have an AI CAP flight orbit in a no-fly zone. then engage any aircraft that enter the zone. Thanks in advance. 

Use a Condition on the orbit task, off the top of my head. When the bandit enter the zone set a flag, that flag (when true/set) will be the Stop condition of the orbit. 

i6700k 4.4mhz, 32Gb, nVidia 1080, Odyssey+, CH Products, Derek Speare Designs button box, Bass shaker w/SimShaker For Aviators

Do you have access to CombatFlite?

Intel i9 10900K (OC to 5.3), 32 GB Fury 3200 MHz, GeFORCE RTX 2080 Ti (OC), NVMe KIOIXA 1.8 TB, Toshiba 1.8 TB (7200), Killer E3000 2.5 GB Ethernet, Realtek 7.1 Sound w/ Logitech 560, Alienware keyboard/mouse, HP Reverb 2, and Thrustmaster Warthog (FA-18C).  Use DCS 2.8 with no mods.

You may have to trick them because they will agro on any spotted enemies in range.  Make enemy units invisible for certain waypoints until you want them to be "spotted".  The AI should follow their tasks unless they spot some food.  😀