When will we get the voices for Petrovich?

Stratos
Go to solution Solved by NineLine,

1 hour ago, NineLine said:

Hey guys, just to chime in here, I talked to Kate about the VO on the Hind and how eager everyone (me too) are for it and its just be a scheduling issue with the "voice" of Petrovich, I dont know the reasoning behind the scheduling issues, sure I could guess or assume, but that's all we have. It was desired to release the VO along with the AH-64, but it just didnt work out, that said, its close enough now that it very well could be the next major update after this weeks. Thanks.

Thanks for the status update. I marked it as the opening question Solution.

• Like 1

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

4 hours ago, NineLine said:

Hey guys, just to chime in here, I talked to Kate about the VO on the Hind and how eager everyone (me too) are for it and its just be a scheduling issue with the "voice" of Petrovich, I dont know the reasoning behind the scheduling issues, sure I could guess or assume, but that's all we have. It was desired to release the VO along with the AH-64, but it just didnt work out, that said, its close enough now that it very well could be the next major update after this weeks. Thanks.

That's great news, thanks NineLine. Might I ask what languages the VO will be available in? And I'm guessing it'll be selectable under the special options tab?

Edit: Found the answer here: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/2021-04-30/ - we're getting both English and Russian voices.

Edited by Malakhit

Btw. George has a voice from beginning !? :surprise:

• Like 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

2 hours ago, NineLine said:

Yes, as we were using SMEs voices it went a little quicker getting them to record.

While I appreciate feedback, I really can't accept your explanation why we don't have VO for Petrovich as of yet. Recording can't be that hard to do, it's been way over half a year since Hind release and coding is apparently already there if George is ready to talk from day 1. 

Edited by admiki
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2022 at 7:36 PM, NineLine said:

Any idea if Petrovich will be able to IFF? or let us know what target it is?  for example M1A1 Abrams tank. 

• ED Team
1 hour ago, ak22 said:

Any idea if Petrovich will be able to IFF? or let us know what target it is?  for example M1A1 Abrams tank. 

Right now its an issue with George as well, we will be adding something simple right now so your AI pilot doesnt kill friendlies and later down the road we will want to make it a little more complex and robust. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

30 minutes ago, NineLine said:

Right now its an issue with George as well, we will be adding something simple right now so your AI pilot doesnt kill friendlies and later down the road we will want to make it a little more complex and robust. 

ok great happy their will simple fix I racked up many teamkills.. lol in intense fluid environments. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/16/2022 at 8:36 PM, NineLine said:

Seeing that in the next Friday Official Newsletter will see some talk about the R-60M and that we're suposed to get the Petrovich voices in the next big update, will we get the info about the voices next Friday? Thanks!

• Like 1

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

13 hours ago, Stratos said:

Seeing that in the next Friday Official Newsletter will see some talk about the R-60M

Don't get your hopes up yet, the newsletter said we'll see more information in the next development report, which might as well be months away😬

• Like 5

Untitled-2.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There is still a long list of bugs and needed improvments...
These are since so long not yet fixed.

For sure the Apache is money for ED but I spent also my money nearly one years ago for the Hind.

I am waiting to see significant progress over the next few months because it is getting really frustrating!
Especially when you are flying almost 100% with the beast in a virtual squadron  and that you see that Apaches are more developed than an aircraft released 12 months ago.🤨
I no longer expect announcements but facts 😉

• Like 1

On 3/16/2022 at 1:36 PM, NineLine said:

Any progress on this?  Love the Apache but the Hind has seniority …. And the hind not having fancy western sensors in my opinion needs this progress more….

• Like 2

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/31/2022 at 2:48 PM, NineLine said:

Thanks for the comments, Nineline! Great to see the work being done.

One thing I was curious about, and apologies if it's been answered elsewhere, but is it possible that the Co-Pilots are going to get the ability to call out SAM/AAA fire as a bit of a RWR of sorts for the pilots? It would definitely be nice to have your co-pilot scanning (no idea if "CPG is looking at X-angle and only sees launches in this sector he can see" is possible) and call out something like "SAM launch, 5 O'clock!" just to give a little more situational awareness, especially being deep in the Hind's bathtub cockpit.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, aaronwhite said:

Thanks for the comments, Nineline! Great to see the work being done.

One thing I was curious about, and apologies if it's been answered elsewhere, but is it possible that the Co-Pilots are going to get the ability to call out SAM/AAA fire as a bit of a RWR of sorts for the pilots? It would definitely be nice to have your co-pilot scanning (no idea if "CPG is looking at X-angle and only sees launches in this sector he can see" is possible) and call out something like "SAM launch, 5 O'clock!" just to give a little more situational awareness, especially being deep in the Hind's bathtub cockpit.

It is not in the voice lines already present in game files shown on first page. I would be pretty sad if this wasn’t implemented. I don’t think Apache does it? Petro even has the flare panel. I would expect it to be able to flare on its own as well ED obviously thought about it as they did it via triggers in the instant action missions 

• Like 1

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

17 hours ago, AeriaGloria said:

It is not in the voice lines already present in game files shown on first page. I would be pretty sad if this wasn’t implemented. I don’t think Apache does it? Petro even has the flare panel. I would expect it to be able to flare on its own as well ED obviously thought about it as they did it via triggers in the instant action missions 

It would definitely be a nice touch. Even if it was just something that was a toggle you could select in the options for "CPG calls out threats" or something like that. Similarly with the flares, it would be nice to have an option in the in-flight menu where you can say "Petro, launch flares for threats" and have Petrovich say something like "SAM launch, 4 o'clock!" and automatically dump the flares you had configured. 

• Like 1