Disappointing frame rate handle Syria Map

RWC

Hi friends,

i do not know if anyone else has this issue with the Syria map. Unless one has a superhigh-end PC , the Syria map is for me almost not possible to use or design in in the mission editor, unless i run all settings in a low state. Unlike the other maps , this map requires a lot of memory and CPU and i almost regret buying it. The loading time is crazy long , let alone trying to populate the map in the editor ! All my other maps run great in medium to high settings and as a user i don't want to go lower then that of course.

I wonder if anyone else have these issues too and/or have a solution.

* PC: Intel genuine i7 , 16 GB DDR5, GeForce RTX 3060 12GB DDR6 🙄

Any suggestions welcome friends, Thanks in advance.

RWC

• Thanks 1

@RWC

See the previous post.

IMHO 16gb memory is on the border of what's needed for this map.

Make sure you have enough virtual memory. Also, cleanup and repair may be needed.

• Like 1

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

I wouldn't know since I run it quite smoothly, but lowering pre-charge ratio usually helps with those eternal loading times so perhaps that and your 16Gb Ram has something to do with it. I hope of course you're running from SSD, it's a huge difference. Also your specs only say it's an i7 but those can be quite a lot since long time ago and not always the older i7s can run it that easily. Bottleneck happens with high end software like DCS.

• Thanks 1

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice