When will we get the voices for Petrovich?

Stratos
Go to solution Solved by NineLine,

Some of his voice lines are already referenced in the game files and give a good idea of what functionality we can expect.   

'Petrovich_ON', --START
    'Petrovich_OFF', --END
    '_Delimiter', --DELIMITER

'', --PILOT_COMMENCE,
    '', --PILOT_CEASE,

'Op_RogerSearch', --OP_ROGER,

'Op_AirDetected', --OP_SEE_AIR,
    'Op_GroundDetected', --OP_SEE_GROUND,

'Op_1h', --OP_A1H,
    'Op_2h', --OP_A2H,
    'Op_3h', --OP_A3H,
    'Op_4h', --OP_A4H,
    'Op_5h', --OP_A5H,
    'Op_6h', --OP_A6H,
    'Op_7h', --OP_A7H,
    'Op_8h', --OP_A8H,
    'Op_9h', --OP_A9H,
    'Op_10h', --OP_A10H,
    'Op_11h', --OP_A11H,
    'Op_12h', --OP_A12H,

'Op_d100', --OP_D100M,
    'Op_d200', --OP_D200M,
    'Op_d300', --OP_D300M,
    'Op_d400', --OP_D400M,
    'Op_d500', --OP_D500M,
    'Op_d600', --OP_D600M,
    'Op_d700', --OP_D700M,
    'Op_d800', --OP_D800M,
    'Op_d900', --OP_D900M,
    'Op_d1000', --OP_D1000M,

'Op_d1_1-5k', --OP_D1_1p5k,
    'Op_d1-5_2k', --OP_D1p5_2k,
    'Op_d2_2-5k', --OP_D2_2p5k,
    'Op_d2-5_3k', --OP_D2p5_3k,
    'Op_d3_3-5k', --OP_D3_3p5k,
    'Op_d3-5_4k', --OP_D3p5_4k,
    'Op_d4_4-5k', --OP_D4_4p5k,
    'Op_d4-5_5k', --OP_D4p5_5k,
    'Op_d5_6k', --OP_D5_6k,
    'Op_d6_7k', --OP_D6_7k,
    'Op_d7_8k', --OP_D7_8k,
    'Op_d8_9k', --OP_D8_9k,
    'Op_d9_10k', --OP_D9_10k,
    'Op_d10k', --OP_D10k,

'Op_TargetHigher', --OP_TARGET_HIGHER,
    'Op_TargetLower', --OP_TARGET_LOWER,

'Op_Heli',  --OP_HELI,
    'Op_Helis',  --OP_HELIS,
    'Op_CombatHeli',  --OP_COMBATHELI,
    'Op_CombatHelis',  --OP_COMBATHELIS,
    'Op_TransportHeli',  --OP_TRANSPORTHELI,
    'Op_TransportHelis',  --OP_TRANSPORTHELIS,
    'Op_Unmanned',  --OP_UNMANNED,
    'Op_PropPlane',  --OP_PROPPLANE,
    'Op_PropPlanes',  --OP_PROPPLANES,
    'Op_Jet',  --OP_JET,
    'Op_Jets',  --OP_JETS,

'Op_WhiteSmoke',  --OP_WHITESMOKE,
    'Op_RedSmoke',  --OP_REDSMOKE,
    'Op_OrangeSmoke',  --OP_ORANGESMOKE,
    'Op_YellowSmoke',  --OP_YELLOWSMOKE,
    'Op_GreenSmoke',  --OP_GREENSMOKE,
    'Op_BlueSmoke',  --OP_BLUESMOKE,
    'Op_BlackSmoke',  --OP_BLACKSMOKE,

'Op_Armored',  --OP_ARMORED,
    'Op_Truck',  --OP_TRUCK,
    'Op_Trucks',  --OP_TRUCKS,
    'Op_Infantry',  --OP_INFANTRY,
    'Op_SrSam',  --OP_SRSAM,
    'Op_MrSam',  --OP_MRSAM,
    'Op_LrSam',  --OP_LRSAM,
    'Op_Spaag',  --OP_SPAAG,
    'Op_zu23',  --OP_ZU23,
    'Op_GroupSomething',  --OP_GROUPSOMETHING,
    'Op_Ships',  --OP_SHIPS,
    'Op_Ship',  --OP_SHIP,

'Op_Launch_1',  --OP_LAUNCH,

'Op_1unit',  --OP_1UNIT,
    'Op_2units',  --OP_2UNITS,
    'Op_3units',  --OP_3UNITS,
    'Op_to5units',  --OP_TO5UNITS,
    'Op_5to7units',  --OP_5TO7UNITS,
    'Op_8to10units',  --OP_8TO10UNITS,
    'Op_about15units',  --OP_ABOUT15UNITS,
    'Op_morethan15units',  --OP_MORETHAN15UNITS,

'Op_Single',  --OP_SINGLE,
    'Op_Group',  --OP_GROUP,

Looks like he can spot type of unit (or smoke), heading, approximate distance and unit group size. I wonder if 'Op_Launch_1' is in reference to a SAM launch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Untitled-2.png

56 minutes ago, Jun said:

Some of his voice lines are already referenced in the game files and give a good idea of what functionality we can expect.   

Looks like he can spot type of unit (or smoke), heading, approximate distance and unit group size. I wonder if 'Op_Launch_1' is in reference to a SAM launch.

I think it is in reference to the “LAUNCH” subtitle you see when firing an ATGM. I heard that they plan some sort of missile detection, I would assume it would be more complex like jester in that regard in saying something like “missile launch two o clock”

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

I just do not fly the Mi-24P without the voice of Petrovich. It is really painful during an attack run to watch out for the message "in range" when it appears in the corner. At least some voice overs would be great like "Fire/Missile off", "Target In range", "Target Hit", "Target Missed", "Weapons Ready", "Countermeasures employed", "Countermeasures out".  Using the Hind without voice overs from the CPG makes it very unrealistic regardless of systems modeling in my opinion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr_Arrow said:

I just do not fly the Mi-24P without the voice of Petrovich. It is really painful during an attack run to watch out for the message "in range" when it appears in the corner. At least some voice overs would be great like "Fire/Missile off", "Target In range", "Target Hit", "Target Missed", "Weapons Ready", "Countermeasures employed", "Countermeasures out".  Using the Hind without voice overs from the CPG makes it very unrealistic regardless of systems modeling in my opinion.

That’s an idea I hope they implement, if it sees missile launch it automatically launches flares in current program 

For me it’s looking out for target type in upper right hand corner that is hard, so much easier to see the list on bottom left, ground targets are usually closer to the bottom of the screen then the top….

• Like 1

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

It's quite painful to see that not only does the apache have its voice lines done, it seems to have voice lines done for up to 4 separate wing men, each being unique. Seems like the Hinds VA should have been finished before hand. Even if just the basics

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Morri said:

It's quite painful to see that not only does the apache have its voice lines done, it seems to have voice lines done for up to 4 separate wing men, each being unique. Seems like the Hinds VA should have been finished before hand. Even if just the basics

Here:

We will not get it anytime soon I think. The team is busy with other thigs, I am disappointed but expecting the VOs to be one of the last things before it gets to the "released" state. Looking at the current progress pace, I am expecting Q2 2024. 

• Like 2

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

5 hours ago, admiki said:

Here:

Ah thanks, nice to know that they released an early access module and then moved most devs to the apache. Tells you priorities. I would expected them to prioritize the existing paid for one rather than just develop a new heli

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Morri said:

Ah thanks, nice to know that they released an early access module and then moved most devs to the apache. Tells you priorities. I would expected them to prioritize the existing paid for one rather than just develop a new heli

You must be relatively new around here. With DCS never ever buy into early access unless you will be absolutely sure that you will enjoy what you are buying, and have no illusions that you might not see progress on the module for a long time. It's been this way for quite a while, especially with regards to modules from Eagle Dynamics. 

• Like 2

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

14 hours ago, Morri said:

It's quite painful to see that not only does the apache have its voice lines done, it seems to have voice lines done for up to 4 separate wing men, each being unique.

What? Where you have got that from?

Edit: I hope you are not referring to the video from casmo - because those were 4 human pilots (beta testers).

As far as I know, Casmo will voice George.

Edited by Hiob

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

20 hours ago, Morri said:

It's quite painful to see that not only does the apache have its voice lines done

It doesn't: George will not be voiced in EA, same as Petrovich.
Page 336 of the "quick" start guide:

George currently communicates via on-screen text messages only. George will acknowledge commands, flight directions, weapon assignments, and when he can’t perform a requested order. Voiceovers and reactions will be added in a later update.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

20 hours ago, Stratos said:

Still annoying. Long time since release and still without the voices, that post is just a polite way of saying "2 weeks"

In this case it's not even that. We were told to shut up with no option to respond

• Like 2

3 hours ago, admiki said:

In this case it's not even that. We were told to shut up with no option to respond

At least Petro was told the same before we were.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

9 hours ago, Jagdgeschwader said:

What does DCS have to do with current events?

Nothing.

As much (or even less) than other games like Call of Duty, CSGO, Warthunder.... etc - you name it. Every second Entertainment product, be it games or movies, is about war. And nobody gives a dime usually.

🙄

Edited by Hiob

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

On 1/3/2022 at 8:04 PM, Stratos said:

should have been a day 1 feature.

In my view the very point of Early Access is that some features will be missing. What features impact the purchase decision is a personal choice. For some waiting for somebody else's "must have day 1 feature" is a pointless delay. If a missing feature really is a show-stopper then it should be reflected in EA sales.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

20 hours ago, hector_evc said:

Today with the current events, I don't want to hear petrovich's voice . Regards.

You are more than welcome to quit DCS althogether.

11 hours ago, Jagdgeschwader said:

What does DCS have to do with current events?

1 hour ago, Hiob said:

Nothing.

As much (or even less) than other games like Call of Duty, CSGO, Warthunder.... etc - you name it. Every second Entertainment product, be it games or movies, is about war. And nobody gives a dime usually.

🙄

This is more than anything else about jumping on bandwagon and virtue signaling.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Baldrick33 said:

In my view the very point of Early Access is that some features will be missing. What features impact the purchase decision is a personal choice. For some waiting for somebody else's "must have day 1 feature" is a pointless delay. If a missing feature really is a show-stopper then it should be reflected in EA sales.

The fact that a two seater gunship AI copilot is not talking is a serious issue, can you imagine the F14 mod without Jester? regarding EA sales It will be reflected on my part. I will noy buy the Apache until they add the Petro and George voices.

• Like 3

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

9 minutes ago, Stratos said:
1 hour ago, Baldrick33 said:

The fact that a two seater gunship AI copilot is not talking is a serious issue, can you imagine the F14 mod without Jester? regarding EA sales It will be reflected on my part. I will noy buy the Apache until they add the Petro and George voices.

Which is exactly my point. With Early Access you get to choose if there are features that would be considered essential you will wait for. In my case I have had a lot of fun flying the Hind, so I am happy I had the opportunity to get it before certain features were ready.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

...and in all seriousness:

I would love the english voice of Petrovic to have a strong russian accent! 😄 But I guess that would be seen as offensive in today's world....

Edited by Hiob