Skyhawk control issue

Hi All,

I've downloaded and installed the A4E-c mod as per the instructions that come with the mod.

I have no previous versions of the skyhawk installed. I have never installed the skyhawk to anything other than the saved games/mods folder

I've also downloaded the correct redistributables and restarted my PC. I run a 64bit system and have both the x64 and x86 redistributables installed.

The mod appears in game but when I access missions I can't fly the skyhawk. Also, no missions appear in the tutorial section despite there being some in the mod file.

I haven't found a solution in the forums yet that works.

It's worth noting my saved games folder is on my C Drive with my windows install but my DCS folder is on a separate SSD (I don't think this should really matter but does it?)

Thanks

Edited by Shibbyland

Thanks for the input but I've already done that. 

I've done the installation as per the instructions. I have no previous versions anywhere on my PC. I have installed the correct redistributables.

For clarity. The module has installed, the icon is there, the aircraft is available in mission editor, the music is there in the menu...it has installed, I just can't actually fly it, only watch it flying around. 

I know the stated fix for that is redistributables but I've already installed those and restarted my PC.

Attach your dcs.log file to gather more clues about your issue.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Hi Rudel

I've attached the most recently modified log file (unfortunately it's titled old, I don't appear to have a plain .log available).

I've got two zipped folders titled dcs.log-20200310-094750 and dcs.log-20201021-053735 but these haven't been modified since october 2020 and one of them is larger than 5mb and can't be uploaded to the forum.

Greatly appreciate the help, skyhawk module looks great, just a shame I can't figure this issue out.

dcs.log.old

1 hour ago, Shibbyland said:

I've attached the most recently modified log file (unfortunately it's titled old, I don't appear to have a plain .log available).

Hello,

This error line catches my attention:

ERROR   EDCORE: Failed to load C:/Users/Sam/Saved Games/DCS/Mods/aircraft/A-4E-C/bin/A-4E-C.dll: (127) The specified procedure could not be found.

Please, check the path of the message .. the file A-4E-C.dll exists?   If it is not there, then your Antivirus might have quarentined it, check the AV logs to be sure.  If it is indeed the AV, then add a file exclusion to it, so that it does not delete it again, and then recover the file from the original Mod distribution (or take it out of the quarentine, if possible).

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Hi Rudel,

The file A-4E-C.dll is in the bin folder as per the file path above. My AV has not quarantined the file. I wonder why the procedure can't be found. Any other ideas?

The only other thing I can think is I transferred DCS from one hard drive to another some time ago (by just moving them over rather than a fresh download) and then changed the shortcut directory to use the location on the new drive. However, all my saved games work just fine, the ability to control the A-4 is the only issue I'm having.

26 minutes ago, Shibbyland said:

Any other ideas?

Relocating the dcs folder should not cause issues, but I’m out of ideas … perhaps ask for help on the A-4 discord: https://discord.gg/nD7JG65C

maybe someone there has had the same problem.