Community A-4E-C v2.2 (October 2023)

Go to solution Solved by plusnine,

7 hours ago, Victory205 said:

I'd rather wrestle a rabid alligator in a pool of radioactive quicksand than log into discord.

😂 made my day! 👍

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

Great mod! Understanding B-scope and E-scope for terrain avoidance takes some practice. 

But I am having problems with taxi and wheel steering. I get it is now differential braking and front gear free caster. I keep on getting this weird front gear getting stuck on some angle, and opposite braking does not straight it. Well not until aircraft gets some fwd speed. Aircraft becomes difficult to point in a desired direction.

• Like 1

I have to second this. Differential braking is fine and the A-4 is far from the only module with this kind of steering, but the response from the free frontwheel is.... odd.
It's only a minor problem for me, but I think it is a feature that needs further tweaking.

• Like 3

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

if you are locking up the brakes or over-castering the nose wheel, you're going too hard on your brakes (possibly as a result of throwing too much thrust in - remember the engine spool time is greatest at the idle end). if you bitch-slap those brakes, expect them to bitch-slap you right back by locking up or over-turning.

as is noted on the taxi/takeoff notes in the kneeboard, i recommend use of the controls indicator to monitor the nosewheel position and figure out exactly how, on your individual input setup you need to apply the brakes in order to get the turn you want while you develop your personal feel for ground handling in the A-4E-C. like a lot of things in DCS, some finesse is required, making too many or too extreme inputs in any one thing is what is going to trip you up.

Edited by plusnine
  • Like 2

Anyone getting Vaicom to work on the radio?  It works fine with canopy open.  When trying to use the radio with Vaicom, I get no response from tower, tanker or CV.  On the Vaicom forum here it is posted that the A-4E is not a supported mod.  Any chance the development team could adjust the mod so that it uses the radio the same way the "official" modules do?  In VR the use of Vaicom is really helpful.

i9 10900KF 3.70GHz (5.30GHz Turbo), MSI RTX 4090 OC 24GB, ASUS Z590-E GAMING Motherboard, CORSAIR Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, 2TB Intel 660P M.2 NVMe SSD, Virpil Alpha Joystick, T-50CM3 Throttle, MFG Xwind rudder pedals, Pimax Crystal VR.

39 minutes ago, Tshark said:

Anyone getting Vaicom to work on the radio?  It works fine with canopy open.  When trying to use the radio with Vaicom, I get no response from tower, tanker or CV.  On the Vaicom forum here it is posted that the A-4E is not a supported mod.  Any chance the development team could adjust the mod so that it uses the radio the same way the "official" modules do?  In VR the use of Vaicom is really helpful.

you're probably using the communications menu binding, instead of the Radio Microphone Push to Talk (PTT) binding. See 1-2 and 6-1 in the kneeboard.

Edited by plusnine

Thanks for the quick reply Plusnine.  I tried "\" and "r/ctrl \", but I see in the manual I should use "r/alt \".  I will try that binding today.  Sorry to take your time with a RTFM question.

Btw- Your mod has got my wife into DCS and I highly recommend it to my friends wishing to start learning DCS.

THANK YOU!

i9 10900KF 3.70GHz (5.30GHz Turbo), MSI RTX 4090 OC 24GB, ASUS Z590-E GAMING Motherboard, CORSAIR Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, 2TB Intel 660P M.2 NVMe SSD, Virpil Alpha Joystick, T-50CM3 Throttle, MFG Xwind rudder pedals, Pimax Crystal VR.

Just FYI for others. 

I tried various bindings and Vaicom currently does not work with radio communications.  With canopy open you can use Vaicom for ground crew.  There are a couple posts on Vaicom Discord that since the last update the Huey, Viggen, and A-4E are broken in Vaicom.  You need to map the comms keys to your HOTAS and either turn off Vaicom or disable "Hide menus" in the Vaicom setting panel.

For me with Vaicom off and the HOTAS keys mapped everything works as it should.  I didn't disable "Hide Menus", because I fly other modules that are fully functional with Vaicom.

30 minutes ago, Tshark said:

Just FYI for others. 

I tried various bindings and Vaicom currently does not work with radio communications.  With canopy open you can use Vaicom for ground crew.  There are a couple posts on Vaicom Discord that since the last update the Huey, Viggen, and A-4E are broken in Vaicom.  You need to map the comms keys to your HOTAS and either turn off Vaicom or disable "Hide menus" in the Vaicom setting panel.

For me with Vaicom off and the HOTAS keys mapped everything works as it should.  I didn't disable "Hide Menus", because I fly other modules that are fully functional with Vaicom.

I have had no issues with it not working with Viacom. It has worked fine for me .

1 hour ago, Manhorne said:

I have had no issues with it not working with Viacom. It has worked fine for me .

Interesting.  Do you have Vaicom TX1 or TX2 also mapped in DCS for comms?  Are your menus hidden with Vaicom?

Thanks for the info

5 hours ago, Tshark said:

I replied to you in the VAICOM thread.

Basically, it works, though not perfectly. Maim issue for me is the tuning of radios by voice, and the delays in the comms. 

11 minutes ago, Tshark said:

Interesting.  Do you have Vaicom TX1 or TX2 also mapped in DCS for comms?  Are your menus hidden with Vaicom?

Thanks for the info

I have the menus hidden but I do not have the TX1 or TX2 mapped in DCS. Initially when I installed the A-4E 2.0 I had some issues but I shut down DCS and Voice attack and restarted them and everything has worked fine for me since. I have had no problems with the comms.

17 hours ago, Victory205 said:

Yes, we were limited to a single 360 roll with further limitations based on external stores and or fuel in the drops. The Blue Angels used zero G rolls to mitigate the adverse yaw that ExA4K mentioned. It was instantly evident, in that you'd feel light in your seat during a max rate roll, the inertial coupling/dumbbell effect was there too.

Concur, half slats on speed. I dig my notes out of the safe tomorrow if possible.

I haven't observed the slats deploy at all in the sim, but only have had one go at it. I may have fouled something up in settings or installation, so haven't looked a high alpha maneuvering yet.

17 hours ago, ExA4K said:

Hi JNelson, and thanks to you and the team's solid work on this module.

The K had the same basic airframe limitations as the rest as it was based on the F.  The subsequent Kahu variant that I flew was a substantive avionics update, but the underlying engine/airframe combo remained untouched.  The 360deg roll limitation wasn't a hydraulic limit, it was an aerodynamic and handling one.  Full control throw was always available, but continued high rates of roll would lead to aerodynamic cross coupling and potential loss of control thanks to the adverse aileron yaw (aileron drag causing yaw opposite to the direction of roll).

Hi, thanks for the feedback both. I was aware that there is a pilot restriction to 360 deg/s in the NATOPs what I was referring to was the A-4M which our SME one time offhandedly mentioned a hydraulic limit, I haven't actually checked this claim since it's not applicable to the E.

I will take a look at slat deployment, the pitch stability and sensitivity of the elevator.

As for the slats it is possible to lock them like the blue angels however this must be operated on the ground so I doubt you accidently triggered this feature.

If either of you fancy helping tune the last bits of the FM closer, discord is a really good platform for discussion, this thread will unfortunately get buried by people asking questions about the NWS and stuff. If you change your minds you can join here: https://discord.gg/XxCGSwZf7h, once you are in the server I can invite you to a testing private discord if you don't wish to stay in the main discord.

Thanks,

JNelson.

1 hour ago, MAXsenna said:

I replied to you in the VAICOM thread.

Basically, it works, though not perfectly. Maim issue for me is the tuning of radios by voice, and the delays in the comms. 

Thanks Max.  That seems to "fix" it sort of.  It was the delays in the commands that was throwing me off.  On the ground everything works normally, but get in the air and suddenly all Vaicom commands are delayed (even kneeboard).  Hitting the transmit button a couple times after giving the initial verbal command gets the desired response.

• Like 1

Thanks Max.  That seems to "fix" it sort of.  It was the delays in the commands that was throwing me off.  On the ground everything works normally, but get in the air and suddenly all Vaicom commands are delayed (even kneeboard).  Hitting the transmit button a couple times after giving the initial verbal command gets the desired response.
Well, the delay has always been there for me, also happened in other modules in the past, that have been fixed.
I have advocated and politely asked, if the A-4E-C module could receive official support from VAICOM since the first release with working radios. I have never got an answer, so unfortunately I don't see it happening. Try with easy comms on, that used to solve it.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

On 1/4/2022 at 10:06 AM, bC3660 said:

Will this paint be added or can it stilll be used on this version?

VX-5

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3315538/

I have tried this skin in game and in model viewer, apart from the fuel tanks missing a texture (which I am fixing) what exactly is wrong with the aircraft skin?

It seems to appear fine.

Send lawyers, guns and money......... for the …. has hit the fan.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | RAM: Corsair 32.0GB Dual-Channel | MOBO: ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (AM4) | GPU: MSI G271CQP on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 | SSD: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB & Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB for Gaming

CH Fightersick - Pro Throttle - Pro Pedals | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar x 3 | Buddy Fox A-10C UFC

image.jpeg

Windows 10 Home 64-bit | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | RAM: Corsair 32.0GB Dual-Channel | MOBO: ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (AM4) | GPU: MSI G271CQP on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 | SSD: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB & Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB for Gaming

CH Fightersick - Pro Throttle - Pro Pedals | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar x 3 | Buddy Fox A-10C UFC

image.jpeg

Thank for the hard work and outstanding job.

I think its time ED will add this mod a separate forum section and tag it in thee "Units" in the search in download user file

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR

-----------------------

My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.

-------------

That would be a good idea. save us all having to troll through ‘Other’ units

image.jpeg

I know when starting the a4  the throttle is pulled ALL the way back..( further that it nornaly travels...and STARTING the a4  the throttle pops out to the right and forward to start the engine.  ( so far no issue)  BUT,  i can NOT reverse that same process when shutting down ( or even restarting)  i can NOT get the throttle to go PAST ( back/left) the normal operating position.

What am i missing?  is there a LEVER..BUTTON ??  KNOB???  something i can not see...or have found in any video or manual. Please someone HELP

The mouse can NOT do the same thing it does to bring the throttle forward from its locking position...to park it/ put it BACK in it's lock/parking position.

MAYDAY..not many hairs left 🙂   need help.

Thanks in advance.

weed89

_________________________________________________UPDATE  FIX WAS FOUND________________________________________

seems my joystick needed re-calibrating..it ( while seeming to function just fine)  did NOT pull back far enough..so even my MOUSE would not allow the throttle to recede back far enough to (park) it.   thanks for the folks the helpd me in another thread!!

Edited by Weed89

1 hour ago, Helles Belle said:

That would be a good idea. save us all having to troll through ‘Other’ units

@plusnine @BIGNEWY  can we made it happen?

Its will make our life much easy and enjoyable with this mod and user file section.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR

-----------------------

My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.

-------------