Will next WWII aircraft module made by ED be released in 2022?

dcn

• ED Team
2 hours ago, dcn said:

Is it Me 262?

56 minutes ago, grafspee said:

Me 262 is canceled 

Hi,

I have no news to share currently about the Me262 or what the next module will be, future newsletters will be the best source for information.

@dcn wow your cat in your avatar looks like its been to hell and back.

• Like 3

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

The interview with Nick Grey mentioned the Hellcat quite a bit, also Battle of Britain aircraft appeared likely.

The Mosquito is in the wild, personally I am very surprised there hasn’t been an ED WW2 2022 module (or theatre if they were to concentrate on the BoB for 2022) announcement by now. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grafspee said:

Me 262 is canceled 

I'm afraid you are right. ED hides behind the research curtain. That way they can push the 262 the next 8 years along. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

Edited by iFoxRomeo
Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

I don't know it looks more like a bear then a tiger on this bf109 picture.

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

While i would love battle of britain we do now have several 42-43 planes on the Allied side but not on the German. I feel it would be better to expand this this part of the war.

"A battle of britain project " would require a lot in full modules and Ai planes.

Me110, Stuka, Hurricane,  early spitfire,  109e, He111  that's about 15 years of DCS development if these are all gonna be playable. 

Even if just hurricane and early spit  vs 109e and stuka is playable.  We are still talking many years of development. I mean it took 7 years to get an Ai c47

• Like 1

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

50 minutes ago, Gunfreak said:

While i would love battle of britain we do now have several 42-43 planes on the Allied side but not on the German. I feel it would be better to expand this this part of the war.

"A battle of britain project " would require a lot in full modules and Ai planes.

Me110, Stuka, Hurricane,  early spitfire,  109e, He111  that's about 15 years of DCS development if these are all gonna be playable. 

Even if just hurricane and early spit  vs 109e and stuka is playable.  We are still talking many years of development. I mean it took 7 years to get an Ai c47

For starters I’d say flyable Hurri, Spit Mk1 and Bf 109-E. AI 110, Ju87, He 111 and Ju88. There are others like the Do-17 and BP Defiant but you can make credible BoB missions with the suggested planeset. 

The Spit and 109 E are variants, the Hurri would be new, all 3 are available at Duxford and fit into the low hanging fruit category regarding data and pilot experience. The rest would be AI initially. ED suggest that they are more familiar with props now and their more simple and generic systems mean the development rate should increase?

From the 2022 teaser it seems the Normandy map is to be expanded, will it absorb the Channel map?

2 minutes ago, Mogster said:

For starters I’d say flyable Hurri, Spit Mk1 and Bf 109-E. AI 110, Ju87, He 111 and Ju88. There are others like the Do-17 and BP Defiant but you can make credible BoB missions with the suggested planeset. 

The Spit and 109 E are variants, the Hurri would be new, all 3 are available at Duxford and fit into the low hanging fruit category regarding data and pilot experience. The rest would be AI initially. ED suggest that they are more familiar with props now and their more simple and generic systems mean the development rate should increase?

From the 2022 teaser it seems the Normandy map is to be expanded, will it absorb the Channel map?

I have no idea about the channel map, if it will just become irrelevant or what. They are quite different in many regards in how detailed they are etc.

I have little hope in ED speeding up anything. The Mossie has been out like 4 months and still doesn't have a AI navigator,  except for a few cosmetics the only new thing it's gotten  since release are the rockets. You still can't even use it they way it's supposed to be used for lack of delayed fuses.

You also have another game that deals specifically with BOB, it's fallen in the shadows of DCS and the other big ww2 flight sim, but will hopefully get VR support and big graphical update soon and might be a big contender for being THE BOB flight sim.

• Like 4

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

19 minutes ago, Gunfreak said:

I have no idea about the channel map, if it will just become irrelevant or what. They are quite different in many regards in how detailed they are etc.

I have little hope in ED speeding up anything. The Mossie has been out like 4 months and still doesn't have a AI navigator,  except for a few cosmetics the only new thing it's gotten  since release are the rockets. You still can't even use it they way it's supposed to be used for lack of delayed fuses.

You also have another game that deals specifically with BOB, it's fallen in the shadows of DCS and the other big ww2 flight sim, but will hopefully get VR support and big graphical update soon and might be a big contender for being THE BOB flight sim.

I agree about the development rate, things do seem to have gone quiet lately. The AH-64 does seem like a massive project though.

Apparently the Normandy map is being updated and expanded, the 2022 teaser featured the Eiffel Tower and Big Ben. The advantage of the BoB is that as a theatre it’s neatly contained to a few months in 1940, you can have historical missions on a relatively small map and the aircraft types heavily involved are quite few. Also everyone’s heard of it, marketing gold… 

I do realise the BoB isn’t everyone’s choice though, so I’ll leave it there… 🤐

9 hours ago, Doc3908 said:

Either the F4U or the Lavochkin La-7 being developed by OctopusG. 

I wouldn’t hold your breath. Yo-Yo said a few weeks ago he hasn’t seen anything from Mag 3 or Mr Octopus. 

Edited by Mogster

22 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi,

I have no news to share currently about the Me262 or what the next module will be, future newsletters will be the best source for information.

@dcn wow your cat in your avatar looks like its been to hell and back.

hellcat tip? no news. just a tease hun xD

Edited by hmleao
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Mogster said:

I wouldn’t hold your breath. Yo-Yo said a few weeks ago he hasn’t seen anything from Mag 3 or Mr Octopus. 

Did you see the 24.12. post from Mr Octopus? Especially the last picture?

Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

39 minutes ago, iFoxRomeo said:

Did you see the 24.12. post from Mr Octopus? Especially the last picture?

The La-7 would be an absolute beast, especially at low to mid altitudes. A complex plane to manage according to both German and Eric Brown reports, with manual adjustment for all engine controls, but that would make it all the more rewarding to learn. The flight characteristics were apparently a delight, just a complex plane to manage with a high pilot workload 

PC: 9980XE @ 64GB RAM /2080Ti, Samsung C49RG90

Joystick bases: VKB GFIII, FSSB R3L, Brunner CLS-E, Virpil Mongoos CM2

Joystick grips: Realsimulator (F-18CGRH, F-16SGRH-CE), VKB (MCG Pro, F-14, KG-12), Virpil Warbrd

Throttles: Virpil CM2, Kantorrin,

Other: TrackIR, TM MFDx2 (Cubesim Screenx2), Virpil Control Panel 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/2/2022 at 9:38 AM, BIGNEWY said:

wow your cat in your avatar looks like its been to hell and back.

Pretty sure BIGNEWY just dropped a tease. Was this eluding to the F6F Hellcat?  One of the A6M Zero's primary opponents during the pacific war?  With the Marianas WW2 map coming, it makes sense the WW2 scene would make a shift to the pacific, which would be a perfect fit for the Hellcat.  We also have a carrier being released with Magnitudes F4U Corsair which would be another home for the Hellcat.  

From what I have researched, the F6F also ran with the same engine as the P-47 which we already have in game.  I would think when trying to simulate performance this would cut down on research time for a module. It was flown by the Navy, Marines, and Royal Navy.  All seeing combat and having a very high kill ratio and excellent performance during the war. 

This would make most sense for a future WW2 DCS module by ED standards.  It was iconic and the most preferred fighter in the Navy for the pacific.  It was also the biggest adversary of the Zero.  I think everyone knows we will be getting one of those in the future and I could not see ED missing the opportunity to pass that one up.  In my opinion, a Navy fighter would be the next logical stepping stone to enter into DCS WW2 pacific modules.

Grumman F6F Hellcat - Wikipedia

WWII Era F6F Hellcat Discovered Off Coast Of Florida

19 Facts About the Grumman F6F Hellcat with Photos

ww1ww2photosfilms: “ F6F-3N Hellcat night fighter of Marine Night Fighter  Squadron 534 running up its engine at Orote… | Grumman f6f hellcat, Wwii  aircraft, Hellcat

Eyes to the Skies — Royal Navy F6F Hellcat in flight, 1945

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I personally don't think we are getting a warbird from ED this year, perhaps even the next one. Their plate is fairly full, Mossie is fairly recently released too.

Nick Grey (ED CEO, unless there's anyone doesn't know) has said, I think a few times even, that he'd like ED to someday to do Hellcat, his favorite warbird, and also Battle of Britain planes. But as far as we know they are not concretely in the plans yet. There is also talk of 109G-6, as a lifelong 109 fan, only version I don't care for in the least 😛 but oh well...

Next Warbird we know to be coming is Mag3's Corsair, and it does actually, and finally, feel close now. Like others have said, it looks quite likely OctopusG will soon announce a La-7 that they have teased, but we have no ida how close or far it is.

• Like 1

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script