Community A-4E-C v2.2 (October 2023)

Go to solution Solved by plusnine,

On 2/4/2022 at 1:13 PM, Gunfreak said:

Has it been reported that the inboard cannons fire. When you fire rockets even if cannons are on safe?

I have mapped two keys to fire rockets: one is the main stick trigger, the other a throttle button. If you put the Weapon Function Selector Switch on Rockets you shoot with the trigger you use for the 20mm cannon, but you keep the cannon deactivated, if you shoot with the Bomb Release Button you don't have to deactivate the 20mm cannon and you only shoot rockets. I hope this is what you meant.

1 hour ago, Calabrone said:

I have mapped two keys to fire rockets: one is the main stick trigger, the other a throttle button. If you put the Weapon Function Selector Switch on Rockets you shoot with the trigger you use for the 20mm cannon, but you keep the cannon deactivated, if you shoot with the Bomb Release Button you don't have to deactivate the 20mm cannon and you only shoot rockets. I hope this is what you meant.

If I fire rockets with the trigger(not weapons/bomb release) I'll also fire cannons even if cannons are one safe. 

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

I have put you, Gunfreak the screenshots of the button settings and the knob to fire only the rockets with the stick trigger . So you only fire the rockets and the 20mm cannons don't fire. I hope this image will help you.DCS_2022.02.06-16.19.png

Edited by Calabrone
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Calabrone said:

I have put you, Gunfreak the screenshots of the button settings and the knob to fire only the rockets with the stick trigger . So you only fire the rockets and the 20mm cannons don't fire. I hope this image will help you.DCS_2022.02.06-16.19.png

As I said. It's a bug. It will fire cannons with that button/knob configuration. 

Gunfreak, excuse me, but before installing 2.0 did you delete the old version and then put the new A4-E folder, because everything works fine for me in that configuration and I assure you that the 20mm cannons do not fire. I'm sorry that you can't solve the problem and I don't know how to help you anymore. Wet Feet!

On 2/2/2022 at 12:20 PM, Helles Belle said:

Gday @Calabrone, good to hear you enjoy the A-4. I think it is the aircraft that I get the most satisfaction with. That could be because it can be so hard to master, who knows.

Another reason I thought of, that has been mentioned by others before, that could be causing problems taxing on carriers, is wind over the deck. I experienced this today when playing around and it was hard to turn in some cases, but not impossible & once aware of the problem it can be countered.

If you ever want to jump on a MP server and tear up a carrier deck doing donuts let me know.

Thanks for the tip Helles. I love A4-E because it is challenging to master, and then I get excited when from 7000feet I jump on target, release at 4000feet and disengage at 3000feet. Maybe I'm silly or elated, but it gives me a great feeling, even if it's virtual.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Stilgar said:

Hi, where i can find the file with the chart of the airfields that i can see on the kneenboard?

Hi. In the folder "DCSWorld/Doc/Charts" there is a PDF file called DCS_GND_Charts in which you can find all the information and maps of the airports of the Caucasus map. The airports of other maps I don't know where to find.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Gunfreak said:

As I said. It's a bug. It will fire cannons with that button/knob configuration. 

i did some extensive testing this weekend and am unable to replicate your issue with the guns firing in the rocket position while not armed. if you would like to file an issue with some relevant video, we can look into it. i made a pretty thorough review of the gun code and do not see how such firing is even possible unless you modified your own weapon_system.lua.

Edited by plusnine

Hi All, I discovered recently the A-4E v2.0 Mod, and it's amazing. Superb work. 😀 Maybe this question has been addressed previously, sorry for that, but I'm looking for a Thrustmaster WartHog profile for this Mod. Rather than reinventing the wheel, is one profile available somewhere ? Thanks for your help, Toan

• Like 1

2 hours ago, plusnine said:

i did some extensive testing this weekend and am unable to replicate your issue with the guns firing in the rocket position while not armed. if you would like to file an issue with some relevant video, we can look into it. i made a pretty thorough review of the gun code and do not see how such firing is even possible unless you modified your own weapon_system.lua.

I had rockets in the two outer pylons, and gunpods on the inner and belly. I had turned power on the gunpods, but had not turned on the pylons themselves. I had had my onbord cannon on safe. When i fired the rockets on single if i held in the trigger slightly longer than what is needed for the rockets to fire. The onboard cannons would fire(after the rocket was fired. Not at the same time as the rocket) this happened on two missions I made, one on marianas and one on Nevada.(on marianas I had 2 gunpods, 6 mk82 snake eyes and rockets, in nevada I had 3 gun pods and rockets.)

32 minutes ago, Gunfreak said:

I had rockets in the two outer pylons, and gunpods on the inner and belly. I had turned power on the gunpods, but had not turned on the pylons themselves. I had had my onbord cannon on safe. When i fired the rockets on single if i held in the trigger slightly longer than what is needed for the rockets to fire. The onboard cannons would fire(after the rocket was fired. Not at the same time as the rocket) this happened on two missions I made, one on marianas and one on Nevada.(on marianas I had 2 gunpods, 6 mk82 snake eyes and rockets, in nevada I had 3 gun pods and rockets.)

AH! The PODS, not the internal cannons! This behavior, while not intuitive, is correct: Gun pods are charged and readied on on the gun pod panel instead - unlike other weapons, the station selection on the armament panel has no effect on the gun pods (the documentation in the kneeboard is misleading, which I've corrected for next time).

Similarly, the guns ready/safe switch on the armament panel has no effect on gunpods (other than that it is unwise to fire internal guns and gunpods at the same time if you want to hit your target).

You can, as others have indicated above, set the weapon selector to GM UNARM to set rockets to pickle to keep their firing input separate from the gun pods.

Edited by plusnine

10 minutes ago, jurinko said:

From A-4 manual regarding the stuck front wheel while taxiing.

Screenshot_20220207-201107_ReadEra.jpg

What manual are you looking at and where can it be obtained? I'd like to read the other points too.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

On 2/7/2022 at 2:17 PM, jurinko said:

From A-4 manual regarding the stuck front wheel while taxiing.

Screenshot_20220207-201107_ReadEra.jpg

Although I have not found the exact paragraph that you quote above, the manual that you linked is for the Royal Australian Navy A-4 fleet.  The RAN operated a mixed bag of A-4 blocks and in all instances that I can find to Nosewheel Steering it specifies that it applies to the A-4F

In fact on page 6-10 it states:

TAXIING
1. Maintain directional control using nosewheel
steering (A-4F) and brakes (A-4E) as required.

Which would indicate that the A-4E in RAN were not upgraded to have NW Steering and would have used differential breaking instead.

The RAN didn’t have the E model. They had what was known as the G model which was an F brought up to the specs for the RAN.

Send lawyers, guns and money......... for the …. has hit the fan.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | RAM: Corsair 32.0GB Dual-Channel | MOBO: ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (AM4) | GPU: MSI G271CQP on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 | SSD: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB & Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB for Gaming

CH Fightersick - Pro Throttle - Pro Pedals | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar x 3 | Buddy Fox A-10C UFC

image.jpeg

I love the realism wrt the nosewheel steering. As you can see in the following video, in real life they had probs on the carrier as well and needed a steering bar to help the A-4E on the cat. Since we don't have that help in the game I think it would be ok to have the option of a simplified nosewheelsteering. Either as a default option, or as in other modules with a NWS button.

• Thanks 2