AN/ARC-210 radio quit guard monitoring depending on frequency displayed

Dup

I noticed 2 things yesterday :

The first one may be correct as is, but once the hornet has an engine running and radios are powered, both of them aren't listing guard frequency by default. We can then tick "GRCV" mode so the guard frequency is monitored, but it is also ticked automatically whenever you go on "G" channel by rotating the radio knob. I don't know if it means the radio isn't set correctly at startup or if it is correct behavior.

The second one is more problematic. I noticed it using SRS mod but it seems to be related to the F/A-18 module, see the associated screenshots with the SRS overlay info : 

- set the GRCV mode on COMM 1 and select chan 1 on it, which is 251.000, then COMM 1 is monitoring 243.000 ("G" symbol in SRS overlay)
Screen_220103_090646.png

- select a channel on COMM 2 and start typing the same frequency that is selected on COMM 1, then even before you press ENT on the UFC, the guard frequency doesn't look like to be monitored anymore according to the SRS overlay, even if it is still on different frequencies since we didn't entered the 251 in COMM 2 channel
Screen_220103_090703.png

- when pressing ENT on UFC, COMM 2 then take the entered frequency and if simply pull the channel selection knob on COMM 1, guard monitoring seems to be back. From there, whenever the selected channels of COMM 1 and COMM 2 set the same frequency, the guard monitoring quit as well
Screen_220103_090730.png

I noticed that this won't happen if you set both COMM 1 and COMM 2 in GRCV mode, so I think it is a bug related to the displayed frequency and state of GRCV mode for the active radio in UFC display.

Note that the GRCV mode isn't changed at all when this frequency equality happens.

Here's a track you can also use if it helps in any way.

Edited by Dup

SRS has no way of accurately knowing which radio you're configuring. Whenever the frequency shown in the top left display matches any of your SRS radios, the right side option button values are read by the export script.

Edited by andyn

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2022 at 2:56 PM, andyn said:

SRS has no way of accurately knowing which radio you're configuring. Whenever the frequency shown in the top left display matches any of your SRS radios, the right side option button values are read by the export script.

Do you mean that SRS is reading the UFC display as we do ? The radio frequencies aren't part of the exports ? 

Do you mean that SRS is reading the UFC display as we do ? The radio frequencies aren't part of the exports ? 
Yeah, AFAIK, SRS uses the cockpit state to determine the frequencies. The UFC displays, in the case of the Hornet.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

10 hours ago, Dup said:

Radio frequencies are exported. Other parameters - including guard status - aren't so SRS has to export the cockpit indicator state and interpret it to its best ability.

Edited by andyn

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2022 at 10:30 PM, andyn said:

Radio frequencies are exported. Other parameters - including guard status - aren't so SRS has to export the cockpit indicator state and interpret it to its best ability.

Tricky.