When will we get the voices for Petrovich?

Stratos
Go to solution Solved by NineLine,

Seriously, leave politics out of it.

In today's world, anything and everything is “offensive” - real or imagined.

Back on topic: thing is that Petrovich/George being text only wasn’t announced beforehand (or if it was, I missed it). Both helicopters will be hangar queens until that’s fixed, and yes it will definitely affect my future willingness to buy into EA.

I just hope ED doesn’t shoot itself in the foot with this: we know they need the EA money to stay in business, but if they omit important features on day 1, it will affect their revenue.

AI voices are not important for MP squadrons, but they are for those of us who fly SP (and even more so in VR).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

9 minutes ago, Raven (Elysian Angel) said:

thing is that Petrovich/George being text only wasn’t announced beforehand (or if it was, I missed it).

You missed it.

Quote from Product Page: "or "Petrovich" AI (basic AI level during early access phase)"

Quote from known issues: "Petrovich subtitles and voice overs are - W.I.P. "

And from memory I'm pretty sure that Wags mentioned it in the Videos as well, but I won't go back and check it for you.

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

I don't mind that Petrovich was numb at the release. It was known. What bugs me is the fact that ED pulled Hind team to work on Apache while important things are missing and when questioned told us to shut up. 

I pre-ordered both Hind and Apache, but this will definitely influence my future purchases.

• Like 4

I think a lot of us are getting along okay without CPG voice. I've even done a couple multicrew sorties in the front seat with no comms. As long as you have a good idea of what the other pilot needs it works fairly well.

There's actually at least 1 voice line available since ea release. If you encounter a SAM/MANPAD launch in single player, Petrovich will warn you and tell you to flare (in English).

Edited by randomTOTEN

I have a hunch this next open beta is going to contain a LOT of new updates and features across the board, including the Hind. I know the Apache is a huge deal for most people but ED has the other modules to keep up as well. I'm confident the Hind is going to get some major add ons here when the Apache arrives.

2 hours ago, admiki said:

What bugs me is the fact that ED pulled Hind team to work on Apache.

What does that even mean. Such a project divides in several distinguishable tasks. 3D-Model, Art work (textures), flight model, systems modeling, sound, testing.

Some tasks may hold to a stop, while they wait for others to complete.

When they transfer people, how do you know which ones? Resource management is not trivial.

So relax!

• Like 2

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

5 hours ago, Hiob said:

What does that even mean. Such a project divides in several distinguishable tasks. 3D-Model, Art work (textures), flight model, systems modeling, sound, testing.

Some tasks may hold to a stop, while they wait for others to complete.

When they transfer people, how do you know which ones? Resource management is not trivial.

So relax!

Did you read that thread I linked before? Someone asked what is happening and we were told to shut up by BN. You may argue he didn't say that, but saying "we'll get back to you when we have something" and then locking the thread is exactly that. I don't care how many people they pulled, that is not how you treat your customers. If ED wants any more of my money after this, they are going to have to try harder

• Like 5

2 hours ago, admiki said:

Did you read that thread I linked before? Someone asked what is happening and we were told to shut up by BN. You may argue he didn't say that, but saying "we'll get back to you when we have something" and then locking the thread is exactly that. I don't care how many people they pulled, that is not how you treat your customers. If ED wants any more of my money after this, they are going to have to try harder

The manchild has spoken!!!!

• Like 1

Hi,

Yes, unfortunately we are currently not hearing whether we will receive relevant updates for the Mi-24 in the upcoming update. In general, in the last few months, there was no information about planned updates that would knock your socks off. A new pilot's model with a pilot's watch... well, wow... 

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

19 minutes ago, kotor633 said:

Hi,

Yes, unfortunately we are currently not hearing whether we will receive relevant updates for the Mi-24 in the upcoming update. In general, in the last few months, there was no information about planned updates that would knock your socks off. A new pilot's model with a pilot's watch... well, wow... 

well there was that newsletter saying we would get right door gunners with Kord soon, maybe next patch. Then after that we get left door gunners. Also new FLIR modeling is coming with Apache, and I think they also mentioned R-60 is the recent newsletter with the door gunner also. With new the FIR modeling from Apache, not much is keeping them from adding the R-60 where people will finally realize the best air to air weapon it has is 9M220O….

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

On 3/10/2022 at 3:38 PM, Hiob said:

Quote from Product Page: "or "Petrovich" AI (basic AI level during early access phase)"

Basic AI level can mean a lot of different things. It could mean simply acknowledging player commands, while the ability to call out incoming fire for exampe could come later.

On 3/10/2022 at 3:38 PM, Hiob said:

Quote from known issues: "Petrovich subtitles and voice overs are - W.I.P. "

"Known issues" means that was a comment that was made on release day. Too late for people who pre-ordered.

Anyway, I know what to expect now, so I learned my lesson...
Oh and I happily admit I'd probably have had a lot fewer issues with missing voice lines if we weren't spoiled by Heatblur's Jester.

Edited by Raven (Elysian Angel)
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

• ED Team
On 3/10/2022 at 2:55 PM, admiki said:

What bugs me is the fact that ED pulled Hind team to work on Apache

It was not the whole HIND team and the ones who were pulled to help on the AH-64D are already back working on the HIND. 

We say it alot but you will need to be patient, these projects are complex and require a lot of work which does take time. 

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On 3/10/2022 at 2:55 PM, admiki said:

I don't mind that Petrovich was numb at the release. It was known. What bugs me is the fact that ED pulled Hind team to work on Apache while important things are missing and when questioned told us to shut up. 

I pre-ordered both Hind and Apache, but this will definitely influence my future purchases.

What "Whole Hind team to whork on Apache"? Do you dont read the develop updates?

Mi-24P Hind

Development Progress

Because much of our Mi-24P team has been assisting with the AH-64D project, you may have noticed that updates have been slim recently. Nevertheless, we do have good progress in the weapons department. Work on the rear gunner cabin is finished, and we are working on the gunner model itself and AI behaviour. The rear cabin will contain a Kord 12.7 mm heavy machine gun that you may have tried in DCS: Mi-8MTV2. 

Apart from rear gunner position, we are making good progress on integration of the R-60 air-to-air missile. The design of the cockpit panel and functionality aspects of this missile is almost feature complete. We are planning to make this missile available before remodeling IR-missile guidance in DCS.

In the avionics systems department, we have finished work on "Greben" course navigation system code refactoring. We have also worked on the magnetic adjustment capabilities of the KM-2 panel in the front cockpit. 

• Like 2

On 3/10/2022 at 5:32 AM, Hiob said:

...and in all seriousness:

I would love the english voice of Petrovic to have a strong russian accent! 😄 But I guess that would be seen as offensive in today's world....

It wouldn't in the slightest.

• Like 2

On 3/14/2022 at 8:47 PM, BIGNEWY said:

It was not the whole HIND team and the ones who were pulled to help on the AH-64D are already back working on the HIND. 

We say it alot but you will need to be patient, these projects are complex and require a lot of work which does take time. 

thank you

While I appreciate how complex this products I fear you making the F-16C mistake all over again, maybe you can focus more on one module before making another one.

Edited by ak22
  • Like 1

On 3/14/2022 at 9:32 PM, Expert said:

Who is Petrovich ?

😂 the AI guy in the DCS Hind

12 minutes ago, ak22 said:

While I appreciate how complex this products I fear you making the F-16C mistake all over again, maybe you can focus more on one module before making another one.

With AH-64D impacting Hind like Viper impacted Hornet? Nah, c'mon, can't be. Can it?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

• ED Team
3 hours ago, ak22 said:

While I appreciate how complex this products I fear you making the F-16C mistake all over again, maybe you can focus more on one module before making another one

With all due respect, the F-16 was a launch state issue which has long been resolved, the Mi-24 was a successful launch and we have continued to work on it during its early access, please dont confuse. Thanks

• Like 3

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

50 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

With all due respect, the F-16 was a launch state issue which has long been resolved, the Mi-24 was a successful launch and we have continued to work on it during its early access, please dont confuse. Thanks

Well lets see when this continued developments bares fruit I'm just speaking from experience the hind is overdue Petrovich AI updates,  theirs has been talk of multicrew for ages for Mi-8 we are still waiting.  I just wish ED would focus more one completing products before starting a new one, but I guess that is ED business model. ED has  some real talent  its  just a shame the way modules are released and handled.

When your AI gunner can't tell you if he is targeting a friendly or not, or what vehicle it is (Name e.g. M1A abrams not TANK)  it is very frustrating. 

Edited by ak22
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Gierasimov said:

😂 the AI guy in the DCS Hind

With AH-64D impacting Hind like Viper impacted Hornet? Nah, c'mon, can't be. Can it?

Its starting to frustrate me even more so as we don't have dynamic campaign, so we wait years for the module to be finish and we don't get a campaign with the module as its not ready for campaign.. I'm my eyes AI overhaul, Dynamic campaign and competent wingman should of been done years ago. Maybe its time to go back to the good old F-16 simulator

Edited by ak22

9 minutes ago, ak22 said:

Its starting to frustrate me even more so as we don't have dynamic campaign, so we wait years for the module to be finish and we don't get a campaign with the module as its not ready for campaign.. I'm my eyes AI overhaul, Dynamic campaign and competent wingman should of been done years ago. Maybe its time to go back to the good old F-16 simulator

RTS Dynamic campaing has on progress... and that no have nothing related with module develop.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

• ED Team
13 minutes ago, ak22 said:

Well lets see when this continued developments bares fruit I'm just speaking from experience the hind is overdue Petrovich AI updates,  theirs has been talk of multicrew for ages for Mi-8 we are still waiting.  I just wish ED would focus more one completing products before starting a new one, but I guess that is ED business model. ED has  some real talent  its  just a shame the way modules are released and handled.

When your AI gunner can't tell you if he is targeting a friendly or not, or what vehicle it is (Name e.g. M1A abrams not TANK)  it is very frustrating. 

Development continues, the teams are aware of the issues, this is what early access is for. Again I don't want to keep repeating myself, early access takes time, some understand this some dont. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• ED Team
  • Solution

Hey guys, just to chime in here, I talked to Kate about the VO on the Hind and how eager everyone (me too) are for it and its just be a scheduling issue with the "voice" of Petrovich, I dont know the reasoning behind the scheduling issues, sure I could guess or assume, but that's all we have. It was desired to release the VO along with the AH-64, but it just didnt work out, that said, its close enough now that it very well could be the next major update after this weeks. Thanks.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 8

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png