Mission 2 Cloud issue

I'm just getting back into the game after a long break.  I was playing the campaign and Mission 2 is almost impossible with the new clouds.  I can't see anything on the ground and I can't get below the clouds as they are on ground level.  Is there a fix or way to remove the clouds?  I have been googling but haven't seen anyone post about it or a fix.

• 1 year later...

1. Get the free EDITABLE Piercing Fury Campaign at https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3311218/,

The EDITABLE Piercing Fury Campaign is also available for the A-10C II Tank Killer.

2. Open Mission 2 of the EDITABLE Piercing Fury Campaign in the Mission Editor.

3. Click on the 'weather' icon on the left side of the map.

4. In the menu on the right, lift the cloud base to say 10,000 feet.

That way PF mission 2 (which I kept replaying because it's just a great mission, and to reach a full 100% score is not easy) used to work like a charm for me (after dealing with the previous "C-130 not crashing at Kuitaisi" bug) even following the update which messed up the cloud base.

That having been said, Mission 2 is broken again now (status February 2023) after the 2.8 update.

What happens now is that the C-130 crashes alright, and then there is the crash site recording which ends with some weird beeping noises. After that, silence.

No voiceovers telling the tower that "takeoff like yesterday" is required. The follow-me vehicle is permanently stuck on the taxiway (near the runway).

Moving the follow-me vehicle waypoints to the side (into the dirt) in the misson editor allows all planes to taxi and take off, and there are even some more voice overs, but no Chinooks.

Overflying the Suze waypoint does not accomplish anything. No Chinooks. Just silence.

If you or anybody else have come up with a fix for this new bug, please tell me.

Cheers Werk