Will the ASE in this version be able to pick up SA19 / 2S6 Tunguska tracking ?

poochies

Exactly. If you know where a manpad is, then it's an easy target. But if you don't know where it is, or worse, if one is even present, then they become very deadly.

System specs: i5-10600k (4.9 GHz), RX 6950XT, 32GB DDR4 3200, NVMe SSD, Reverb G2, WinWing Super Libra/Taurus, CH Pro Pedals.

On 2/22/2022 at 1:47 PM, Wychmaster said:

It mostly boils down to the AI being able to spot you extremely fast and seeing you without any problems at any weather and light condition. That might give one the impression the AIs aiming is godlike, but it really isn't. Also note, that many modern vehicles have good optics, FLIR and targeting computers. If you hover for too long over the same spot or fly in a straight line, you are basically inviting a tank to shoot you down, and it is not particularly hard if some constraints are met.

I quick note... Unless this is a new bug, or there have been changes.... the AI is affected by fog as well as day/night cycle and the phase of the moon. There was a bug, where if your mission started at day time and transitioned to night time, the AI might not reflect on that (unless you performs some fixes on the hosting computer). 

But in general night time affects AI to such an extent that sometimes it might be ridiculous, such as when you can land next to ZU-23 gun and it won't shoot you, because it "can't" see you.

MANPADS and IR SAMs (with no search radars) become useless as well. Russian equipment is heavily penalized and crippled at night (in DCS), to a ridiculous extent. 

Haven't tested in a while, but I will do, just to keep my currency 😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

On 2/28/2022 at 6:52 AM, Shadow KT said:

MANPADS and IR SAMs (with no search radars) become useless as well. Russian equipment is heavily penalized and crippled at night (in DCS), to a ridiculous extent. 

Haven't tested in a while, but I will do, just to keep my currency 😄

SA-19 absolutely lit me up at night, firing missile after missile that I was able to kinetically avoid on accident as I had no radar warning from the SA-19 truck.  This means it was optically targeting me at night when I had my lights off.

7 hours ago, Spurts said:

SA-19 absolutely lit me up at night, firing missile after missile that I was able to kinetically avoid on accident as I had no radar warning from the SA-19 truck.  This means it was optically targeting me at night when I had my lights off.

The SA-19 is radio command guided. Can provide tracking to the FCR with its radar or manually through its optics, which include thermal and laser for ranging, if I am not mistaken.

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

On 3/3/2022 at 6:02 PM, Spurts said:

Ah, didn't know thermal was part of the kit.  That would explain it.

Even then you should get a laser warning. The A10-C (shows up as L on rwr) and the ka-50 have laser warning receivers, not sure about other airframes.

On 3/4/2022 at 8:35 PM, FalcoGer said:

Even then you should get a laser warning. The A10-C (shows up as L on rwr) and the ka-50 have laser warning receivers, not sure about other airframes.

Laser warning is coming later in early access

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

10 hours ago, FalcoGer said:

What the heck? They have early early access or what? Not fair!

OH NOOOOES!!!!

SOMEONE'S TESTING A PRODUCT JUST BEFORE RELEASE?!?!!? THE HORROR!!

This isn't a good thing, it's a GREAT thing... real world Apache pilots helping to make sure the Early Access product works well, and then getting permission from ED to post the video... which will help drive sales, some sales which might be first-time DCS World customers, just on the strength of the Apache all by itself!

But you know this and are probably joking! 

• Like 2

On 1/6/2022 at 7:06 PM, toilet2000 said:

The missiles are always SACLOS. They aren't SARH or ARH.

Normally, the tracking radar automatically takes over to send SACLOS guidance commands to the missile, but SACLOS is not a fallback mode for the missile, it's the only guidance mode.

Minor nitpick:

That would be ACLOS, not SACLOS. The missiles are always command guided via a radio uplink, but they aren't always SACLOS.

• MCLOS - Operator manually tracks the target and the missile.
  • SACLOS - Operator manually tracks target, missile tracking is automatic.
  • ACLOS - Target and missile tracking is automatic.

So the primary mode is ACLOS (target tracking performed automatically using the RADAR, EO system automatically tracks missile using an infrared beacon on the missile's tail), with SACLOS (operator manually tracks target using the EO system with the EO system automatically tracking the missile) as a fallback mode.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.