Community A-4E-C v2.2 (October 2023)

Go to solution Solved by plusnine,

13 minutes ago, Stilgar said:

I installed  Microsoft’s Visual Studio, but nothing changed, i dont have the control of the airplane

You provide too litle data to give accurate suggestions. Can you tell us exactly on wath path you installed the Mod? Can you check your Antivirus logs to make sure it is not preventing access to one of the Mod's files?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I made this profile for my T.16000M FCS & TFRP Pedals.

P.S.: This profile assumes you have a Headtracker.

I downloaded JoytoKey and binded Keyboard keys = and - for Zoom In Slow and Zoom Out Slow, as DCS doesn't recognize my paddles as buttons:

https://joytokey.net/en/download

I also use some keyboard keys as support for cockpit lights, flashlight and NVG bright.

Thrustmaster T.16000M Hotas A-4E.png

Edited by =Skywarp=
  • Like 3

RYZEN 7 2700 3.2 GHz / GAINWARD RTX 2070 / 32 GB RAM 3200 MHz / ASUS PRIME B450M / M.2 NVMe KINGSTON 1TB / SSD SANDISK 480GB / HD 2TB SATA3 / CORSAIR CX650 / AOC AGON AG322FCX MONITOR / THRUSTMASTER T.16000M FCS / CUSTOM HEADTRACK

F-14 Tomcat Side View.png

Is there a template of which I can fill-in my own mapping for T16K?

• Like 1

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

5 minutes ago, VFGiPJP said:

Is there a template of which I can fill-in my own mapping for T16K?

Here is a blank one

Thrustmaster T.16000M Hotas.pdf

Edited by =Skywarp=
  • Thanks 1

RYZEN 7 2700 3.2 GHz / GAINWARD RTX 2070 / 32 GB RAM 3200 MHz / ASUS PRIME B450M / M.2 NVMe KINGSTON 1TB / SSD SANDISK 480GB / HD 2TB SATA3 / CORSAIR CX650 / AOC AGON AG322FCX MONITOR / THRUSTMASTER T.16000M FCS / CUSTOM HEADTRACK

In the instant action menu for a cold start, I have no issues connecting to the ground power, etc. However, I made a little mission in the ME and when I try a cold start, the comms menu appears and I hear the request for ground power, then silence and no ground power is provided.    I am using button 5 on my throttle for the microphone and it is attached to RALT+\.  I also tried just using just the \ but the same result.  What am I doing wrong?

Edited by sobe

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

You always have to request ground power with your canopy opened

I Absolutely Love the A-4 mod! Flying the Scooter is so much fun! The A-4 has become my favorite aircraft to fly! This mod is without a doubt the best freeware mod available for DCS and is better than some payware aircraft available!!!!

A835E058-BE4D-4C15-A244-26E98833DC41.png

• Like 9

In the instant action menu for a cold start, I have no issues connecting to the ground power, etc. However, I made a little mission in the ME and when I try a cold start, the comms menu appears and I hear the request for ground power, then silence and no ground power is provided.   I sometimes hear a thud sound.  I am using button 5 on my throttle for the microphone and it is attached to RALT+\.  I also tried just using just the \ but the same result.  What am I doing wrong?

"You always have to request ground power with your canopy opened "  I just checked and the first thing that happens is that the canopy opens so that is not the problem.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

19 minutes ago, sobe said:

In the instant action menu for a cold start, I have no issues connecting to the ground power, etc. However, I made a little mission in the ME and when I try a cold start, the comms menu appears and I hear the request for ground power, then silence and no ground power is provided.   I sometimes hear a thud sound.  I am using button 5 on my throttle for the microphone and it is attached to RALT+\.  I also tried just using just the \ but the same result.  What am I doing wrong?

"You always have to request ground power with your canopy opened "  I just checked and the first thing that happens is that the canopy opens so that is not the problem.

use the regular comms menu binding for ground crew commands, not the radio microphone.

I did and still no response.  comms = \   See the attached track.

use the regular comms menu binding for ground crew commands, not the radio microphone.

no response.trk

Can somebody explain to me what the difference between LABS and CMPTR on the mode selector is - regarding to the „ccrp“ bombing?

As far as I can tell it makes no difference - both seem to work and I can‘t see any difference (I could be mistaken of course).

Thank you!

p.s. Everybody who is not giving the A-4E a try (because it‘s a „mod“ or some other reasons), really misses out! It‘s a great aircraft and a great module. The era, the carrier capability, the systems on the brink to modern times (everything system is there, just on a very basic level - which makes it both, easy to learn and hard to master…and very interesting) 😍

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

In real life:

LABS is just a Toss Bombing Mode where you pull up until the bomb is released to giving it a ballistic path with an upward vector. Just Loft bombing

CMPTR mode is a pseudo CCRP with target preselection upon depressing the release button, to let the computer calculate the release point.

On the A-4 Mod maybe isn´t any difference. Yet. LABS was used first to accomodate the CMPTR mode, but now CMPTR is fully coded so no need of LABS. Maybe on the A-4 was an option for nukes and thats why in the mod is no difference because nukes are not modelled.

Roughly speaking because there are multiple Toss Bombing profiles of course.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon
  • Thanks 1

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

2 hours ago, sobe said:

no response.trk 195.99 kB · 0 downloads

share mission file on discord or the issue tracker, please, this is not an official support forum, and you have a history of creating issues for yourself. if you need assistance, i need to be able to ask questions and replicate things on my own terms in order to help you, you taking shots in the dark about what you might've done and providing incomplete information in the form of a track file is not helpful.

Edited by plusnine

no response.trk
Hey Sobe,

Just doing the gross error check.... did you start the aircraft at a "blue" airbase? Neutral may or may not give a response.

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

• Like 1

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

32 minutes ago, Esac_mirmidon said:

In real life:

LABS is just a Toss Bombing Mode where you pull up until the bomb is released to giving it a ballistic path with an upward vector. Just Loft bombing

CMPTR mode is a pseudo CCRP with target preselection upon depressing the release button, to let the computer calculate the release point.

On the A-4 Mod maybe isn´t any difference. Yet. LABS was used first to accomodate the CMPTR mode, but now CMPTR is fully coded so no need of LABS. Maybe on the A-4 was an option for nukes and thats why in the mod is no difference because nukes are not modelled.

Roughly speaking because there are multiple Toss Bombing profiles of course.

Good explanation! Thank you!

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

2 hours ago, Dreams said:

I Absolutely Love the A-4 mod! Flying the Scooter is so much fun! The A-4 has become my favorite aircraft to fly! This mod is without a doubt the best freeware mod available for DCS and is better than some payware aircraft available!!!!

A835E058-BE4D-4C15-A244-26E98833DC41.png

I absolutely agree. This is $$$ level module and I would have bought it instantly had it been an official DCS module.

Will the development of it continue? Or is this the “final” features list?

• Like 2

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

1 minute ago, Bozon said:

I absolutely agree. This is $$$ level module and I would have bought it instantly had it been an official DCS module.

Will the development of it continue? Or is this the “final” features list?

I think it is a passion project and will be continued. (I hope so! But I haven’t read otherwise yet)

RCN Scooter livery for Community A-4E Skyhawk by 'bulico'

I have the most up to date DCS 2.7 open beta and news A-4E mod v2 (downloaded Jan 07) and began flying again after a long absence. Flew off the USS Forestall and successfully landed on the carrier. I love Canadian content so I tried the RCN livery created by 'bulico' created in Aug 2020 which did work fine but now does not. The words 'missing texture' can be seen on the fuselage and there are rectangle patches like tetris.

Any ideas how I could fix? (I know nothing about creating livery files but would really like to this RCN livery working).

Link to the original livery here:  https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3312072/

Solution found thanks to 'plusnine' on the a-4e community discord channel.

Decided to continue the post to help anyone else with similar livery issues.

The solution is to edit the original RCN Scooter livery description file with notepad++

1. First make a back up copy of your description file and save it somewhere safe. I renamed mine 'rcn scooter description' just to be safe.

2. Find a livery in the A-4E mod package (openbeta/mods/aircraft/A-4E-C/liveries/A-4E-C) and load the 'description' file into notepad ++

3. I used livery called 'Trainer USN NFWS Gray'

4. For RCN Scooter description replace "Bottom", ROUGHNESS_METALLIC, "fus_bot_v472_RoughMet_hi" with

5. Trainer USN NFWS Gray description "Bottom", ROUGHNESS_METALLIC, "a4e_ext_bottom_RoughMet_lo"

6. For RCN Scooter description replace "Top", ROUGHNESS_METALLIC, "fus_top_v494_RoughMet_hi" with

7. Trainer USN NFWS Gray description "Top", ROUGHNESS_METALLIC, "a4e_ext_top_RoughMet_lo"

8. Save the description file for the RCN Scooter.

9. Test it out. Hopefully it works for you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Original RCN Scooter with 'missing texture'

Screen_220107_125154b.png

Fixed RCN Scooter with edited description using files from 'Trainer USN NFWS Gray'

Screen_220107_141927c.png

• Thanks 1

Canadian 🇨🇦🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇬🇧. DCS World Open Beta 2.7. 

Aircraft: Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 K-4 Kurfurst. F/A-18C Hornet, F-5E3 Tiger II. Flaming Cliffs: F-15C, Mig29, Su27, Su33, Su25, A10A. Community aircraft: A4 Skyhawk, T45 Goshawk, A29a Tucano, MB339, J39 Gripen, Hercules C-130. Assets and Maps: US Super Carrier, WWII Assets Pack. Maps: Caucasus, Channel, Mariana Islands, Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria. Simulation computer system: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor 3.60 GHz, Sapphire Radeon RX 5700XT, 64GB memory, 2x 1TB M.2 SSD, 1TB SSD, 32" Samsung monitor. 🍁 [updated Jan07 2022]

I have another Question. This time regarding the flight dynamics.

Normally the Scooter rolls like crazy, but when under load in a tight turn, there is almost no aileron/roll authority. First I thought I was in a stall (feels almost the same regarding the control surfaces authority) but I was at 300+ knots still.

I assume, that is modeled to reality but could someone (who has actual knowledge - other than me) please elaborate?

Thank you!!!

5 hours ago, Hiob said:

I have another Question. This time regarding the flight dynamics.

Normally the Scooter rolls like crazy, but when under load in a tight turn, there is almost no aileron/roll authority. First I thought I was in a stall (feels almost the same regarding the control surfaces authority) but I was at 300+ knots still.

I assume, that is modeled to reality but could someone (who has actual knowledge - other than me) please elaborate?

Thank you!!!

Yea so even though your wing is not stalling when you move the aileron it increases/decreases the AOA, causing that to stall, this will increase the drag and reduce the lift on those segments of wing.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, JNelson said:

Yea so even though your wing is not stalling when you move the aileron it increases/decreases the AOA, causing that to stall, this will increase the drag and reduce the lift on those segments of wing.

Thank you. Is there a certain value of G/AoA where the ailerons become uneffective, or is it a more complex function, including speed and so on?

1 hour ago, Hiob said:

Thank you. Is there a certain value of G/AoA where the ailerons become uneffective, or is it a more complex function, including speed and so on?

It directly depends on the AOA of the wing and the coefficient of lift of the wing at that aoa. Plus all the usual lift drag variables.

• Thanks 1

Hi,

I just have a question, I noticed that some textures when viewed from outside the cockpit are missing (See Picture). Is this a WIP or a bug? I am not sure, so I just wanted to ask. I Love this Mod thank so much for making it!!!

Screen_220108_095503.png

Congratulations on an absolutely stunning effort! You all should be rightfully proud of what you have accomplished 

May I ask if you have any plans to develop a pilot body? Being exclusively VR, I find a pilot body really adds to the immersion. To the extent I tend to avoid planes without a pilot.

I know this topic can be polarising, but just wondering if y'all have any appetite for this enhancement in the future?