When will we get the voices for Petrovich?

Stratos
Go to solution Solved by NineLine,

Good to hear the news about the R-60 and the Kord MG, but when will we get the voices for Petrovich and the hability to not fire or tell us when his line of sight is blocked?? Thanks!

• Like 5

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

Thats true and Im sad due no this feature yet  :(. Voices of crew are very important. Now it looks like a castrated module compared to Apache where George is confirming orders (its not finished here too but a lot better!). Petrovich is quiet like a grave one year after.

On 3/16/2022 at 8:36 PM, NineLine said:

Hey guys, just to chime in here, I talked to Kate about the VO on the Hind and how eager everyone (me too) are for it and its just be a scheduling issue with the "voice" of Petrovich, I dont know the reasoning behind the scheduling issues, sure I could guess or assume, but that's all we have. It was desired to release the VO along with the AH-64, but it just didnt work out, that said, its close enough now that it very well could be the next major update after this weeks. Thanks.

So any new news about voice for Petro, even truncated version like Apache?

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

• 2 weeks later...

ED will inform us when there is something to share...as usual 😉
We have already received the R-60M, the Kord is going to be available very soon, so when we know how things are going, we'll probably have to wait a few more months to hear from Petrovitch...since it seems that his voice is more complicated to integrate than Georges'...

1 hour ago, Razorback said:

ED will inform us when there is something to share...as usual 😉
We have already received the R-60M, the Kord is going to be available very soon, so when we know how things are going, we'll probably have to wait a few more months to hear from Petrovitch...since it seems that his voice is more complicated to integrate than Georges'...

I doubt it’s more complicated, just these “scheduling” issues 

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

12 hours ago, AeriaGloria said:

I doubt it’s more complicated, just these “scheduling” issues 

Clear, you are absolutely right.
Complicated was a little bit ironic in the sense of my sentence.
Not a question of complexity but rather of priority...

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to mod and add some basic voice overs that match the TEXT MESSIAGE DIALOGS?  This would be an amazing step one as it's already cumbersome to look up and right/ combined with looking down to see if Petrovitch sees anything or if he did and you can select a target.  

If so, which files would they be?

• 4 weeks later...

@NineLineMid-March 2022 : "its close enough now that it very well could be the next major update after this weeks."
It could be nice to have some news because we are more than 04 months later since this annoucement, many updates but still no voice for Petrovitch.

Soon, very soon, delayed after other or new priorities ???
Many Thxxxx

Edited by Razorback
  • Like 1

• ED Team

Hi, 

Petrovich voice is still planned, but is taking longer than expected, I can not give any ETA at the moment, but I have raised this thread with the team project manager. 

thank you

• Thanks 6

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

14 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi, 

Petrovich voice is still planned, but is taking longer than expected, I can not give any ETA at the moment, but I have raised this thread with the team project manager. 

thank you

This feature is loooong delayed, hope it gains some priority.

• Like 2

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

some simple calls are enough at least for now. Like "Missile incoming 3 o'clock!" or "target in range" etc.

Non speaking copilots is a big general problem in dcs. (huey and mi-8 crew also don't talk at all)

• Like 2

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

On 8/6/2022 at 10:21 AM, ebabil said:

Non speaking copilots is a big general problem in dcs. (huey and mi-8 crew also don't talk at all)

I get Huey and Hind, but the Mi-8 crew don't do anything that'd be worth saying, do they? Aren't they just cockpit ornaments?

They are suppose to be doing things like taking care of autopilot, spotting targets or threats, status of the helicopter, fuel level, warnings etc. Gunners may talk as well. 

• Like 1

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I'm hoping this delay is signaling them getting more advanced AI features finalised rather than pure voice acting issues.  It would make sense that they'd pull in the voice actor when there's a well established "final" set of voice parts rather than keep getting the guy back as development moves and changes.  It might suggest they were waiting on the new AI IFF or possibly even more advanced AI features such as calling out targets or missile launches.

• Like 1

On 8/14/2022 at 7:27 AM, PickleMonster said:

I'm hoping this delay is signaling them getting more advanced AI features finalised rather than pure voice acting issues.  It would make sense that they'd pull in the voice actor when there's a well established "final" set of voice parts rather than keep getting the guy back as development moves and changes.  It might suggest they were waiting on the new AI IFF or possibly even more advanced AI features such as calling out targets or missile launches.

18 hours ago, Бойовий Сокіл said:

Goes to show how ahead of the game Heatblur were with their Jester AI.

I would hope that their game plan is more oriented towards: "OK, this is what capabilities we will have, so this is what we need to record"  instead of  "OK, let's wait until we see what we will  maybe have and then we will record for that."

• Like 1

I see that our CPG starts to talk! Finally 😍

DCS: Mi-24P by Eagle Dynamics

• Added. First wave of voice-overs for Petrovich AI. Same amount as in AH-64D, more coming with future updates.
  • Like 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro